Home

Post here for caps. Ill start with my Brett Favre cap.

This is a discussion on Post here for caps. Ill start with my Brett Favre cap. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post here for caps. Ill start with my Brett Favre cap.

whats up guys im looking for a couple of caps im horrible at this stuff so i am the worst at making them lol but if anyone has any caps for John Elway
Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Dick Butkus, or "Mean" Joe Greene please post them thank u very much in advance
Old 09-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #50
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

I think his CAPs are pretty good for the most part, I mean ya..ther'es a few things that are off, but why not just adjust what is wrong on your own?

Rice was not a burner...lower it to 80 some

Change warren sapp's coverage to be lower...and the caps are accurate

Easy fixes, rather than complaining, just make note of it, fix it yourself, and move on

Thanks for taking the time to put your CAPs out there for all to use to all who have posted
Old 09-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I think his CAPs are pretty good for the most part, I mean ya..ther'es a few things that are off, but why not just adjust what is wrong on your own?

Rice was not a burner...lower it to 80 some

Change warren sapp's coverage to be lower...and the caps are accurate

Easy fixes, rather than complaining, just make note of it, fix it yourself, and move on

Thanks for taking the time to put your CAPs out there for all to use to all who have posted
I put Rice's speed at 84 on mine and adjusted both Lynch's and Sapp's press down. I'll try 2 work on an Elway, Marino, and Montana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #52
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danza4917
I put Rice's speed at 84 on mine and adjusted both Lynch's and Sapp's press down. I'll try 2 work on an Elway, Marino, and Montana.
84 is ridiculously low. he should at least be 89. hes just as fast as fitzgerald. 84 is like tight end speed
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #53
Banned

can i get a Y.A. Tittle CAP?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #54
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Like I said, I don't have any problems with your caps,
just a friendly tip though

to assign a speed, find out that player's 40 time, and then google to find another player with the same 40 time that is already on the game

Can match the speed numbers, or put it similar based on football speed, as football isnt played as a 40 yard dash.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #55
Rookie

@playmakers. I respect your opinion like I said I wouldnt know how to rate players I aint seen play. Also I edited Sapp's catching to 46 carrying 38 pursuit 74 man 42 zone 46 spectacular catch 36 catch in traffic 45 press 52. How's that? Also I made Sapp in his prime not as a verteran I just used his real age. Favre is rated as if he is to return this season. No disrespect but dont say something u not 100% sure of bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
84 is ridiculously low. he should at least be 89. hes just as fast as fitzgerald. 84 is like tight end speed
No your wrong....

84 is only ridiculously low because EA OVERATES player speed to begin with

84 is actually very good speed if EA was to use a players real 40 time.....there aren't that many TE's in the NFL that fast....so your comments about that being equal TE speed is incorrect.

Not everyone is Vernon Davis so most of them should truly be in the 70's for speed.

EA tends to overate a players speed anywhere from 5-10 points in order to boost up that players overall rating if he performs well

Take for example Marion Barber who ran a 4.53 and should have about 84-85 speed.

In Madden 06 he had 87 speed and 87 acceleration. By Madden 08 Barber had 88 speed and 90 acceleration...by Madden 09 Marion Barber had maxed out at 92 speed and 95 acceleration all because EA wanted to boost up his overall rating.

I'm not knocking the guys CAPS but IMO the 1st thing you should do if your going to create LEGENDS Is RESEARCH the LEGENDS!

And just because EA inflates the ratings doesn't mean you have to follow their lead.

I would respect a guy more if they atleast attempted to research the data when it comes to these types of rosters....if you can't find the data that's one thing but then if you know something is off when you create another player then you should correct your work

For example the original (CAP) version of Warren Sapp had him with better coverage skills than most LB's and his pursuit rating was better than some of the fastest DB's in the game.

As far as Rice technically he was slow...in fact he was actually slower than Mike Alstott

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...1523/index.htm
At the 1996 combine Alstott wowed NFL scouts by running a 4.66 40-yard dash. Yet when the Bucs drafted him in the second round, with the 35th pick, they envisioned him as a pure fullback and asked him to concentrate on a skill with which he was unfamiliar: blocking. Midway through training camp before Alstott's rookie season, first-year coach Tony Dungy was forced to reevaluate.

Rice didn't use speed to get open he was a terrifc route runner and had great hands.....had the CAP maker realized that he could maxed out Jerry Rice Catching, Route Running, Awareness, Release and Catch In Traffic ratings that would have been the best starting point because he would have got open regardless of his low speed

Now i agree Rice had what many call game speed which is different from 40 speed....in that sense why not give Rice a very high acceleration to capture his football speed and then assign him his true speed in the 40?

Like i said his ability to get open is ultimatley what is going to make him dangerous in Madden......his elite awareness is going to always allow him top make plays and get open vs any CB in Madden

Also Rice was one of the better blocking WR's in the game.....him and John Taylor thrived on the outside at holding their blocks log enough for 49er RB's to turn the corner. That is where his Run Block Footwork ratings should kick in.

If you guys need help deciding if a guy should be 90 speed or higher observe this list and look at these 25 players recorded 40 times. If you know a guy was no where near these times recorded then simply adjust his speed to a realistic rate
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...history/page/2

Listen for the recorded 40 times and you'll see why i was shocked at the OP giving Rice 92 speed that would mean Rice would have had to run a 4.38-4.40 to even sniff that type of speed rating
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE6

Carry on with the project...I just feel it woudl be helpful if a little more research and resources were used especially since I'm huge fan of old school players and do tons of research myself on them

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-19-2011 at 04:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »