Home

LeBron James in NFL??

This is a discussion on LeBron James in NFL?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #25
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LeBron James in NFL??

All I'm saying is look at every fastest player in the NBA list and he is there. Then look at the rest all 6' to 6'3 gaurds. Then you have a 6'8 260lb monster...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-james-what-if

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I said Gates worked out, doesn't mean everyone that switches from basketball to football is going to work out. Glad to see you are reading the whole point and not picking and choosing what you want from what I said. As for comparing baseball to football, I didn't. I was simply referring to how someone said that LeBron has a history with football, so I said how Jordan had a history with baseball. The being, it's history. Anyone that thinks that LeBron walks on a football field tomorrow and would dominate at the NFL level is crazy.

I read through that article and found it funny. He is a good WR as a high school soph. How long ago was that? As for no one being able to cover him, well let's refer to a current TE that plays in the NFL. When Vernon Davis came out of college they said people would have a hard time covering him because he ran a sub 4.3 which is faster than LeBron's 4.4. So the only advantage LeBron would have is 5 inches. That said, NFL coaches learn to adapt to those they are playing against and it would be the same for LeBron if he did play in the NFL. Could he be a great NFL player, sure but doesn't mean it ever would happen even if he did switch sports
Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #27
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaMobStar
PLAYER INFO

LeBron
James
TE
FA
RIGHT
Akron
December
Akron
Ohio

APPEARANCE

6'8
SKIN TONE 7
HEAD 14
ARM SIZE (START FROM ZERO AND COUNT 5 TO RIGHT)
ARM DEFINITION FULL BAR
CHEST SIZE(START FROM ZERO AND MOVE ONCE TO RIGHT)
BELLY SIZER(START FROM ZERO AND MOVE TWICE TO RIGHT)
REAR SIZE Full Bar
THIGH SIZE(SAME AS Chest)
CALF SIZE Full Bar
Feet Size Start from zero and move 10 times to right

EQUIPMENT

Revolution Speed
Revo Speed Robot
Eye Paint
BACK PLATE NORMAL
FLAK JACKET NORMAL
EMPTY PAD HEIGHT
SLEEVES STANDARD
WRISTBAND TC ON BOTH WRIST
Large THIGH AND Small KNEE PADS
LOW SOCKS
NIKE SUPER SPEED D

RATING

OVERALL 74

STRENGTH 80
AGILITY 92
SPEED 90
ACCELERATION 96
AWARENESS 65
CATCHING 78
Carrying 66
Pass Block 32
Run Block 27
Jumping 99
Trucking 78
Elusiveness 85
BC VISION 69
STIFF ARM 68
SPIN MOVE 78
JUKE MOVE 80
Impact Blocking 45
Run Block Strength 45
Run Block Footwork 40
Pass Block Strength 45
Run Block Footwork 40
Spectacular Catch 85
Catch in Traffic 74
Route Running 70
Release 80
Injury 88
Stamina 99
TOUGHNESS 85

tuck & run Sometimes
throw ball away no
sense pressure Ideal
force passes Ideal
throw tight spiral no
fight for extra yards yes
covers ball Never
Make Sideline Catches no
Drop Open Passes Yes
Plays Ball in air Aggressive
no
no
no
no
no
Yes

It aint great but theirs my cap
consistency 2
confidence 4
high motor no
Hearing the talk of Lebron did give me an idea to create him and put him on the game so this will help, Thanks!

Also I may create a young Lebron for NCAA 12 and make him a Junior or Senior on a team so he comes out within the first two Draft Classes so that he can be drafted. Thanks again for this!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
Banned

cdipoce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayt
I said Gates worked out, doesn't mean everyone that switches from basketball to football is going to work out. Glad to see you are reading the whole point and not picking and choosing what you want from what I said. As for comparing baseball to football, I didn't. I was simply referring to how someone said that LeBron has a history with football, so I said how Jordan had a history with baseball. The being, it's history. Anyone that thinks that LeBron walks on a football field tomorrow and would dominate at the NFL level is crazy.

I read through that article and found it funny. He is a good WR as a high school soph. How long ago was that? As for no one being able to cover him, well let's refer to a current TE that plays in the NFL. When Vernon Davis came out of college they said people would have a hard time covering him because he ran a sub 4.3 which is faster than LeBron's 4.4. So the only advantage LeBron would have is 5 inches. That said, NFL coaches learn to adapt to those they are playing against and it would be the same for LeBron if he did play in the NFL. Could he be a great NFL player, sure but doesn't mean it ever would happen even if he did switch sports
You're picking and choosing, and confounding my points, too.

The reason I brought up the fact that he has a history with football was in regards to your point about wearing pads and cleats.

The reason why the MJ situation is different, as yankees028 already said, is that the skill set from baseball to basketball varies. It's not true in the case of basketball player to Tight End. At least, not to the same degree. The very things that make LeBron a dominant basketball player are the same things that would make him a great receiving TE. That's why the example of MJ doesn't hold water.

Do you ever wonder why there's so many professional athletes that were recruited for multiple sports? Attributes DO translate!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same skills for a TE and a basketball player?
Didn't know that basketball players had to catch a ball and worry about getting drilled by a 200 lb guy right after he catches the ball. Or block a 300 lb guy from hitting a teammate. Or push and shove others to make sure they don't get to their teammate running the ball.
So what is the same skills, catching a ball?
So what exact attributes translate from basketball to football but not baseball?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #30
Pro

yankees028's Arena

This is a pointless argument. If you honestly cant say that you dont think Lebron could contribute to a team due to how physical he is and his pure athleticism.

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 10-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #31
Banned

cdipoce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayt
Same skills for a TE and a basketball player?
Didn't know that basketball players had to catch a ball and worry about getting drilled by a 200 lb guy right after he catches the ball. Or block a 300 lb guy from hitting a teammate. Or push and shove others to make sure they don't get to their teammate running the ball.
So what is the same skills, catching a ball?
So what exact attributes translate from basketball to football but not baseball?
Everyone acknowledges that he would have to adjust to the physicality of professional football. If that was your whole argument, then you had the most roundabout way of making a point that is a foregone conclusion for anyone with a functioning brain.

As for your point about blocking, please re-read my post and you'll see I said receiving TE. The luxury of seeing more than one step ahead is saving myself the trouble of countering bone-headed arguments.

What are the most prominent traits that LeBron possesses? His vertical, speed and height. And he has great hands. None of those really do much for hitting a baseball. That has to do more with hand-eye coordination.

However, a receiving tight end greatly benefits from a good vertical, good speed, good height and good hands.

Now let me address the next point you'll inevitably make: SO YOU'RE SAYING TIGHT ENDS AND BASKETBALL PLAYERS DON'T NEED HAND-EYE COORDINATION...

Of course LeBron has good hand-eye coordination (e.g., when dribbling a basketball), but you only need it at a base level. Similarly for receiving tight ends. Having a combination of size, speed and hops is a greater asset than hand-eye coordination for a receiving tight end.

Try the following analogy:

According to your world view, Einstein would've been a bad mathematician (since he was a physicist), or Mozart a bad violinist (since he was a pianist).

I would then say: Einstein clearly had great ability to process abstract ideas and possessed amazing logical reasoning. Mozart has perfect-pitch and great dexterity. These are raw talents that translate into those other areas.

Then you would say: so I suppose you're saying Einstein would've been a great novelist and Mozart a surgeon.

And I would say no, because there talents don't lend as well in those areas.

And then you'd retort: SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S NO LOGIC TO WRITING A NOVEL, AND NO DEXTERITY TO BEING A SURGEON???

etc.

You're basically at a point where you're going to contort every point I make, because you're more interested in being right than discussing the issue.

So this is my last response to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #32
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaMobStar
Idk though can u imagine a 6'8 TE with crazy hops to throw to from time to time?
Yep, his name is Tony Gonzalez.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »