Home

Eliminating Sloppy Seconds Taclking

This is a discussion on Eliminating Sloppy Seconds Taclking within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Eliminating Sloppy Seconds Taclking

I'm looking to balance the tackling animations out for greater realism, and there's a particular animation type that triggers often that I hate: one defender engages or stands up a ball carrier, then another defender comes in, knocks the first guy off and gets the tackle. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Now what I wonder is whether or not it's possible to eliminate or drastically reduce those animations and trigger more animations where both defenders latch on and create an assisted tackle animation.

Any insight into which ratings govern this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Eliminating Sloppy Seconds Taclking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm looking to balance the tackling animations out for greater realism, and there's a particular animation type that triggers often that I hate: one defender engages or stands up a ball carrier, then another defender comes in, knocks the first guy off and gets the tackle. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Now what I wonder is whether or not it's possible to eliminate or drastically reduce those animations and trigger more animations where both defenders latch on and create an assisted tackle animation.

Any insight into which ratings govern this?
I hate it too (it's one reason there tends to be too few solo tackles vs assists because in this scenario, both guys get an assist and no solo), but I don't know if ratings can answer it. I think I actually like the WWF hits better than this because at least then you get solo tackles.

I've seen Gibson do the "sloppy seconds" (99 TAK, POW), Willis (basically the same), Ray before he retired, and of course guys under that.

But if a 99 does it - I wonder what can be done.

The tackle slider helps it, but then it goes into a ton of those WWF "tackles". I'll accept it as a side effect, but too much is too much. This was when I tried 70 tackle slider.

Maybe offensive STR ratings have a factor? Maybe the TRK rating? I usually see it on HBs which makes me think it's one of those...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Eliminating Sloppy Seconds Taclking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I hate it too (it's one reason there tends to be too few solo tackles vs assists because in this scenario, both guys get an assist and no solo), but I don't know if ratings can answer it. I think I actually like the WWF hits better than this because at least then you get solo tackles.

I've seen Gibson do the "sloppy seconds" (99 TAK, POW), Willis (basically the same), Ray before he retired, and of course guys under that.

But if a 99 does it - I wonder what can be done.

The tackle slider helps it, but then it goes into a ton of those WWF "tackles". I'll accept it as a side effect, but too much is too much. This was when I tried 70 tackle slider.

Maybe offensive STR ratings have a factor? Maybe the TRK rating? I usually see it on HBs which makes me think it's one of those...
Yeah, I see this even with amazing tacklers who shouldn't need to have their work finished off. I'm always made when a LB has a guy and then a puny DB comes in and knocks him off, taking the tacke stat away form my LBs.

I currently jacked the tackle slider up to 75 or so, and I"ll go higher to see if I can get more of the other animations. I'll also mess with HB strength and trucking to see if these are a factor.

I will say that the best tackle animations I've seen have come from when I"ve combined principles from Dfos's HB/defensive settings and your run blocking concepts. I need to go back to that and work on it more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »