Home

NCAA Roster for ACCURATE 2011 Draft Class

This is a discussion on NCAA Roster for ACCURATE 2011 Draft Class within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NCAA Roster for ACCURATE 2011 Draft Class

Here's what I did...

Started by changing all the underclassmen who declared to Senior (RS) to ensure they would be included in the draft class.

Then, I went by the most recent Big Board at DraftTek and changed ratings on the top 25 players on the big board to 99, the next 25 to 98, the next 25 to 97, etc etc until I rated roughly the top 250-300 players. If they weren't rated in the top 300 I adjusted their ratings down.

Next, I went into the depth charts and made sure all underclassmen who weren't declaring were taken out of the depth chart or lowered so they wouldn't receive any playing time - and therefore wouldn't declare. The only issue with this is that guys like Luck, Trent Richardson, etc etc will want to transfer after the season. The easy fix to this is to change their college once they are imported into Madden. Also, there will still be 10 or so guys declare early, but usually their ratings are too low to be included in the Madden export.

Also, for all the FCS (I-AA) players that were in the top 300 (Pat Devlin, etc) I used a random senior with similar skill set and changed his name/height/weight. Once these players are drafted and signed in Madden you can go to player management and change their college to the correct FCS school if you'd like.

I simmed a season on NCAA with injuries and fatigue off and imported the class into Madden. The finished product was having every player in the first 6 rounds of Drafttek's simulated mock draft included in Madden, and most of the 7th round players too.

It is impossible to get the ratings/round projections scaled right though for the rookies so what I did is I went into Drafttek's online simulator where you can use the grab tool to play GM and ran a draft picking the players for my team only. Then I started a franchise in Madden and made sure every team was user controlled. I simulated the 2010 season. Then I simulated the free agent signing period. Then I went through and made sure I selected all the players from the draft simulation I ran. The finished product is having some first round busts and getting some gems in the later rounds just like in real life.

If anyone is interested in this roster let me know and I'll upload it to my EA locker. You need NCAA to sim the season to save the draft class. Maybe someone with the know how can do that and then upload them for people without NCAA.

-Ryan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Roster for ACCURATE 2011 Draft Class

hey is this for xbox if so i want it also i dont have ncaa but i know how how to upload it
Old 02-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Whats your GT.

Very interested in downloading.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Sounds interesting? I like your approach. Would love to download!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Please tell me it's for PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

You shouldn't change all the underclassmen to Redshirt seniors. Then they'll be a year or two older than when they came out of college. That's about a year or two less of playing time that they'll have in the NFL.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Banned

This roster is back up in my EA Locker - ajimithing

Let me know what you guys think. Also, I'll be updating it as DraftTek updates their Big Board.

over9000 yards - sorry that is the only way to ensure they all make it to Madden for the 2011 Draft.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey could you upload files because i dont have ncaa 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »