Home

Come on EA, really?

This is a discussion on Come on EA, really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Come on EA, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Marshall and Owens are not stronger than most linebackers. But in Madden, they are. Why? Brandon Marshall is not better at "trucking" defenders than Matt Forte. But in Madden, he is. Why?
What do you base any of that on?

Most NFL defenses have adopted speed, over size. And even then, size doesn't absolutely equate to strength.

So you have a situation where the majority of LB's are not much bigger than safety's now. And DE's are not much bigger than LB's, and DT's are not much bigger than DE's...

Your team, the Bears, has hopped on that wagon under Lovie. And that is why, for as long as he been here, special teams have been so good. Special teams is 1/3 of the game, and speed allows you to be int he top three for the last 6 years. They are also able to gang tackle better than anyone, and they get points on turnovers. These guys are taught to peruse the ball, not the ball carrier.

It is the new NFL, that began in the late 90's.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 08-25-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

I believe the Bears homer has been severely owned in this thread.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I would say the the op has a strong affinity for Matt Forte.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

I thought this thread was dead with my point made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
SO I guess guys like Jon Beason (6'0 235), Thomas Davis (6' 230), Julian Peterson (6'3" 235), Ernie Sims (6' 230), Will Witherspoon (6'1" 230), Michael Boley (6'3" 220), Mike Peterson (6'1" 230), Bart Scott (6'2" 235), Jonathan Vilma (6'1" 230), Keith Bulluck (6'3" 235) get killed in the trenches huh?? Come on man get real. As you can see there are plenty of guys who play LB at that size and do damn well on the field. Certainly none of those guys I just listed are getting killed in the trenches. They are making plays all of the time.
With Marshall's build? No, sorry. Much too lanky for a linebacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
LOL 6'4 235 is almost ideal size for a linebacker at any level.

Also, Madden has a edit players section...use it and stop crying about a single point in trucking
Maybe if you could read I'd provide you with a longer response. Another one of these "make the game yourself" fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
What do you base any of that on?

Most NFL defenses have adopted speed, over size. And even then, size doesn't absolutely equate to strength.

So you have a situation where the majority of LB's are not much bigger than safety's now. And DE's are not much bigger than LB's, and DT's are not much bigger than DE's...

Your team, the Bears, has hopped on that wagon under Lovie. And that is why, for as long as he been here, special teams have been so good. Special teams is 1/3 of the game, and speed allows you to be int he top three for the last 6 years. They are also able to gang tackle better than anyone, and they get points on turnovers. These guys are taught to peruse the ball, not the ball carrier.

It is the new NFL, that began in the late 90's.
That has nothing to do with anything! Try to read next time, then post based on what you read, not what you want to say to a Bears fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I believe the Bears homer has been severely owned in this thread.
The majority is not always right. I didn't say Matt Forte's ratings should go up. Brandon Marshall's should go down.

But when you have something to contribute, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
I would say the the op has a strong affinity for Matt Forte.
Again, I don't think Matt Forte's ratings should go up. He was just an example. I'm trying to state a problem I have with EA's ratings. Marshall is a great receiver, but if he were that good at breaking tackles, he'd be the starting RB for the Denver Broncos right now.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...

Last edited by mKoz26; 08-26-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
SO I guess guys like Jon Beason (6'0 235), Thomas Davis (6' 230), Julian Peterson (6'3" 235), Ernie Sims (6' 230), Will Witherspoon (6'1" 230), Michael Boley (6'3" 220), Mike Peterson (6'1" 230), Bart Scott (6'2" 235), Jonathan Vilma (6'1" 230), Keith Bulluck (6'3" 235) get killed in the trenches huh?? Come on man get real. As you can see there are plenty of guys who play LB at that size and do damn well on the field. Certainly none of those guys I just listed are getting killed in the trenches. They are making plays all of the time.
BTW, nice dodge on the other part. Can I get a response on that part?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

CLAM YOUR NU**S. WTF. IF you would listen to what someone already said. I am almost positive one of the devs said that ratings also go by position. Take Marshall and make him a lb and in a franchise and see what happens. See if that strength helps him amke a tackle . It won't. Now if you can put him at LB and he is a beast than there is a problem
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #23
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
CLAM YOUR NU**S. WTF. IF you would listen to what someone already said. I am almost positive one of the devs said that ratings also go by position. Take Marshall and make him a lb and in a franchise and see what happens. See if that strength helps him amke a tackle . It won't. Now if you can put him at LB and he is a beast than there is a problem
Ratings do not go by position. That is the truth. You aren't making any sense here.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
With Marshall's build? No, sorry. Much too lanky for a linebacker.
Oh man you are killing me. First you say good luck with a player that is 6'4" 235 playing LB cause he will get killed in the trenches. So to counter that I gave you multiple players who have had very good to great succes at the LB position that are the same size and smaller than Marshall. No you want to try and give me some not if they have Marshall's build crap. 6'4" 235 is 6'4" 235. Doesn't matter if the name on the jersey is Bulluck or Marshall. Who by the way are the same size.

But since you seem to think you are some expert on how big this guy is or his lack of size I will let somebody who actually plays against the man speak on that part in the next part of my response.

Quote:
BTW, nice dodge on the other part. Can I get a response on that part?
No there was no dodge of anything. I just didn't feel like keeping proving you wrong and tell you where you are mistaken. BUT since you asked for it here goes. First of all three is game far from a good sample size to judge a player on. Especially if they where at the start of the season and he was coming off hip surgery. Secondly if you read any scouting report on Marshall the FIRST thing you will see is about how big he is, his great strenth, and punishing defenders. I don't see how you think you are the know all source of this man's ability.

I nor the people I said mentioned anything about him wanting to hit people. What was said is that he DOES hit people and that's what he is going to do. They said he is the hardest man to bring down. No you don't give elusiveness for that. Elusiveness if for dodging people and making people miss not pushing them on the ground. Being that hardest to bring down means once the defender actually has his hands on you. But since you don't want to believe me or anybody else why don't you see what people who actually play against him and have seen him up close and personal have to say.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...tread7/seifert

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11640776

But I guess those guys who actually play in the NFL don't know what they are talking about either

Last edited by PrettyT11; 08-26-2009 at 11:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »