Home

Come on EA, really?

This is a discussion on Come on EA, really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Come on EA, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
If these guys were that good at breaking tackles they'd be starting RBs.
This gets at the heart of the whole thread I think. You don't find Marshall or Boldin deserving of their rating because they have an
"RBlike" rating in one of their columns and yet they aren't RBs. But really that is like saying that Seneca Wallace and Brian Westbrook shouldn't have their CTH and RTE ratings where they are because that makes them better than some legit wideouts. Or WR Brad Smith with his Leinartlike Arm or Flaccolike accuracy.

Players can and do excel in areas typically reserved for other players traditionally. Devin Hester is playing WR now, Hines Ward can hit like a safety when he gets the chance, and a basketball player like Antonio Gates can convert to playing TE in football.

I think one of the biggest problems is comparing all of this to Forte. I know he is the back most familiar to you and you naturally went to check his stats for comparison, but there are 40+ HBacks that truck better than him. Which means there are about 40+ Hbacks that truck better than Marshall. There are only 32 teams in the NFL...

Is it that unreasonable to think that someone outside the running back or TE position should have a high truck rating?

Anyhow, the argument had pretty much been made before I got here, but I found the thread interesting and amusing enough to throw my 12 cents in. If the enormous amount of evidence posted by numerous contributors contrary to your position isn't enough to settle this for you, (nobody really came to your defense - I DID read the entire thread) nothing will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #66
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
All of those posts were following one of two things:
1. Lack of comprehension (people do not read well, like I said, I don't like repeating myself).
2. Person says something completely random, or rehashes on something with no proof. (see: ratings are position based, lol)
This thread is a rehash of a guy with no proof and no source what so ever, that it is'nt position based.

Who ever tries to prove the OP wrong(about 98%) of the thread, he just rehashes with his jerk statements, this doesn't work, blah blah Matt Forte can do this better etc....

Be a NFL fan first and then have a favorite team, because your still clearly not capable of what some of these NFL players can do.

Now I'm officially done with this Chicago Bear fan well Matt Forte groupie.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #67
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homecourt
I wasn't really planning on bringing it up, but since you did why not =).

Forte carried the ball 316 and caught another 63 = 379 touches.

Marshall caught 226 passes and carried the ball 9 times = 235 touches...in 3 years.

So much for sample size.

And how did the argument turn into Forte's ability to get into the secondary? Couldn't he have run over any LB that he came across as well? He just isn't that type of back.
I countered this argument before you even decided to bring it up .

Like I said, if Forte and Marshall had the same amount of trucks (which we kind of determined), it is more impressive for Forte considering he only gets to the secondary on approximately one of every ten touches (I'm being a bit generous here). Marshall goes against a small, generally weak corner every time he catches the ball. I'd say about 50% of his catches allow for open space and a chance to make a move.

So sample size is a legitimate argument.

And BTW, I appreciate the maturity in these last few posts. I ignored cam, so I can't see what he's saying, but I'll respond to all mature posts.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will give you points for not having ducked away from your argument. But I am also deducting points for not knowing when to quit, while you were behind.

Bud, to put it simply, you are wrong. You haven't figured out, or have a better understanding than the other people here, who have contributed to making this a 7 page thread.

Everyone loves a train wreck...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ernie Sims and Jonathon Vilma do have trouble in the trenches... So do alot of smaller linebackers. Fail.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 11

This thread makes me think of the past. Guys like Dexter Coakley and Dat Nguyen who were undersized but played at an All-Pro level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »