Home

PS2-MADDEN'10 FOR MADDEN'09 FRANCHISE FILE

This is a discussion on PS2-MADDEN'10 FOR MADDEN'09 FRANCHISE FILE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #57
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PS2-MADDEN'10 FOR MADDEN'09 FRANCHISE FILE

Hey everyone, theres been over a dozen changes made in the last 48 hours. Im thinking that Im going to post weekly or bi-weekly updates until minicamps start. There is very good chance a lot is going to happen over the next months, and I just read that there is a great chance Brett Favre is going to join the Vikings.
Anyway, let me know what you all think of the weekly update idea....
Old 05-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
are you talking my draft class or your own??
Yours. The overall ratings are great, but there are huge problems with the individual attributes. You did such a good job with everything else that I just assumed it's simply impossible to get the right players to export from NCAA without having the attributes come out like a Madden-generated class. The dozen strongest corners in the game are all rookies, the tackles all have 96-99 ACC, the rush linebackers are all LT on crack, etc.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #59
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aten
Yours. The overall ratings are great, but there are huge problems with the individual attributes. You did such a good job with everything else that I just assumed it's simply impossible to get the right players to export from NCAA without having the attributes come out like a Madden-generated class. The dozen strongest corners in the game are all rookies, the tackles all have 96-99 ACC, the rush linebackers are all LT on crack, etc.
actually ATEN, i did extensive research on every rookie, and edited thier attributes based on their combine and proday workouts. im sure some may a little high or low, but you only have so much control over that.
the class i decided to use was the best one i had OUT OF FOURTEEN CLASSES

an to be specific, vontae davis is very strong, check his bench reps, and a lot of the offensive tackles this year were extremely athletic so that caused some of their attributes (spd,acc,etc.) to go up
now as far as 3-4 rushend LB's, those guys wont and shouldnt have a high tackling attribute, because they played 4-3 End in college, so initially they will be used as situational pass blitzers (brandon williams, cody brown, robert ayers, david veikune, and on and on) and some of the players in this years class broke the bench press reps record, in fact i think it was broken three times.
Check D-Lineman Will Johnson (undrafted but recently signed with Ravens) and Kevin Ellison (broke Adam Archuletas record), Louis Vazquez and OLB/DE Brandon Long.
Players in general are getting bigger, stronger, and faster and their attributes are going to be higher so you have lower things like awareness and tackling to compensate otherwise they'd be way too high.
Another thing, i will admit in my class I thought Aaron Curry was for sure going to be drafted by the chiefs and i had him as a MLB rated 84OVR, but he went to seattle to play OLB and now hes a 92OVR, so i know hes high, and i also know that Knowshon Moreno is a little high.....and a couple others,
but like i said, this was the best most accurate class i could create and chose this one out the many that i spent time making.
I do appreciate your feedback bro.
Hope you enjoy
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
actually ATEN, i did extensive research on every rookie, and edited thier attributes based on their combine and proday workouts. im sure some may a little high or low, but you only have so much control over that.
the class i decided to use was the best one i had OUT OF FOURTEEN CLASSES

an to be specific, vontae davis is very strong, check his bench reps, and a lot of the offensive tackles this year were extremely athletic so that caused some of their attributes (spd,acc,etc.) to go up
now as far as 3-4 rushend LB's, those guys wont and shouldnt have a high tackling attribute, because they played 4-3 End in college, so initially they will be used as situational pass blitzers (brandon williams, cody brown, robert ayers, david veikune, and on and on) and some of the players in this years class broke the bench press reps record, in fact i think it was broken three times.
Check D-Lineman Will Johnson (undrafted but recently signed with Ravens) and Kevin Ellison (broke Adam Archuletas record), Louis Vazquez and OLB/DE Brandon Long.
Players in general are getting bigger, stronger, and faster and their attributes are going to be higher so you have lower things like awareness and tackling to compensate otherwise they'd be way too high.
Another thing, i will admit in my class I thought Aaron Curry was for sure going to be drafted by the chiefs and i had him as a MLB rated 84OVR, but he went to seattle to play OLB and now hes a 92OVR, so i know hes high, and i also know that Knowshon Moreno is a little high.....and a couple others,
but like i said, this was the best most accurate class i could create and chose this one out the many that i spent time making.
I do appreciate your feedback bro.
Hope you enjoy
Got it. You could have been a bit more clear that the point of this was fapping to the rookies as opposed to actually playing a franchise.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dani, can you make this a roster file? If not thats ok, keep up the great work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #62
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aten
Got it. You could have been a bit more clear that the point of this was fapping to the rookies as opposed to actually playing a franchise.
can you please elaborate?
i do not understand this comment
Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #63
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtree71
Dani, can you make this a roster file? If not thats ok, keep up the great work!
no sorry, i cannot make it a roster file, but you can export each team if you want
Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #64
Rookie

egj1976's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
what system?
keep in mind this is a ps2-madden file, which you can play on your ps3 with the 'ps2' version of madden09
hmmm im using a ps3 and play the ps2 version. I wonder why it's not showing up. I dont need to convert it with max or anything just use the tool in the ps3 right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »