Home

Madden 12 PS2 rosters

This is a discussion on Madden 12 PS2 rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 PS2 rosters

I'm itching for these to come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

UPDATE...

Only 6 teams left. They are coming along great... Nobody will be disappointed, seeing how the default stuff they gave us this year was absolute trash!!!!! Good stuff coming before Sunday games. And they will be $5... Much less than the other guy only charging because of the sleep I am losing and the headaches from staring at the screen for hours on end. LOL! Other than that, everything is all good!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #27
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

OVR: 5

Cool, keep pushin man can't wait!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #28
ALC
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Madden 12 PS2 rosters

Not to rein on ya parade but why go thourgh this when it will be much simpler to get either a xbox or ps3 system. But to have to pay for the game and it dosnt have any online capablities. Is really a total waste of time and effort and money. Face the facts the system is dead and no matter what you do it isnt comming back. But to continue to allow EA to take your money for a incomplete game and product is just wrong. ALC
Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #29
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

Well obviously no one expects it to comeback. But as far as gameplay many still feel that there are some aspects where PS2 is better than next-gen. I have a PS3 and at some point I probably will get Madden 12 for it. But with so many things that are wrong with it I didn't feel like spending 60 for a game I won't get into until about 3 to 4 months later after patches and whatnot are done. At least I know what to expect from PS2. I get more fun from a last gen game I paid for on the cheap with it's only real problem being the rosters than a current gen that has people pulling their hair every August. By your theory you pay for an incomplete game every year regardless of the system.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
ALC
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Madden 12 PS2 rosters

Excuse me for having an opinion but to buy a game that isnt complete is just plain dumb to me. Even if you say you get it on the cheap. To have to put all that work in just to put your game up to speed isnt sound business practice at all. But if you want to go down that path so be it. Yes im sure that all games have flaws. Even the ps2 does such as after 2005 the playbooks didnt change. The same offense plays just kept being repeated along with the same defense as well kept being the same. So to sit back on your high horse and act like the games dont have issuse is a joke.
Now im not a nextgen advocate but to spend money that in todays world is hard to come by. U should get the most from it. With out online playing and no roster updates and no communities or leagues. You just throwing money away. Yes the ps2 game was nice and fun and the gameplay was great but in life things move on. Keep up the fight that fine but it would be better to move into the present and be better serve for it. Peace ALC
Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #31
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC
Excuse me for having an opinion but to buy a game that isnt complete is just plain dumb to me. Even if you say you get it on the cheap. To have to put all that work in just to put your game up to speed isnt sound business practice at all. But if you want to go down that path so be it. Yes im sure that all games have flaws. Even the ps2 does such as after 2005 the playbooks didnt change. The same offense plays just kept being repeated along with the same defense as well kept being the same. So to sit back on your high horse and act like the games dont have issuse is a joke.
Now im not a nextgen advocate but to spend money that in todays world is hard to come by. U should get the most from it. With out online playing and no roster updates and no communities or leagues. You just throwing money away. Yes the ps2 game was nice and fun and the gameplay was great but in life things move on. Keep up the fight that fine but it would be better to move into the present and be better serve for it. Peace ALC
I never once said there wernt any flaws for the PS2 version. Trust me there are, but honestly why would u care if someone plays this version or any current gen. Everyone looks for a different experience. If I wanted online and everything else I would of shelled out the 60 for madden 12. But I mainly play franchise offline so all the other stuff doesn't bother me. And we both have the same point that buying an incomplete game is dumb so why keep mentioning it? If u have to patch a game obviously there's something missing IE incomplete. For me personally I like both gens of games but that's the thing, its a personal choice. You act like someone has to conform to one game. If doing rosters and all this other stuff for a game is what I wanna do then why worry about it? All games have issues but it's not even about that, I just prefer ps2 for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

LOL!

Dude, ALC, you have things all messed up...

First off, I have been doing roster edits for PS2 Madden every year since '03 and will continue to do them until they stop making the game for PS2.

I actually find it fun and it's an easy way for me to stay up to date with the moves that take place around the league. It helps me get familiar with new players, etc...

Secondly, you brought up money being hard to come by. The only video game that I play AT ALL is Madden. So why would I drop $360+ on a system/game that I find less satisfying than an older version that I find more satisfying and only costs $40? $360+ for PS3 and Madden with less satisfaction? OR $40 for PS2 Madden with 100% more satisfaction? You do the math.

And finally, the franchise mode for PS2 is widely known as the best video game feature of all time... New-gen's franchise mode sucks really bad! I never played the game online, so I could care less about that... And I find the gameplay for PS2 much more crisp and clean than the gameplay experience on new-gen. Granted, there are flaws for the PS2 version, and basically all we are paying for now (and have been since '09) are new roster pictures and new rookies entering the league. And I'm fine with that... If I choose to spend my little $40 dollars on a PS2 vesion of a game that has been out on new-gen for 5 years, so be it. Why does that irk you so much?

I love my PS2 Madden, and I will ride it until the wheels fall off. (Because as far as I'm concerned, seeing as we have at least ten people that are interested in the rosters here, they haven't fallen off just yet!!!!!)

Peace, swolfdab.

(Roster update soon to come)

Last edited by swolfdab; 09-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »