Home

Old 09-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: David Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
I like that little jab...
Heres the reality. Everyone wants the players on their team rated higher. So that leads to pointless threads saying that this player and that player needs a boost. I'm not saying that Harris isn't good im saying that in 3 games he hasn't done enough to deserve a rating higher than what he has. When this Madden came out it was said that 70's was the old 80's and so on but so much complaining has made the new rating system useless. If we go by old Madden then Harris would be rated an 89 (or 95 if wrightnreyes got his way). The point of the new rating system was to bring the ratings down and separate the greats from the rest but with all complaining about ratings by years end if everyone gets their way we will have 100+ players rated 95 and over. Im not a Jets ***** or anything like that im just talking in general about the rating complaints and Devin Harris is just the newest complaint that i stumbled across.
I took that jab because you really are naive for comparing tackles to the complete package. I'm not trying to be mean, but I just answered your question and suddenly you have backpedaled into stating your opinion again which isn't what this topic is about. It's about everyone's thoughts, not just yours. You are free to comment but thus far you'd rather try to destroy this topic instead of contribute to it.

If you think it's pointless, move along? What's so hard about that?

Also, I understand the way the ratings system works, but plenty of guys like Ernie Sims retained their ratings.

The original poster even apologized for making a topic like this, but he felt it was a strong enough argument and it looks like plenty of non-Jet fans agreed. Our quarrel has really gone on too long, though. I thought it was pretty obvious this wasn't a total homer topic, but I understand the frustration if the forum were cluttered with these topics about any random player.

Harris is a prime candidate for a boost, so people were merely wondering what would be raised as it's true he's not a super athlete or anything, but his performance in the opinion of many has been outstanding for a 3-4 MLB. On that note I'll leave it up to others to continue the discussion.

Last edited by KamikazeBlaize; 09-28-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
I took that jab because you really are naive for comparing tackles to the complete package. I'm not trying to be mean, but I just answered your question and suddenly you have backpedaled into stating your opinion again which isn't what this topic is about. It's about everyone's thoughts, not just yours. You are free to comment but thus far you'd rather try to destroy this topic instead of contribute to it.

If you think it's pointless, move along? What's so hard about that?

Also, I understand the way the ratings system works, but plenty of guys like Ernie Sims retained their ratings.

The original poster even apologized for making a topic like this, but he felt it was a strong enough argument and it looks like plenty of non-Jet fans agreed.
Alright im gonna make my last comment and move along.

1. They keep stats to show production. For Linebackers Tackles say you are making plays. When you are tied 41st in the league in tackles that doesn't mean you are elite. Yes he does have 2 sacks and 1 interception but Akeem Jordan (who? look him up) has 18 tackles 1 sack and 2 ints. Stats are comparable. Yes Harris is a good LB but he was injured last season and he doesn't deserve a rating boost after just 3 games (at least not more than 2 or 3 points).

2. You didn't answer my question. You threw out the Odom argument. Odom has done more this season to deserve a huge boost (5 sacks in 1 game) rather than Harris' porous stats. Odom's 7 sacks is leading the league and hes making an impact on his defense rather than just playing a role like Harris.

3. You say non-Jets fans agree? Theres 4 total post besides our discussion and one says " Jets fans are never please......."
and another says " What could you raise w/o making him unrealistic?" and Argooos made a simular comment to the ones im making. So no the only one that agrees (you said your not asking for a boost) is wrightnreyes.

4. I have just been stating the fact that if everyone gets huge rating boost based on sub par performances we will have the ratings as messed up on 10 as they have been on the past.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Curious that the only people that want boost to their players are jets fans.........smh
Old 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just wanted to reiterate one point a bit clearer:

The leading NFL tackler is almost always on a mediocre to bad team...they get more opportunities to make plays because their offense stinks and they (as a unit) aren't that great either.

Very few exceptions to that rule.

I have also seen this David Harris argument on other forums (since the preseason not just now), but that's my fault for not specifying earlier.

Last edited by KamikazeBlaize; 09-28-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
Just wanted to reiterate one point a bit clearer:

The leading NFL tackler is almost always on a mediocre to bad team...they get more opportunities to make plays because their offense stinks and they (as a unit) aren't that great either.

Very few exceptions to that rule.

I have also seen this David Harris argument on other forums (since the preseason not just now), but that's my fault for not specifying earlier.
Wow, lots of conjecture/discussion

Very true, whereas tackles are an absolute measurable stat, if the opposition have short drives, often going 3 and out, then the team leader(s) aren't going to have as many tackles, as someone on a team who is contantly on the field.

Also, 4-3 teams that have a middle LB who plays the middle in Nickle and Dime D's, is going to have a lot more tackles than one of the two 3-4 LB's who isn't necessarily on the field in nickle and dime Ds..

Apologies for starting the topic again, but at least it's led to some discussion, without anyone resorting to outright trolling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

It is not a true statement for someone to say that EVERY fan wants their team rated higher. I am a diehard Raiders fan and I dont think a single player on that team needs to be rated any higher. Now as for the discussion about David Harris. I hate the Jets sorry Jets fans I dont know why but I do. Having said that David Harris is a very good MLB and he definantly needs a boost from 79 to at least 84-85.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #23
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

Harris is a stud....84-87.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

it's not so much that Harris should be getting boosted because of his play in 3 games but he has been way underrated in this game. He started off a 74? HAHA! He's more like an 87 overall. He is an elite LB. Donny Moore just doesn't know.

He also rates Darren Sproles an 85 and Leon Washington an 80 when Leon Washington is the better player. That makes no sense.

The whole rating system is messed up. To ask one person to do it is not fair. Not even the most die hard NFL fan could possibly know about every teams players. I'm not just talking 2nd and 3rd stringers I'm talking starters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »