Home

EA's Aug 16 Roster Update Download (ps2)

This is a discussion on EA's Aug 16 Roster Update Download (ps2) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA's Aug 16 Roster Update Download (ps2)

The attached zip file has the August 16 roster update in max and xps formats for ps2. This is the "online roster" version with no edits. If you edit it, the game should prompt you to save a copy in normal roster format, and if you have autosave on, it may spawn a normal roster save automatically. Plan mem card space and protect any existing roster files accordingly.
===
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden08Update(16-Aug-2007).zip (320.4 KB, 116 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

bestkeptsecret13's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA's Aug 16 Roster Update Download (ps2)

I can't download this, so could you tell me if Mike Hass (WR), Jamar Williams (OLB), Trumaine McBride (CB), Corey Graham (CB) and Kevin Payne (SS) are on the Bears roster or possibly in free agency?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger
The attached zip file has the August 16 roster update in max and xps formats for ps2. This is the "online roster" version with no edits. If you edit it, the game should prompt you to save a copy in normal roster format, and if you have autosave on, it may spawn a normal roster save automatically. Plan mem card space and protect any existing roster files accordingly.
===
If this is the online roster that you are required to download when going online with the game then ten to one they are the default rosters that were shipped with the game. No point in downloading that.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
If this is the online roster that you are required to download when going online with the game then ten to one they are the default rosters that were shipped with the game. No point in downloading that.
I haven't downloaded the roster file posted but I can tell you that the online update has quite a few changes. There is another thread posted with the changes for both 360 & PS2 I believe. I'm actually surprised that EA did so many changes & it not being anything to do with a roster update for opening day really. Normally, EA doesn't provide this kind of update until the opening day rosters. Don't get me wrong, there are still some players missing & changes not made but it's really pretty good overall for such an early update. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't reviewed it extensively. I don't recall seeing any new players, but there have been several changes since the default rosters - retirements, IR additions, FA signings, Culpepper to OAK, Green to MIA, etc. If you manually edited the default rosters as far as you could, you have probably already created something very similar on your own (other than IR players).
===
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger
I haven't reviewed it extensively. I don't recall seeing any new players, but there have been several changes since the default rosters - retirements, IR additions, FA signings, Culpepper to OAK, Green to MIA, etc. If you manually edited the default rosters as far as you could, you have probably already created something very similar on your own (other than IR players).
===
I can confirm that a select few players have been added to the latest roster update. I just can't remember what players but I'll try to get them posted back here! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkeptsecret13
I can't download this, so could you tell me if Mike Hass (WR), Jamar Williams (OLB), Trumaine McBride (CB), Corey Graham (CB) and Kevin Payne (SS) are on the Bears roster or possibly in free agency?
Unfortunatley, they are not included in a roster update. All they did for the Bears was get Walker and give Vasher and Tillman extensions.

Hopefully they'll be in there next time.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTerritory
Unfortunatley, they are not included in a roster update. All they did for the Bears was get Walker and give Vasher and Tillman extensions.

Hopefully they'll be in there next time.
Sorry for the misinformation, Payne, McBride and Grahm have all been added. Williams and Manelly still not there.

Pretty good update though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »