Home

created players

This is a discussion on created players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
created players

I just tried creating a few players QB Mike Reilly on the Steelers and QB Chase Daniel on the Redskins and neither of them showed up on the roster after i created them. I actually made Mike Reilly twice and he didnt appear. Anyone know whats going on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: created players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdude_62888
I just tried creating a few players QB Mike Reilly on the Steelers and QB Chase Daniel on the Redskins and neither of them showed up on the roster after i created them. I actually made Mike Reilly twice and he didnt appear. Anyone know whats going on?
Someone else stated this same thing. However, I think the players that disappeared were after 11 players were created(CAPS). I have yet to use the create-a-player feature to test it out. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

For reasons that escape every sense of logic, you're only allowed to create eleven players. Go figure. It's just an attempt to force you to buy Madden 11.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

yes, this is really frustrating. I have almost just as much fun creating my own authentic rosters from scratch as I do playing the game. I didn't know there was a CAP limit, and after hours or editing/creating players that weren't in the game, I realized players weren't showing up. There goes my whole project. I started with the Bears going alphabetically getting each teams roster prefect, and less than half way through I realized I can't create anymore players. Not only does this blow ***, BUT there is nothing stating the players can't be created anymore, you just have to find out after you create someone that hes not going to show up on the roster. This is absolute garbage, as the new age of hard drives should allow for as many CAPs as we want.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

oh, and forget to mention that there's no way to delete created players. So, once you reach the cap, no more creating, period. Unless someone has a way around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Surely a patch can fix this CAP issue. If not, then this is pretty sorry on EA's part. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

That's just it, Tony--they're not likely to patch it. This was intentional. It's a means to an end for EA and that's to ensure that, come next fall, you'll be throwing down sixty bucks to pick up Madden 11. If it weren't for the asinine CaP limit, a dedicated crew of people would just create all of the new players themselves.

I fear that complaining to EA will solve nothing in a problem that they're directly responsible for making. I don't have a *huge* problem with a limit on created players, but....eleven...? Seriously?! That number doesn't even make logical sense to begin with (why not ten? or twelve?). Moreover, it's so repressive that the CaP system might as well not even be in the game. Unbelievably frustrating.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseronkath
That's just it, Tony--they're not likely to patch it. This was intentional. It's a means to an end for EA and that's to ensure that, come next fall, you'll be throwing down sixty bucks to pick up Madden 11. If it weren't for the asinine CaP limit, a dedicated crew of people would just create all of the new players themselves.

I fear that complaining to EA will solve nothing in a problem that they're directly responsible for making. I don't have a *huge* problem with a limit on created players, but....eleven...? Seriously?! That number doesn't even make logical sense to begin with (why not ten? or twelve?). Moreover, it's so repressive that the CaP system might as well not even be in the game. Unbelievably frustrating.
I agree! 11 is an odd number to pick. They probably didn't put much effort into this feature. They might as well not have even put CAPS in the darn game for 11 darn players. How could the PS2 version have 40+ but next gen have this low of a number? What kind of drugs are they on here?

I wonder if they even know it's 11? I say this because 11 is a stupid number & things don't get tested properly with lots of sports games anyhow. This is so lame & crazy for a game in the year of 2009. Geez!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »