Home

Help needed: I followed the instructions to update my roster and now I have a glitch

This is a discussion on Help needed: I followed the instructions to update my roster and now I have a glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Help needed: I followed the instructions to update my roster and now I have a glitch

I bought Madden yesterday. I tried it out on practice mode for a while and then started trying to look for updated rosters before I started a franchise mode game. I came over here and followed the instructions provided for DLing rosters for a 360 using a USB and a computer. When I went to play after adding the roster there was a really serious glitch. All of the players fly around the screen, disappearing and reappearing rapidly. I posted on the general message board and guys suggested I take the game back and get a new copy. I did that, but the problem persists. Since the game appeared to be working before I went through the process of DLing the new roster, I am wondering if it is possible that is causing the problem.

NCAA 10 still works fine so the xbox appears to be working fine other than this issue. Any ideas for fixing this would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Help needed: I followed the instructions to update my roster and now I have a gli

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner2847
I bought Madden yesterday. I tried it out on practice mode for a while and then started trying to look for updated rosters before I started a franchise mode game. I came over here and followed the instructions provided for DLing rosters for a 360 using a USB and a computer. When I went to play after adding the roster there was a really serious glitch. All of the players fly around the screen, disappearing and reappearing rapidly. I posted on the general message board and guys suggested I take the game back and get a new copy. I did that, but the problem persists. Since the game appeared to be working before I went through the process of DLing the new roster, I am wondering if it is possible that is causing the problem.

NCAA 10 still works fine so the xbox appears to be working fine other than this issue. Any ideas for fixing this would be much appreciated.

Hay dude not sure what is up i have done this numerous times downloading rosters and such to be honest i have no idea why it would be doing that of all the people that have followed the guide i put up here.

It may be the roster file you donwloaded what file did you download???

Last edited by Skuxx24; 04-19-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Help needed: I followed the instructions to update my roster and now I have a gli

Ok. After an hour on the phone with Xbox, I think the problem is resolved.

I had to delete everything on my xbox's hard drive. It still didnt work until I removed the hard drive and ran the game without the hard drive. Then I put the hard drive back in, cleared the cache, re-dl'd the game update and now the game appears to be working.

I have played xbox for 8 years or so and I have never run into a problem like this before. The roster i downloaded was the "405" roster that Mike201 posted under the Xbox360 roster thread. There must be something in the roster file that caused the problem given that it was working before I put uploaded it and is now working again after I cleared it off the hard drive. It's strange that I would have this problem when apparently it hasn't caused a similar issue for anyone else.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Glad you resolved your issue. I suggest using Jimmy's rosters for now until more come out because he has some great rosters. Personally im waiting for someone to upload a draft class file from NCAA Football 10 so i can intergrate it with my franchise file if i had this i could upload my franchise straight away for everyone use.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
Banned

Apparently the problem is not resolved. It worked for a few plays while I was on the phone with the xbox support people, but now that got a few plays into a game, the glitch has resurfaced. Same exact thing, players flying all over the screen, some laying on the ground, total chaos to put it mildly. I am going to remove the HD and see if I can get through a game without a problem like that. This is really starting to piss me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner2847
Apparently the problem is not resolved. It worked for a few plays while I was on the phone with the xbox support people, but now that got a few plays into a game, the glitch has resurfaced. Same exact thing, players flying all over the screen, some laying on the ground, total chaos to put it mildly. I am going to remove the HD and see if I can get through a game without a problem like that. This is really starting to piss me off.
it looks like to me that it could be one of the patches.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Banned

It appears the problem only occurs when I have a storage device attached. I played through a whole game with no problem with no storage device. It screws up almost immediately with my HD attached. I tried it with a flash drive and it worked for a few plays and then the glitch started up again.

If a patch is the problem, how do I fix that? Also, any idea why it only screws up when I am using a storage device?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »