Home

Realistic Roster PS3 (Holdouts, Injuries and Suspensions+some undrafted rookies)

This is a discussion on Realistic Roster PS3 (Holdouts, Injuries and Suspensions+some undrafted rookies) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Realistic Roster PS3 (Holdouts, Injuries and Suspensions+some undrafted rookies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_Dey_91
Yeah thats actually exactly what i did. i noticed a few other things as well. Rey Maualuga lost the MLB job to Dhani Jones, so he went back to LOLB for the team. is there a reason that u released Quan Cosby?? he made the team and is the punt/kick returner. Muckelroy is a MLB, not OLB. Jonathan Fanene is a LE not DT. and then Brandon Johnson is a ROLB, not LOLB. One mistake i noticed with ur changing of positions of players who are hurt (Gibril Wilson at FS for the Bengals) was that when u changed him to RG, u had him as the starter, so my starting RG was a 12 rated player. and then last, i really think Adam Jones should be better rated than what he is. Even Tom Brady mentioned how good their three corners are and said that they're probably the best group of three in the league. these are things that i can fix once downloaded, but i just thought that u might want to make the changes for ur final release to help ur roster be more realistic. thx for any changes u make.
I must have overlooked that one, I was working with the DC I had a the time. The reason Gibril Wilson is a LG is because I needed to put a place holder there (the game only wants 1 LG) I must have overlooked him starting on the DC (when you move a player over to a position, madden annoyingly automaically puts them at #1 on the DC) also Adam Jones is pretty much the one from the game (I may have bumped his rating slightly but he is the one that came with Update #1, I changed his name from Packman. Thanks for that though, obviously there are more things i need to go over when given time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_Dey_91
One last thing. is there a way that you can come out with a version of your roster that would just have all of the players that are switched to other positions because of injury switched back to their original positions?? if not, its not a big deal, it's just that for some teams, i have no idea who played what position before u moved them (Ex. Sergio Kindle for Baltimore). There are some players that would be better at other positions, but that's not the positions they play in real life (putting LB's in at DE), so i'm not exactly sure where to put some of the players. I want all of the players that can play to play when possible, so if you could, i would really appreciate it if after u come out with ur release, if u could release another version with the injured players put back to their normal positions. thx again Bob. love the roster for the most part though so far.
The reason that I switched the positions in the first place is if I just have them in the FA pool someone is probably going to sign them. As far as things go for sergio Kindle, when I have the final version out I will have an updated injury list that details all of their positions. Using my roster for a franchise does make for more work but, if you do it it will also make for more realistic matchups (players who are injured/Suspended and out ARE injured and out). The man reason I have certain guys like that set to punter is, even if I drop them off the DC, they can in some cases still appear on special teams. Very annoying.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #50
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Roster PS3 (Holdouts, Injuries and Suspensions+some undrafted rookies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenailer
I must have overlooked that one, I was working with the DC I had a the time. The reason Gibril Wilson is a LG is because I needed to put a place holder there (the game only wants 1 LG) I must have overlooked him starting on the DC (when you move a player over to a position, madden annoyingly automaically puts them at #1 on the DC) also Adam Jones is pretty much the one from the game (I may have bumped his rating slightly but he is the one that came with Update #1, I changed his name from Packman. Thanks for that though, obviously there are more things i need to go over when given time.

Ok, thats fine about the place holder spot. it just makes it a little harder then to move them back to the safety position without picking up some random player for the line, so that i'm able to move him. I noticed that Adam Jones was pretty much the same as in the game, but i just was wondering if in ur final release, if u could raise his stats up because he is better in my opinion than they have him. back when he was a cowboy, he was an 85. but if not, i can always do it once i download it. thx again man.

Quote:
The reason that I switched the positions in the first place is if I just have them in the FA pool someone is probably going to sign them. As far as things go for sergio Kindle, when I have the final version out I will have an updated injury list that details all of their positions. Using my roster for a franchise does make for more work but, if you do it it will also make for more realistic matchups (players who are injured/Suspended and out ARE injured and out). The man reason I have certain guys like that set to punter is, even if I drop them off the DC, they can in some cases still appear on special teams. Very annoying.
Yeah i noticed that they appear on special teams, thats one thing that i hate about having Gresham as my 4th reciever, which i love to have him there on offense since they have no TE on most shotgun formations. He always appears on the special teams kickoffs and he seems to always get hurt there. I was jw if u could release a version pretending that the players who got injured or who are on holdout aren't. That way, i can start a franchise that would work with how the rosters were before even the preseason started. Like i said though, again it's something that i can always do after i download. i like to do stuff like that. i could always help u with ur final version if u need any help on ur rosters.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Bob. I'm not sure if you updated this but Anthony Armstrong (WR for redskins) isn't on the team. He's there in the second roster update but not your saints-vikings kickoff version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxi8s2k
Hey Bob. I'm not sure if you updated this but Anthony Armstrong (WR for redskins) isn't on the team. He's there in the second roster update but not your saints-vikings kickoff version
that's right the roster is still incomplete. I did not get to the redskins yet to finish them up completely. You will find things like that in the interim release. This game was done just for the Vikings game. I will work hard on finishing up the other teams in time for Sunday.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 AM   #53
Pro

Ok terrible news here. The Vikings lost.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............
But seriously more terrible news, the hard cap is very real for CAPs. I know this first hand because I have hit it tonight while working on the roster. I can't tell you how many CAPs I have made but, the way the roster is now, I can keep making CAPs, they just won't show up on the roster anymore. This makes what I was trying to do an impossibility. I'm not going to be able to add anymore players than I have now . . . . . . It was good while it lasted, I just wish I had of been able to finish.

As far as I know though Dan is still working on his and maybe he can pull it off, I made a lot of free agent CAPs like Jeff George ect that count against the total. I still plan to keep working with Madden 10. I guess I can get back to my 98 roster sooner than planned, I might do something with roster update #3 I haven't decided yet. Well, its time to take a break. I just wish it could have been under better circumstances.

Edit: I am going to do up an updated, WEEK 1 Inactive list. Expect it on the first page soon.

Last edited by bobthenailer; 09-10-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well again for realism purposes I am going to re-release my unfinished roster after making a few tweaks. Again, this is to give you the most realistic representation of the kickoff game of the New Orleans Saints vs the Minnesota Vikings. Earlier today the Saints cut Leigh Torrance (CB) and re-signed Tory Humphrey. This is probably being done to give them some depth at CB since Jimmy Graham may be out or limited due to an ankle injury. I also adjusted the Vikings DC. There is a chance Cedric Griffin may be able to play, and also Toby Gerhart was limited in practice so I put Albert Young ahead of him. I also dropped Marcus Sherels and Logan Payne off the active list. They are on the roster though so if something does happen to activate them, they are there. Stay tuned for the OFFICIAL KICKOFF EDITION of my roster (just had to give it a big flashy name).

I also did some testing with my file. I am really not sure what could be going on with it not loading up right. Best I could say is try using .winrar because that's what I have used everytime. I know other programs like .7zip should be able to do it but so far that's the only difference i can find from the way I did it.
Hi Bobthenailer, I will download the file again and try using .winrar to see if it will work. Will let you know the outcome.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #55
Pro

Well I am going to CAP some guys back into Update #3 and see what I can make happen. First focus is on getting the team rosters right. THEN concentrate on FAs. No timetable on this but we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 01:00 AM   #56
Pro

Just to give you guys another update, I am working on adapting the new EA Update #3 Roster with my CAPs and including guys that are missing. I am doing the same thing with injuries ect. Now that Week 1 is just about over, I am going to be stopping at this point. What I mean by that is, the guys who were injured this week are not going to be included on my list. The reasoning behind this is that I am gearing this roster to start at week 1 so that you can have your own take on the 2010 NFL season from the very beginning (excluding pre-season) I am going to do the same with the inactive list too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »