Home

Draft Class: NCAA vs. Madden?

This is a discussion on Draft Class: NCAA vs. Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Draft Class: NCAA vs. Madden?

Anyone know which draft class is better to use? The one currently in madden or the import from NCAA someone posted a while back.

The reason I ask is because Im about to start my franchise (like everyone else) and before I start I wanna know what you guys think of the prospects using these methods. I want a diverse and well balanced pool to draft from. Good and Bad players. What you think? Should we stick with madden or use the Imports. Thx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Draft Class: NCAA vs. Madden?

Imports still have problems from last year, stats drop randomly and you still lack depth at certain positions, late round gems are almost nonexistent.

Madden's have more variety, but they're not very realistic. You will have see multiple players come into the NFL with CJ speed, 6'8 QB's, 6'10 OL and WR's that are 6'5 with 97 speed etc.

Best solution would be random classes that we could edit, and draft imports that we could edit. Also an EA locker for Madden so we could upload rosters and draft classes like in NCAA.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #3
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6

I would say using the Madden classes. They can be a bit overpowered sometimes. However, there are 1st round busts, late round gems, a bigger variance in things like height which I think makes the game interesting, and for the simplest answer of all: it just plains works way better than going the NCAA import route.

You can use the Madden generated classes spreadsheet if you so desire (there are 30 different classes, it will load a random one at the beginning of the regular season (won't repeat any classes you've had in that franchise though)) to make a concise plan of attack for draft day, or just go at it blind with in-game scouting and hope for the best. Either way it will be better than than the NCAA route, unless you want Locker coming out in the 7th with terrible attributes, and Fullbacks being picked 1# overall or some of the other crazy things being talked about in one of the many threads devoted to the detest of this years imports.

If you really want to have a NCAA feel to your classes, you could do the draft, then edit the names and info of some guys that you feel are similar to a certain NCAA player. For example, I've seen it mentioned that there was a guy that was similar to Terrell Pryor. You could rename him, change the school he is listed as coming from, etc.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Stick with the Madden classes dude. I imported my NCAA class and Locker went in the 6th round but the thing that bugged me the most was the random equipment. O-Linemen with 2 bars and CBs with full facemasks...

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks to everyone that posted. Thats the info I was looking for!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »