Home

Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
Hack? Are you FREAKIN' KIDDING ME? We lost to a team in the playoffs that you lost to TWICE in the regular season. Our O-Line fell apart, plain and simple. That can't be blamed on Tony Romo.

Tony Romo was an undrafted free agent QB. What he's done for the Cowboys is absolutely, to put it in Jerry Jones' words, a miracle. He could never win a championship for us, and I'd still have a lot of respect for him.

Let's get some things straight. Rodgers hasn't won a playoff game, so please don't use that excuse.

This is straight from Wikipedia about the first season of Rodger's reign:

"Despite early successes, Rodgers had been unable to win a close game during the season despite SEVEN opportunities to do so."

SEVEN! That's almost half a season of potential wins that he wasn't able to close on.

And when I said he hasn't done anything spectacular, I meant as far as winning. I could care less about regular season stats. That's awesome that he's broken an individual record. My favorite player of all time is Troy Aikman. He was never out to break individual records. He was out to win for the team. If wasn't about individual accomplishments with him, it was about team accomplishments. I'm not saying Rodgers is out there playing for himself. But he obviously hasn't done enough to help his team win. At least Romo (when healthy) has lead his team to the playoffs.

Honestly, what were the real differences in the team that Favre took to the NFC Championship, and the team that Rodgers sat at home with come playoff time the following year? I don't really think there was much of a difference other than QB. And even this year, in my opinion, you're fielding a better team than the one that Favre had. But Rodgers still couldn't get the job against the Vikings, among other teams, especially TAMPA BAY, one of the worst teams in the NFL last season.

I really didn't come on here to bash the Packers, or Rodgers, because I have respect for both. But saying the Packers are ALWAYS underrated is just not true. I think the team ratings this season are probably the best they've been in a while. No team is rated too high, and no team is rated too low. Yea, certain teams might be off a point or two, but that's to be expected.

If you play online, and you're GOOD, you should be able to win with the Packers team with the rating it has now. I've seen people beat the Patriots with the Chiefs online before, so I'm sure you can find a way to win consistently with the Packers.

Everytime I hear this whole explanation of how Rodgers has failed to win close games it just cracks me up. You really have to watch those games and not just look at the final score and assume Rodgers failed to bring them back. Just as it was stated above most of those seven were in result of the Defense giving up big plays late in the game. Take for instance the Panther game. After we took the lead late in the game for some reason our D Cor. Called man coverage with no safety help over the top giving up a huge play to Steve Smith down the seam where Woodson (and i love woodson) just simply mis timed his jump yet all you heard the following week was how Rodgers failed to win the close game.

As far as the packer ratings I dont think they are horrible however for some reason their speed ratings are pretty far off. Take Rodgers speed for example. The guy led the league in rushing yards for QBs yet he is slower than a handful of other QBs. Im not saying just raise his speed up but lower something else to balance out the overall rating. Some people will argue that its based on 40 time but when you look at those so many others such as collins contradict themselves. I mostly play offline and have done my own updates league wide every week. You talk about a fun way to keep up with the league. I looked at ever box score from every game last year not to mention every Green Bay Packer snap at least three times. Dang im already getting fired up for football.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Rodgers threw an amazing pass last year in the final minute to beat the Bears, a strike down the sideline to Greg Jennings, and it wasn't the only close game we won last season. I guess wiki needs to update their ish. Also I remember his 1st season vividly, he brought us back in games many time to then only have the D give it right back, then he would only be left with like 30 seconds on the clock. I also remember him driving down the field only to have us miss a game tieing or game winning FG. So actually watch the games before you pretend to know what you're talking about.

Also while the OL is letting Rodgers get sacked and fumble while getting his head nearly ripped off by some dude yanking on his face mask, Romo is busy fumbling game winning FG snaps. Also, last time I checked the team lost in the playoffs, not Rodgers. Since when did this become baseball? Cowboys fans can enjoy their 1-4 playoff record QB while us Packers fans enjoy 3-4 Super Bowls over the next decade.
I wasn't talking about this past season. I was talking about the season before. I did watch a couple of games that I believe the wiki page is referring to. He had the chance to win games with a fourth quarter comeback, and he couldn't get it done. Yes, this past season, he did a pretty good job. But not enough to justify him being a Top 5 QB in the league in my opinion. Like I said, I have great respect for Rodgers in the way he handled the Favre... "scandal"? But he's just not at the level you're making him out to be.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
Ya but they got good safteys, while the jets dont.
Only one good safety. Not two.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Only one good safety. Not two.
Didnt say 2. My point was revis was the only good db for the jets. woodsen was not.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I really didn't come on here to bash the Packers, or Rodgers
But you did.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
But you did.
I didn't come on here to bash them. I came to say that whining about a team rating isn't going to do anything, but I did because the OP bashed my team and QB. But we're not going to mention that, are we. Only going to mention what I said.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I didn't come on here to bash them. I came to say that whining about a team rating isn't going to do anything, but I did because the OP bashed my team and QB. But we're not going to mention that, are we. Only going to mention what I said.
I promise I dont side with GreenReign. The guy has a conflicting opinion from myself in just about each one of his posts.

But back and forth bashing, eh...find a better way to discuss ratings.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I promise I dont side with GreenReign. The guy has a conflicting opinion from myself in just about each one of his posts.

But back and forth bashing, eh...find a better way to discuss ratings.
Yea. I have nothing against the Packers or Rodgers. I just have a problem with fans that think their team is the best team ever assembled. I'm a rare Cowboys fan in that, I'm not going to rub the Cowboys accomplishments in your face, but if you attack my team, I'll use whatever I can to defend them. :-p

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »