Home

Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjordan
I did historic rosters for 2k5 but i dont have the time to redo them for madden.

But if anyone is working on the historic rosters for madden xbox 360 please post them here so we can test them...
thanks
Is the interface of the historic rosters the same on xbox360 as they are on xbox1?

Are the same historic teams on both?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

If anyone has a spreadsheet with historical rosters and attributes, please post. If i had this info, i wouldn't mind doing them manually.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #19
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
I don't understand. If you have an Xbox1 why don't you just go into the historic rosters menu and name them?

I am not sure if anyone else will name all the historic rosters on xbox1 and upload them, but until someone uploads that, I'll spend all my time playing the game and naming the historic rosters myself and save the roster files on my hard drive.

The interface is great on the xbox1 and they have a lot of historic teams. Not just like the All Time teams, but also yearly specific teams with custom uniforms.

There's a lot of them.

Man the Oilers uniforms are cool. They even have some alternate Oilers unis...
sorry for the confusion. i don't have an xbox1. this is what i meant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
If anyone has a spreadsheet with historical rosters and attributes, please post. If i had this info, i wouldn't mind doing them manually.
i wouldn't mind doing the rosters manually (i've already toyed around a little.. but i need ratings for the teams because i'm not sure how to rate them so i was going to use the ratings that EA gives)
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

On the Xbox1, does anyone have the Madden 08 historic rosters or the Madden 07 historic rosters? I don't have those games, but could anyone determine if the historic teams in 09 on xbox1 are the same as 08, or 07?

Then perhaps there is someway to modify file to 09.

But, it is possible that there are some more historic teams in 09 than there were in 07 or 08.

Although I hate the fact that you can't import a created team into fantasy challenge or the fact that you can't play on quarters longer than 3 mins in that mode, I think the historic players in that mode are cool.

I really need to unlock some of these teams. And certainly it will be quicker and NFL Street like to play it on 3:00 quarters. However, I'd love to find a hex code to be able to play on longer quarters in this mode...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

One idea is to edit current teams into historic teams and save the roster file. For instance, you can pick 32 teams to represent the 1950's - 1970's and save that roster file. Then another roster set could be for teams 1980-2008 and save that file. Then maybe a third roster set could be the "greatest" teams representing each franchise (1962 Packers, 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears, 1972 Dolphins, etc...) Subjective as ti what teams get included for sure, but you get the idea.

Can this be done in this year's Madden - edit current teams so that you can then play season mode with them? Can enough editing be done on current teams/players to make it worthwhile?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #22
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
One idea is to edit current teams into historic teams and save the roster file. For instance, you can pick 32 teams to represent the 1950's - 1970's and save that roster file. Then another roster set could be for teams 1980-2008 and save that file. Then maybe a third roster set could be the "greatest" teams representing each franchise (1962 Packers, 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears, 1972 Dolphins, etc...) Subjective as ti what teams get included for sure, but you get the idea.

Can this be done in this year's Madden - edit current teams so that you can then play season mode with them? Can enough editing be done on current teams/players to make it worthwhile?

C
here's what i'm doing and what i've found:

- **CAP limit is 50... once you've hit 50 you can keep creating players but they will not show up on the team that you selected. i found this out the hard way i kept creating and created about a dozen players and then went to the roster and they weren't there

- i'm doing one team at a time. example: right now i'm doing the 98 Broncos. so what i have to do is:
1. go to the free agents list.
2. order them so the worst rated players are at the top (lower salaries required for cap ($$) space).
3. go through and add as many free agents to each team as you can until it says that each team's roster is full. *i'll explain why in a later step
4. now start creating players for the team you're making. i recommend you create all the players for one position at once. example: create all the QB's, then all the FB's, then all the HB's, etc.
5. after you've created your 2-3 QB's (or whatever position) go to your teams roster and release all the players for that position that you don't want. **this is why you needed to sign as many FA's to all the teams that you could because if not it will eventually tell you that the FA list is full**
6. after you've gone through and completed your roster save the roster file
7. after saving start up a franchise with the roster that has your created/historic team
8. export/save the team from franchise mode
9. now you can use them for later use in Play Now mode (or whatever mode) by selecting "Load Team" on the team choice screen

hope that makes sense.

the only place where i'm running into trouble is ratings. i have no idea how to rate these people. that's what i was hoping someone with madden 09 for the xbox1 would type up a spreadsheet of ratings for the historic teams so we could get EA's ratings of these teams/players

***NOTICE*** unless i'm just completely missing it there is no way to change the appearance (height, weight, skin tone, etc.) after the initial creation of the player. if you go back later to "edit player" for someone you created the "appearance" section will not appear. you will only have the "equipment", "ratings", and "general info" sections appear.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #23
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm fine until the player attributes, also. I understand how to set numbers and test in sim mode but patience is key. I don't have that much.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 08-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Haven't experimented with this yet, but there is probably a way to manipulate the export team function to get around the 50 CAP limit. For instance, you might be able to create the first 50 and then sign them to the team you want. Then you could start a franshise and export the team. Then exit franchise and load the original roster load (without any CAPs). You could then create the rest of the players as free agents, enter franchise mode and load the exported team with the previous 50 CAPs and then just sign the new CAPs from the free agent list in franchise mode. Might work. I'll be working on some of these later next week when I get a chance.

One question though for someone who has the xbox and ps2 versions. I've ordered Madden 2000 for the PC because it was only a couple of bucks and memory tells me that that had a few more than the newer versions (like the 97 Lions). However, since those years the new gen (xbox 360 and PS3) has added several attribute categories that the new games didn't have. Do the newer versions on the PS2 and Xbox have those new ratings? If that is the case, I may have to check one of those out for reference instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »