Home

RERATED XBOX 360 ROSTERS - NO MORE ROBO QB!

This is a discussion on RERATED XBOX 360 ROSTERS - NO MORE ROBO QB! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 12:49 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: RERATED XBOX 360 ROSTERS - NO MORE ROBO QB!

I'm going to give these a try.
and if the game still makes me angry I'm buying 2k5 for .99 cents tomorrow, no joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, its just a one season fix, that makes Madden alot more realistic and playable. "True" Franchise fans are stuck.

Chi Dynasty..FYI . I'm already back to NFL2k5, with the 2008 Schedule and Rosters and its awesome.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #43
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

It's funny how so many things can change in the course of one week....LOL

Number one, I'm not going to discount the amount of work that I put into making Madden 09 the best game I possibly could. I spent many hours making these edits so I, as well as many others, could enjoy the game as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I hit the pinnacle of my Madden 09 enjoyment experience on Monday. I played a game where I was the Chiefs against the Pats. It was definitely a one-sided game (as would be expected), but I remember a time where even if I woud lose, I would still have fun. THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!!! I found myself constantly checking the game clock, and waiting for the game to be over. This is when I came to the sad realization that Madden 09 was not going to do it for me. I play a 32 team franchise, which means that I play every game on the NFL schedule. Sadly, I've had more experiences like the Chiefs game, where I find myself looking forward to the game being over than anything else. Even though I was getting realistic stats/results, I still wasn't having that much fun playing it. The things that Madden lacks are atmosphere and presentation. Basically, there's nothing in the game that "PULLS" you in. I couldn't imagine playing a full NFL season like that. It would just be a waste of time IMO. There comes a time where stats (even for the most obsessive people) aren't enough. There has to be something else that keeps you coming back for more. Unfortunately, Madden 09 couldn't provide that for me.

I've already traded in my copy of Madden 09 and I am now back to playing 2K5 with updated rosters on my old "black box". It's definitely a huge adjustment, but the gameplay and presentation on 2K5 simply blows Madden out of the water. I'm working on getting used to the controls and other things, but it is definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the subpar product that we have been receving from EA for the past four years.

I am not in any way a "Madden *****". I have been a loyal fan of the series since I was able to play video game football (back in the Sega Genesis days). However, there comes a point where you have to accept the shortcomings of Madden instead of covering them up because "it looks pretty". I'm hoping that Ian will heed the advice and suggestions that we've given him in order to make Madden the game that we all deserve.

With that being said, I will no longer be making any further roster updates to this game. I do have the last one I did which has the rosters and depth charts (i'd say 90% accurate) as of 10/26. If anybody would like me to post them, I will do so tonight. I'll still troll my thread a little just to see how you guys are feeling about the rosters and if they're working for you. I'll be around to answer any questions if you have them.

If my rosters help you guys enjoy the game, then I can find a little bit of consolation in that.

Cheers, everybody.

Thanks for giving my rosters a shot!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #44
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

itbeme,

i would like to get your latest rosters if you don't mind. and thanks for all the hard work you did to get this game playable, at least. btw, the only reason i haven't returned to 2k5(9) is because I only play FPF mode and the presentation is a dull as madden. once i get bored with madden, (in a few weeks) i will undoubtedly return to 2k.

pete
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #45
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

After the Jets lost to the 49ers yesterday I had the urge to play Madden again. I was so pissed off that I said to myself I know we are better then them.

So anyway, I stopped playing Madden because I felt that the CPU completed everything. It was always for a 5 to 10 yard gain. Very frustrating and I couldn't stop them.

The only time the CPU would throw an incompletion is when one of my linemen would jump up and bat the ball down or when they threw an int.

So I came back to the drawing board (OS Board) to find out some ways to stop the maddness. Low and behold I find this thread.

If anyone that is still enjoying the game but, wishes the cpu would throw some incompletions try these edits out. I did the Buc and Panthers last night before bed and I was very pleased. Garcia was 19 - 32 for 213, 2 TD, 1 INT and 4 sacks. I did what the OP said to do but, I took it one step further.

I turned the ELU, BCV, Spin Move, Stiff arm down to 0. This made the Garcia more of a pocket QB but, when it was time for him to scramble he did. One play inparticular, it was 3 and 9 from there 40 and he dropped back and had a open filled to his right. I had a blitz coming from to his left. Before the edits everyone knew what was about to happen. He would take a couple steps to his right and then do the spin off one foot and throw back across his body. That didn't happen. He stepped to the right and took off to get the first down.

It may have been my mind playing tricks on me but, I never saw this happen before. Usually when the CPU does run it's up the middle. Like I said, it may be because I was seeing things. I am going to do more edits to see what happens. I haven't done a sim to see how stats looks because I could care less. As long as a team is winning that's all that matters. What happens on the field is my main concern. Anyway, if anyone cares I'll check back later today with some results.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »