Home

Old 09-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: David Harris

does everyone not realize that the numbers are really based on last season... and if you think harris had a good season last year you might want to go re-check that because he didn't.

played 11 games 75 tackles 1 pick 3 deflections.

trust me i know he is good i gave him a boost before i started my franchise.

he will get an upgrade the next roster update also...

why does everyone one go "he has been playing great the last 3 games he should go up 10 points!"

if you want a week to week update than fine but i doubt you would be ok if next week he has 2 tackles and EA lowers his rating also.

you can't have both... EA try's to find a fair grade for every player and leave it at that and bump up if they are playing way better than anyone else at that position.

i agree harris should be like 82-85 range but nothing more than that.

i heard some guy screaming before last night that romo needed an upgrade after what he did against the giants... some people are just biased and thats fine. but EA is just trying to be fair, people will be overrated and underrated all year long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemike1644
does everyone not realize that the numbers are really based on last season... and if you think harris had a good season last year you might want to go re-check that because he didn't.

why does everyone one go "he has been playing great the last 3 games he should go up 10 points!"

if you want a week to week update than fine but i doubt you would be ok if next week he has 2 tackles and EA lowers his rating also.

you can't have both... EA try's to find a fair grade for every player and leave it at that and bump up if they are playing way better than anyone else at that position.

i heard some guy screaming before last night that romo needed an upgrade after what he did against the giants... some people are just biased and thats fine. but EA is just trying to be fair, people will be overrated and underrated all year long.
You really shouldn't make such a long post labeling everyone as the one or two guys that clamor for him to be a high 80-low to mid 90 player.

The basic consensus here is that yes he's going to go up but the OP's question was looking for thoughts on how much, which quickly became "which categories", then rapidly regressed to "if he goes up then everyone should go up."

Also, if anyone noticed what Donny said last night, anyone that doesn't produce WILL go down, and guys that perform at a high level will go up...doesn't matter who, they just will. That explains the Odom boost, and the likely Flacco/Harris/Benson boosts we'll be seeing as long as they keep up how they've been playing.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemike1644

if it's based on last seasons stats then look at Leon Washington vs Darren Sproles for last year. Leon Washington is better in EVERYTHING! He also made the pro bowl as a kick returner.

So explain again how Sproles is an 85 yet Leon is an 80. It makes ZERO sense.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:02 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
if it's based on last seasons stats then look at Leon Washington vs Darren Sproles for last year. Leon Washington is better in EVERYTHING! He also made the pro bowl as a kick returner.

So explain again how Sproles is an 85 yet Leon is an 80. It makes ZERO sense.
How about, "because San Diego were on national TV more"?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think some of you guys have forgotten the #1 rule of ratings in Madden.

Popularity over production...

Last edited by Poetique; 09-30-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
I think some of you guys have forgotten the #1 rule of ratings in Madden.

Popularity over production...
This. How else could LT still be rated a 92?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Harris should go up it should not even be a discussion.

I think Tomlinson should go down to 85 with Sproles.

Thomas Jones should get a decrease sadly. I believe he has hit the RB wall this year.

Hoping for Harris, Douglas, Cotch, Brick, Sanchez, Keller, Leonhard, Smith increases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv15x
Harris should go up it should not even be a discussion.

I think Tomlinson should go down to 85 with Sproles.

Thomas Jones should get a decrease sadly. I believe he has hit the RB wall this year.

Hoping for Harris, Douglas, Cotch, Brick, Sanchez, Keller, Leonhard, Smith increases.
Don't get carried away now, it seems like he'll update 4 or 5 players at most on a single team and most of the time it's 1-3 points with a few exceptions.

Harris is now an 83, which seems fair to me. I do not really agree with D'Brick being lower than several rookie or 2nd year tackles/guards, but I understand he's not that great at run blocking...so perhaps his general awareness isn't adequate since he was a pro bowl alternate last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »