Home

Pat White released from Virginia Destroyers

This is a discussion on Pat White released from Virginia Destroyers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Pat White released from Virginia Destroyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan77
The problem was, he couldnt produce with few chances the Dolphins did give him. He couldnt grasp the wildcat. If he couldnt grasp and produce with the one task and one task only that was given him, there wasnt much hope for him to make it in the league.

It was a horrible waste of a third round pick. But then again, Miami is good at screwing up trades and draft picks. Ted Ginn in round 1, trading a 3rd rounder for A.J. Feeley and letting Wes Welker go.

I am in the minority when I say I think PArcells was given almost a free pass in Miami. Yes, they turned it around from worst to first. But they had an easy schedule and an easy division (other than the Pats)

Pat White was a reach. Parcells thought they would be running the wildcat 20 plays a game.

The Chargers did this first. At least the Dolphins got back some compensation.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG
I never said he'd be the best just that he never really had a chance but it's whatever. I was just sayin as far as Madden goes.

Ok. I don't mean to be argumentative i was just going by you saying he had the potential to be a "franchise QB". My personal belief is that given the right situation Ryan Leaf would have been a Franchise QB but sadly the Chargers ruined that. Heck they even nearly ruined Drew Brees career early on.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
The Chargers did this first. At least the Dolphins got back some compensation.
Which they used to draft John Beck and Kelvin Smith. So, they basically got nothing for him. In the Chargers defense, he was cut after week 1. They had no body of work to go on. Miami saw what he could do and still gave him away.

Being a life-long Fins fan, this has become an all too familiar scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

^ Hindsight is 20/20
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #13
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I thought he wanted to pursue his baseball career and that was why the Dolphins released him.
That was the case to my remembrance.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #14
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

Knowing madden they'll add him as a free agent with A potential. Similar to Noel Devine. They make some of the most random choices. I doubt a guy who can't get on a preseason roster then I doubt he would ever be elite. Weirder things have happened but Pat White will end up in Canada if he is lucky.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't kno what he's doing now for sure but he did sign with the Kansas City Royals after being released by the Dolphins. He was a great college player but his skill set didn't transfer to the pro game there are tons of players who had the same problem. Jason White won a Heisman trophy and didn't even get drafted and Matt Cassel who was a career back-up in college got drafted the same year. Matt Leinart, Ron Dayne, Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith and countless others were great in college and have had little to no success in the NFL. Then you look at people like Cassel, Arian Foster, Peyton Hillis (3rd best running back in his college scheme), Tom Brady, and others have great NFL careers just goes to show you how different the college and NFL games are.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »