Home

Madden NFL 11 Week 3 Roster and Ratings, Complete with Details, Moss 100 Catch Rating

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Week 3 Roster and Ratings, Complete with Details, Moss 100 Catch Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 11 Week 3 Roster and Ratings, Complete with Details, Moss 100 Catch Ra

Think Im going to sound like a Ravens fanboy, but I need to get this off my chest. Donny what going on with the ratings? Why is it Randy Moss makes one big play and gets a increase, was it just because he was against lined up against Darrelle Revis and burnt him?

Why has the Baltimore ravens defence and secondary been negated? The secondary is currently rated second in the NFL at stopping the pass at the moment and have yet to let a team score a touchdown against them. We have held both the Jets and Bengals to only field goals, not bad for a secondary which is banged up with injuries.

Sort it out Donny, the Ravens defence and secondary has played blinding for two games straight and yet you have failed to increase any of Baltimore’s secondary players, but can increase players for making one play?

Think there should be a major review on player ratings and there should be a fair policy for player ratings right across the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #26
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 11 Week 3 Roster and Ratings, Complete with Details, Moss 100 Catch Ra

anyone has an idea how many hours left till roster update
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm only gonna chime in once.... I feel what you guys are saying about certain thing being done and not being done... The Baltimore Ravens should have been increased not decreased off of 1 game where Flacco had a bad game but the secondary played lights out for the second straight game.. Then increase should have canceled out the decrease...I knew Flacco would because an 84 (LOL) but he will play his way back to 87 down the road, we all know that... My point is that we can sit here and complain about something that ain't gonna change unless we change it ourselves.. It's either time for a 'COMMUNITY ROSTER" to be done to eleviate this or be prepared to have this happen every roster update and everybody just deal with it... Complaining ain't gonna change anything...

Mister_Ravens32, you not coming off like a fan boy at all.. as you already know my Baltimore Ravens topic reflects your exact point.. I have completely redone the secondary without the emphasis of them playing like a top ranked secondary.. These increase/decreases need to be done more like every 3 to 5 games because a player can have one bad game then bounce back have 2 or 3 good games right after, then you end up playing "YO YO" with the ratings.. Together we can make these rosters better or together we can complain about obvious points and do nothing...
Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #28
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Mc Dre
I'm only gonna chime in once.... I feel what you guys are saying about certain thing being done and not being done... The Baltimore Ravens should have been increased not decreased off of 1 game where Flacco had a bad game but the secondary played lights out for the second straight game.. Then increase should have canceled out the decrease...I knew Flacco would because an 84 (LOL) but he will play his way back to 87 down the road, we all know that... My point is that we can sit here and complain about something that ain't gonna change unless we change it ourselves.. It's either time for a 'COMMUNITY ROSTER" to be done to eleviate this or be prepared to have this happen every roster update and everybody just deal with it... Complaining ain't gonna change anything...

Mister_Ravens32, you not coming off like a fan boy at all.. as you already know my Baltimore Ravens topic reflects your exact point.. I have completely redone the secondary without the emphasis of them playing like a top ranked secondary.. These increase/decreases need to be done more like every 3 to 5 games because a player can have one bad game then bounce back have 2 or 3 good games right after, then you end up playing "YO YO" with the ratings.. Together we can make these rosters better or together we can complain about obvious points and do nothing...
Just like during the draft, now we do have a say in the ratings. Instead of the captains that have been submitting the ratings updates, we can now vote to increase or decrease player ratings.

An idea that was said on the EA forum to make people register with their gamertags and limit people to 5 increases for their favorite team seems like a good idea to me.

Anyway, here's the link.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/weeklyRatings.action
Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

PEOPLE,PEOPLE,PEOPLE.....Moss got 1 point in 1 specific category. Why is there all this backlash? It's not like Donny all of a sudden increase the entire patriots passing game to 100! It's just a point that will be taken off next week when won't make a spectacular catch in week 3. And as soon as Chris Johnson breaks a 80 yard run, I'm sure his speed will be bumped up 1 point to make 100 also. It's no big deal. 99 to 100 won't make that big of a difference. The overalls don't even mean that much. If your talented, you can dominate the sticks with a 71 rated TAYLOR MAYS cause he has good speed and good hit/tackling. Stop complaining about overall ratings and pay attention to what your guys are good at. That's what matters. Read the story. The 100 ratings is designed for big time players in the 98-99 range in that category who make 1 or 2 big plays that week in that certain category to deserve that boost to 100. So if a player with a 92 catching all of a sudden gets a 15 catch game with 230 yards and a few touchdowns won't get bumped up to 100, probably 95. But if he's being consistent throughout the year to warrant increases, then maybe he'll make that 100 in a later week.

I like the idea!!!! And if you got a decrease, then that player was probably overrated In the first place. For instace. Arian foster came into the game 72 out the box. Ran for 230 yards first week. Deserves a MAJOR increase. Ran for 60 in wk 2 and got decreases by 1 cause he was good, but didn't dominate like he did the colts. By seasons end, he'll probably be back down in the 79-82 range. I truly believe that's as fair as anyone can be with the ratings. If you got an issue. RATE THEM YOURSELF!!!

Last edited by Dyowman; 09-24-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 3
Hahahaha what a joke its week 2. The Ravens defensive rankings dont mean anything this early in the season.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 7

The Pats roster bumps irritate me.

What is it with the Pats always getting bumped for nothing? If Moss's s.catch should be bumped, why is it that a ball bounced off his hands for an interception?

What about the rooks?
Hernandez started as a 68 and has been bumped 3 timesup to 78. Week 1 one catch and he gets bumped 3 points. This week he had 60 yards and gets bumped 3 more.

Gronkowski is rated high as rook at a 76.

Mcourtey bumped 5 to a 79 week 1.

Brandon Tate is basically a rook gets bumped to a 74 for 1 KR.

Brandon Spikes is a 74.
Price at a 68 is high.

In comparison, I waited all year last year for Collie, Garcon, and Session to get past 70 and they were racking up good games all year. 1 or 2 plays made by Pats players and they get bumped. Irritating for offense especially considering every offensive skill player theyve drafted since Brady has been a relative bust. I think Hernandez will be an exception, but he shouldnt be bumped 10 pointsover 3 weeks for what he's done so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

I can understand why the Colts line was dropped week 1, but how can you justify it for week 2?

I appreciate the Eldridge bump 3 points to a 69, but I don't get the reasoning for dropping the offensive line 2 straight weeks. The most rushing attempts since Peyton has been in Indy was against the Giants. Diem played exceptional I thought, not enough for a bump, but didn't deserve the drop IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »