Home

Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #49
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

I would be very interested to have these on ps3
Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 3

count me in to help with roster making for the ps3. i would go ahead and start but i am not sure how i should go about rating the players. i would like an unbiased uniform way of doing it, but that seems to be hard to achieve.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 12

If anyone is interested on doing these for the PS3, i started a thread and I'm starting to crank them out. I got a lot of the NFC west done. I haven't seen anything else start a PS3 version so I'm going for it. I'm not touching ratings for now until I get closer to finishing all the editing and CAPs. This way we can kind of get all the ratings to coincide together. Hoping to make it a community project. Check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #52
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
If anyone is interested on doing these for the PS3, i started a thread and I'm starting to crank them out. I got a lot of the NFC west done. I haven't seen anything else start a PS3 version so I'm going for it. I'm not touching ratings for now until I get closer to finishing all the editing and CAPs. This way we can kind of get all the ratings to coincide together. Hoping to make it a community project. Check it out.
That's cool that you've started one for the PS3.

Forget what I said a few posts ago about possibly creating a PS3 version. I've been creating a handful of players, and while it's relatively easy, I'm starting to realize there's just no way I'd have the time to do anything significant.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Here's what's going on

For the XBOX 360 i'm trying to decide to how to pass the file back and forth between me and another USER who has offered to help me out.

Once i get that straighten out then i will start the file...it might just be a situation where i simply just handle everything myself if that doesn't work which is no biggie because I've done much larger roster files than this would be all alone.

I think someone is doing a PS3 version so you guys are covered on that end now....

I read in his thread about duplicate players existing....just so that we are on the same page.

THERE WILL BE NO DUPLICATE PLAYERS ON THIS FILE....

I don't like that method as I prefer one guy slotted to one team only....these will All-Time rosters which means I' not creating teams based on a season or year.

This is like my NCAA Alumni Rosters where i take some of the best players in team history and put them all on one team and let you decide who to start and who will be the backups.

These will all be great players but lets get one thing clear they won't all be 90+ overall rated players....if a guy wasn't listed as a burner i'm not going to make him a burner just to inflate his overall rating.

I'm not rating guys based on overall's I'm not rating guys base don a overall rating....I'm rating guys based on Tendencies

So if i guy didn't have great speed but he had great hands and was terrific route runner and playmaker I.E. Jerry Rice if his speed keeps him from being a 99 overall then so be it. His tendency ratings will allow him to do hi job and be Jerry Rice....the same thing applies to Emmitt Smith he'll be productive without being rated a 90+ speed

Ifyour looking for all of your favorite players to be speed demons this fiel won't be for you.....if your looking for guys to be rated 90+ overall because they were great then this file won't be for you.....

There are several resources that i can use to determine the 25 best players in NFL history....those guys are the one's you'll most likely see rated in the 90's

There are resources i can use to decide who were the fastest 25 players in NFL history.......those guys will be the fastest players on this file and everyone else will simply fall in line no acceptions to the rule

Barry Sanders was good.....hell Barry Sanders was GREAT...so was Jim Brown

But having said that Barry Sanders and Jim Brown weren't 99 speed rated players that is what EA gives you...that is not what I'm going to give you.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Here's what's going on

For the XBOX 360 i'm trying to decide to how to pass the file back and forth between me and another USER who has offered to help me out.

Once i get that straighten out then i will start the file...it might just be a situation where i simply just handle everything myself if that doesn't work which is no biggie because I've done much larger roster files than this would be all alone.

I think someone is doing a PS3 version so you guys are covered on that end now....

I read in his thread about duplicate players existing....just so that we are on the same page.

THERE WILL BE NO DUPLICATE PLAYERS ON THIS FILE....

I don't like that method as I prefer one guy slotted to one team only....these will All-Time rosters which means I' not creating teams based on a season or year.

This is like my NCAA Alumni Rosters where i take some of the best players in team history and put them all on one team and let you decide who to start and who will be the backups.

These will all be great players but lets get one thing clear they won't all be 90+ overall rated players....if a guy wasn't listed as a burner i'm not going to make him a burner just to inflate his overall rating.

I'm not rating guys based on overall's I'm not rating guys base don a overall rating....I'm rating guys based on Tendencies

So if i guy didn't have great speed but he had great hands and was terrific route runner and playmaker I.E. Jerry Rice if his speed keeps him from being a 99 overall then so be it. His tendency ratings will allow him to do hi job and be Jerry Rice....the same thing applies to Emmitt Smith he'll be productive without being rated a 90+ speed

Ifyour looking for all of your favorite players to be speed demons this fiel won't be for you.....if your looking for guys to be rated 90+ overall because they were great then this file won't be for you.....

There are several resources that i can use to determine the 25 best players in NFL history....those guys are the one's you'll most likely see rated in the 90's

There are resources i can use to decide who were the fastest 25 players in NFL history.......those guys will be the fastest players on this file and everyone else will simply fall in line no acceptions to the rule

Barry Sanders was good.....hell Barry Sanders was GREAT...so was Jim Brown

But having said that Barry Sanders and Jim Brown weren't 99 speed rated players that is what EA gives you...that is not what I'm going to give you.
good stuff man, i like the idea on not having any duplicate players, this makes it to where that player can only play for one team. however i think that at least the top 50 on nfl network's list should probably be rated at the best 99 overall rating. i mean the lowest guy on that list might be a 97. 100 players is not much at all considering how many have actually played in the nfl throughout its history. but overall i really like your ideas.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHorns
good stuff man, i like the idea on not having any duplicate players, this makes it to where that player can only play for one team. however i think that at least the top 50 on nfl network's list should probably be rated at the best 99 overall rating. i mean the lowest guy on that list might be a 97. 100 players is not much at all considering how many have actually played in the nfl throughout its history. but overall i really like your ideas.
I know it sounds like i'm going to be short changing some players but that's only because some people are used to EA's ratings scale

If EA scaled back the overall ratings of players or even player speed you'd see still great players look and feel great

Think about it is there really a huge difference between a GREAT PLAYER being a 94 overall as opposed to 99 overall especially if that great player is productive and getting it done based on TENDENCIES as opposed to what his overall rating reflects?

Say for example Dan Marino

If he has great arm strength, outstanding accuarcy and awareness but that only makes him a 92-94 overall because his speed rating isn't high enough to make him a 99 overall does that hurt Marino in the long run?

Another example would be Deacon Jones who stated he only ran about a 4.5 or 4.6 back in his day which was fast at that time. Should i give Deacon Jones 80+ speed just to make his overall a 99?

Or should i use his acceleration to represent his quickness off the ball and then give him outstanding pass rushing tendencies to shed blocks and make him hunt down QB's with a great pursuit rating that offsets his lack of speed

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #56
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

When will these be ready?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »