Home

Old Player Questions

This is a discussion on Old Player Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Old Player Questions

I want to make Old teams, 64 Browns, 72 Miami, 66 Packers and so on.. For Madden 11. For thos of You who have made old teams,, How the heck do You get info on how a player from the old days does or has these abilities,, Run Block Footwork, power moves,catch in traffic, hit power and so on.. ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Old Player Questions

estimate using your own judgement...I mean, it'd be a huge hassle, but you could come up with solid stats by analyzing different stats, videos, etc.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
I want to make Old teams, 64 Browns, 72 Miami, 66 Packers and so on.. For Madden 11. For thos of You who have made old teams,, How the heck do You get info on how a player from the old days does or has these abilities,, Run Block Footwork, power moves,catch in traffic, hit power and so on.. ??
One thing to consider is how do you want the players to compare to their modern day counterparts... i.e. do you want to play a game between the 66 Packers and the 2011 Lions? If so you'll want to rate guys based on a more modern day scale or rerate both based on a standardized scale.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
Banned

well, 1st, Thanks for the replys..
My thought is this..? Maybe take the ratings of the players madden does when the game 1st comes out and total them up and come up with an average for each one and use that for each old time player?
This is crazy,, I mean come one WHO the Heck knows what "IMpact Blocking" a lineman from the 58 Colts has???? Nuts...
You know,, Sometimes More simpler is better.. ?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
well, 1st, Thanks for the replys..
My thought is this..? Maybe take the ratings of the players madden does when the game 1st comes out and total them up and come up with an average for each one and use that for each old time player?
This is crazy,, I mean come one WHO the Heck knows what "IMpact Blocking" a lineman from the 58 Colts has???? Nuts...
You know,, Sometimes More simpler is better.. ?
By averaging the ratings careful you don't wind up with an average team with no superstars but all average players. If you want to take the historical team and compete or play against teams from other eras or the present... then they'll need to be rated according to how dominant they were in their time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
Banned

Well, There was a Guy at another site FF. Muscle Mike. who had Great Old team ratings,, infact Caplords used them on their teams.. Infact I may just copy those teams, Tho they didnt make teams like the 97 Broncos.
Hum yea I may just copy them..
What I was goin to average was the new stuff "Trucking, Bc Vision Pursuit and so on" not the old stuff "Speed, strength and so on..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »