Home

No Michael Crabtree?

This is a discussion on No Michael Crabtree? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #33
Rookie

jgofett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No Michael Crabtree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
Why do you all assume its his doing?..He has an agent, his agent may be the one in his ear telling him he deserves more money. From my understanding, he's dying to play, but being wrongly advised by those around him.

According to ESPN anyway.

Have heard his cousin is a big part of that problem.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
Rookie

jgofett's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkadelphia
Tks. I feel bad though. I liked the idea of putting him back in the draft by OSer earlier in thread(great idea-tks-sorry did not look up and give credit) so I remade him and placed on texas tech. I had to restart first yr in ncaa but that was only 3 games. no biggie.
Crabtree if he is receiving anything is only a royalty check from the union. Because he would not receive an game check until he agrees to terms with SF.
Tks again for the help.
yer welcome, worked great for me, he still goes by round 2 usually.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Why do you all assume its his doing?..He has an agent, his agent may be the one in his ear telling him he deserves more money. From my understanding, he's dying to play, but being wrongly advised by those around him.

Because that is a cop out. The agent works for Crabtree. If he is dying to play, he would tell his agent to accept the deal. The only reason he SHOULDN'T sign is if the 49ers aren't offering him the right amount of money, but I'm sure they are. He just wants to get more money than DHB because he was supposed to be drafted ahead of him.

Michael Crabtree is a bum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: silly raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggs99
I have no clue how much the 49ers offered him, but I'm sure it was WAY more than the league minimum. Why doesn't he just sign, play and do awesome them try for a trade?
Because he'd have to play under that contract, and he thinks (evidently) it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggs99
How is sitting out an entire year, not playing NCAA at texas tech, helping him? He isn't getting the exposure by playing for the 49ers or the red raiders so how is he helping his cause to get more money? How is he worth more all of a sudden?
I guess he thinks he'll compare well with the next crop of kid WR that will be out next season, be drafted where he "should be" and make the money that way.

I don't know why any team would draft him now, though, especially not in the first half of the draft.

And I agree with the poster that said rookies should be under contract straight from the draft. I never understood why leagues require teams to sign players to play, but they "own" the rights to the said player. It's seems like an unnecessary complication.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #37
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Because it is his doing. When it all boils down to it he is in charge of the whole situation. The angent works for him and the contract is for him to play not anybody else. The advice he is getting is down right horrible. Everybody knows in the NFL your contract is barely worth the paper it is written on outside of the gauranteed money. If he signed this deal no matter what it was and he went out and produced like a pro bowl player they will rip it up and give him a new deal.

Roddy White is the perfect example for him to follow. Roddy was a mid first round pick and pretty much played like crap his first two years. Then he goes out and have two good years with last year being a pro bowl year and they ripped up his rookie contract and gave him a brand new deal for around 8 mil a season. Hell Fitzgerald has had his contract done over twice. If you are a WR and you get the job done you will get paid regardless of what your original deal was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »