Home

Anyone have Carson Palmer ratings?

This is a discussion on Anyone have Carson Palmer ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone have Carson Palmer ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdipoce
What a year to be a raiders fan!

I don't think anyone can criticize their acquisitions this season.

Maybe they gave up a bit much for Palmer, but they got Curry for a bargain. And if Palmer returns to form in terms of arm strength, the trade is fair.
Actually everyone I heard critcizing this trade lol. here is a link for you but the Raiders pretty much got robbed. Especially with a deep upcoming draft for QB's...
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...al-for-bengals
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm editing Jordan Palmer to be Carson Palmer with the current roster since I'm so impatient.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Actually everyone I heard critcizing this trade lol. here is a link for you but the Raiders pretty much got robbed. Especially with a deep upcoming draft for QB's...
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...al-for-bengals
They are going all in this year and have a good shot of winning the division. Once San Diego starts playing some real competition they'll get exposed if they don't play better. Boller wouldn't have delivered a playoff berth... Palmer can and has post season experience... they paid a high price, but it's a win now league.

Last edited by shagrugg; 10-19-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Rookie

The Raiders had ZERO interest in drafting a QB next year... and their 1st round pick would've likely been used on an offensive lineman or cornerback (who runs fast but has no cover skill). Given the Raiders record and where they may finish this year, the 1st round pick probably would not have given them a player who made an immediate impact.

Aaron Curry and Terrelle Pryor are basically their draft for next year.

Campbell's contract runs out after this season, so it is very possible that if Palmer proves that he's NOT done he will be a longer term investment than just this year... especially given Campbell's medicore production. That terrible interception he threw to a wide-open Eugene Chung vs. New England at the back of the endzone... that play sums up why the Raiders are willing to take this chance imo.

I think Carson will take a couple weeks to be get back into decent form... but at least in terms of arm strength and ability to heave it down the field.. he is the prototype for what kind of QB the Raiders like. Especially veterans.

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 10-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
The Raiders had ZERO interest in drafting a QB next year... and their 1st round pick would've likely been used on an offensive lineman or cornerback (who runs fast but has no cover skill). Given the Raiders record and where they may finish this year, the 1st round pick probably would not have given them a player who made an immediate impact.

Aaron Curry and Terrelle Pryor are basically their draft for next year.

Campbell's contract runs out after this season, so it is very possible that if Palmer proves that he's NOT done he will be a longer term investment than just this year... especially given Campbell's medicore production. That terrible interception he threw to a wide-open Eugene Chung vs. New England at the back of the endzone... that play sums up why the Raiders are willing to take this chance imo.

I think Carson will take a couple weeks to be get back into decent form... but at least in terms of arm strength and ability to heave it down the field.. he is the prototype for what kind of QB the Raiders like. Especially veterans.

I agree obviously that they had no interest in drafting a QB, they wouldnt have traded their first round picks if they did lol. I do not agree about Palmer however, I think this guy is older and there might not be much left in his arm. He showed pretty average ability the last couple years. Also just look at McNabb. Hopefully he isnt that bad but nobody thought he was that washed up either. They would have been better off keeping there picks, Cinninati could end up being a beast if they dont mess the picks up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #22
Rookie

This was Carson's final three games of 2010, Ochocinco and Terrell Owens were both done for the year at that point with injuries. He was throwing to Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, and Jermaine Gresham... overall, he had a terrible season but I don't believe it was a coincidence he showed signs of life at the end of the year after Chad and T.O. were gone. He's also only 31.. McNabb for example is 35.

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
12/19 vs CLE W 14 23 209 60.9 9.09 53 0 0 90.7
12/26 vs SD W 16 21 269 76.2 12.81 59 4 0 157.2
1/2 @ BAL L 32 45 305 71.1 6.78 39 1 2 78.5

Either way, the jury is out and we'll see what happens I guess over the next few weeks.

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 10-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
He's not. Max Starks isn't even on the Steelers roster and he has played in 2 games already.
I'm pretty sure Starks is on the roster. He's at LT but rated higher at RT.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #24
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

die hard pats fan here, but how is Palmer's arm strength only an 89? dude has a CANNON should be 95-97 range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »