Home

So when does the 53 man roster patch come out?

This is a discussion on So when does the 53 man roster patch come out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So when does the 53 man roster patch come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
madden needs to have rosters just like in the real nfl if they want their "in the game" slogan to hold water:

- make the preseason actually mean something. cut downs, and make the real-to-life with regard to actual NFL dates. but also make it a bit challenging - have some kind of rating where cutting a guy does leave some question marks because he may have "potential" (you could use red, yellow, or green - some kind of system to show who might be a better fit for your coaching style or needs).

- have an actual cut down time to get to the 53 man rosters.

- add the practice squads, and just like in real life, make it so other teams can sign your practice squad players to their 53 man rosters, giving you the option of doing so for your roster or losing them.

- remove the limitations on the positions - as long as the starters are filled, with the minimal amount of backups, that should work fine.

- and finally, make us come up with an active game-day roster, just like in the real nfl, where certain guys will not be activated.

if they need more space on the disc (i don't know coding or how that works) then remove the mini games (which are getting old) and take the hall of fame players out (as they're not really needed).

but EA should be embarrassed for falsifying their product...it's most definitely NOT in the game.
This is the best idea i have heard so far..EA should read this..this can work

Last edited by kingwes; 09-07-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: missed a word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #42
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince
It's best to wait until Thursday with all of the roster movement upcoming. The waiver wire is still being dug into.
As a Lions fan I'm pretty unhappy with the ratings of the 2 CB's they picked up off waivers :P... The only good player they got as far as Madden raitings goes is Figurs, a horrible WR but has very good returner stats, something the Lions really needed.

The other player they picked up from the Bills is not even in Madden yet :P
Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
not a chance of happening could you imagine the work and logic they would have to use for franchise mode with CPU teams with practice squads?
I don't see why it would be so hard. It's only eight additional players; it's 6 with madden because the roster limit is 55 players, instead of 53. So much for everything that's seen on sundays(just kidding, I can't put the game down).

For practical purposes, in the game, the practice sqaud isn't all that different than the FA pool. Any team can sign any player that is currently on one of the practices squads in the NFL onto their active roster. So in essence, all Josh Looman would have to do is allow the users to simply designate a player in the FA pool as one of our eight or should I say six practice squad players in the FA pool. Players designated as practice squad players could be signed by any team.

Obviously players in the FA pool that are designated as practice squad players would be more likely to progress than a free agent that's on the street.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
As a Lions fan I'm pretty unhappy with the ratings of the 2 CB's they picked up off waivers :P... The only good player they got as far as Madden raitings goes is Figurs, a horrible WR but has very good returner stats, something the Lions really needed.

The other player they picked up from the Bills is not even in Madden yet :P
They were picked up off waivers, of course their ratings are going to suck, they were cut. The only way these players are going to have better ratings is through roster updates, and that's assuming that they produce on the field. Only first round picks get love in the ratings department.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #45
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
madden needs to have rosters just like in the real nfl if they want their "in the game" slogan to hold water:

- make the preseason actually mean something. cut downs, and make the real-to-life with regard to actual NFL dates. but also make it a bit challenging - have some kind of rating where cutting a guy does leave some question marks because he may have "potential" (you could use red, yellow, or green - some kind of system to show who might be a better fit for your coaching style or needs).

- add the practice squads, and just like in real life, make it so other teams can sign your practice squad players to their 53 man rosters, giving you the option of doing so for your roster or losing them.

- remove the limitations on the positions - as long as the starters are filled, with the minimal amount of backups, that should work fine.

- and finally, make us come up with an active game-day roster, just like in the real nfl, where certain guys will not be activated.

if they need more space on the disc (i don't know coding or how that works) then remove the mini games (which are getting old) and take the hall of fame players out (as they're not really needed).

but EA should be embarrassed for falsifying their product...it's most definitely NOT in the game.
Your the man, I couldn't agree with you more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

you are a dreamer! great idea though. i dream of a great nfl game one day. guess i'm a dreamer too!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
They were released on waivers yes. But when they are signed back to the PS they are no free agents that can be signed by another team, but they do practice every week with the normal team and can be called up from that to the full team or any one elses team. But the thing is you are not going to know how well those other players are doing on other teams as well as the ones on your own PS.

There is also a rule on who can be signed to a PS. You can't sign a 10 year vet to a PS for instance, there is an egibility requirement. See Rules here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

So they should get some progression with from that in my opinion though maybe a 1/3 of the normal. I mean how else are you going to develope this lower draft picks that a lot of times don't make it on the rosters of teams right at the start of seasons.
That is not true. Biren Ealy, a Tennessee Titans PS player last season, was signed off the PS to the New Orleans Saints
Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
if so, then i wouldn't call myself a "huge" fan (unless you happen to weigh over 300 pounds). i'm a huge steelers fan and i could name you the entire roster from opening day of camp...
I'm about 205 lbs...and I AM a huge fan. You knowing the practice squad just makes you a roster guy - not more of a fan.

Please stop with the "if it's in the game, ,..." complaint. It's a video game for goodness sake - it's not meant to nor will it EVER have every friggin single aspect of the real sport. I understand the practicality of practice squads in real life - but for a video game it's irrelevant. This isn't baseball were minor leagues are pivotal in the development of players. Would it be "nice"..sure! But on the list of "must haves" for Madden 11 this has got to be towards the bottom of the list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »