Home

9/5 Roster Update?????

This is a discussion on 9/5 Roster Update????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
9/5 Roster Update?????

Does anyone know when the next roster update will be released now that all the teams have made all their cuts? I mean seriously, why is this secret knowledge???!!! Why can't they just inform us when the roster update will come out?! Many many people base when they will start their franchise when the update comes out, but I guess its a secret when the new rosters come out. Some teams have made some serious roster moves since the 8/30 roster update/game release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 9/5 Roster Update?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123cwik321
Does anyone know when the next roster update will be released now that all the teams have made all their cuts? I mean seriously, why is this secret knowledge???!!! Why can't they just inform us when the roster update will come out?! Many many people base when they will start their franchise when the update comes out, but I guess its a secret when the new rosters come out. Some teams have made some serious roster moves since the 8/30 roster update/game release.
Dude go to yahoo search type in donny moore twitter and click on that. look at some of his tweets he has stated they are shooting for thursday in the AM hours. Its a great way to let him know if you want ratings changed or something is wrong with the rosters as well. Also these things take time to do the cuts happened saturday so even getting them out by thursday would be tough to do
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

why in the hell would they release a roster update on thursday??!! they might as well just wait until week one is over a few days later!! DUH! that makes absolutely no sense, i dont know the level of difficulty in performing a roster update but seriously cant they just add and/or delete players so we can at least have an accurate roster?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123cwik321
why in the hell would they release a roster update on thursday??!! they might as well just wait until week one is over a few days later!! DUH! that makes absolutely no sense, i dont know the level of difficulty in performing a roster update but seriously cant they just add and/or delete players so we can at least have an accurate roster?
...Because the first NFL regular season game is this Thursday night?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cng41
Dude go to yahoo search type in donny moore twitter and click on that. look at some of his tweets he has stated they are shooting for thursday in the AM hours. Its a great way to let him know if you want ratings changed or something is wrong with the rosters as well. Also these things take time to do the cuts happened saturday so even getting them out by thursday would be tough to do
Please! I could do all the rosters in a day including making all the players needed. All he's got to do is visit these websites and get to work.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

I have a feeling we will be missing numerous players though and I will have to do some of these myself even if they happened over a week ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

SaintDemure's Arena

OVR: 6

Some of you really are impatient, whiny little children. For Christ's sake, just wait until Thursday.

I'm sure you can get these rosters down to a T in a day, as you claim, however; some players can still be claimed off waivers between now and Thursday. Thus, roster movements are still happening. Opening day rosters mean OPENING DAY.

Just be patient kiddies.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure
Some of you really are impatient, whiny little children. For Christ's sake, just wait until Thursday.

I'm sure you can get these rosters down to a T in a day, as you claim, however; some players can still be claimed off waivers between now and Thursday. Thus, roster movements are still happening. Opening day rosters mean OPENING DAY.

Just be patient kiddies.
I agree 100%. And guys the reason some players are missing is that they dont have the rights to them through NFLPA. When I was a little kid like some of you we didnt have roster updates so be gratefull that you do

Last edited by cng41; 09-05-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Rookie

SaintDemure's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cng41
When I was a little kid like some of you we didnt have roster updates so be gratefull that you do
Amen. We couldn't do trades or make any roster changes whatsoever in the Tecmo Bowl days!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »