Home

New Realism Roster Edit

This is a discussion on New Realism Roster Edit within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
New Realism Roster Edit

So last night I started editing my rosters to try and get a realistic feel. I haven't got too far yet, and I have many more hours to put in, in order to complete this.

However here is my basis:
90-99 - Future Hall of Famers/Top talent in the NFL
80-89 - Elite players
60-79 - Solid Starters
45-59 - Solid back ups
30-45 - weak back ups/3rd stringers
1-29 - Roster fillers, will be lucky to ever see the field

I'm using this same basis for each individual stat as well. My hope is that when completed, I will see much more separation in the level of talent, allowing the truly elite players to really stand out. Anyone is welcome to provide insight on ratings, I'm using the Week 16 roster update.

So far here's a few key player overall ratings:
Jay Cutler - 72
Andy Dalton - 70
Matt Forte - 82
Tim Tebow - 71
Devin Hester - 73

Don't let the overalls necessarily fool you. Tim Tebow may be rated with Cutler and Dalton, but he can't throw the ball nearly as well. He has a decent deep ball, but his medium accuracy is mediocre. Tebow can however run the ball much better, not as good as most starting running backs, but solid enough to give the defenses fits.

Devin Hester, despite his 73, has pretty low quality receiving stats. His physical stats however, are beastly. He's one of the most agile players in the NFL, and deadly in the return game. He needs to work on catching that ball from the QB though.

I felt Forte warranted a low elite status after this season. His injury rating fell slightly due to injury, but he'll be a real solid running back for you.

I'm going to go through offensive players for the most part to start off, particularly QB's, HB's, and WR's. I've yet to determine how exactly I'm going to weed out who's where with O-linemen. Any feedback, negative or positive is welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Realism Roster Edit

Is this PS3 or 360? Have you actually made two teams setup like this and derived your ratings from there, or are you just saying that all players will fall in this range? I know some guys on teams buried on the depth chart will not preform near what the starters will, but I can't imagine some 40 rated player actually doing anything productive at all.

Also, is AWR used to mainly swing the ratings or is it somewhat of a standard setting? What I mean by this is that you have to already be a pretty elite athlete to play in the NFL (kickers aside) and I would think think technique over physical tools is what would separate the players. If that's the case, I'd think that drastically lower techniques would warrant a higher AWR vs just lowering AWR to adjust OVR's.

Basically what I mean is, maybe X players have X AWR range, Y have Y range, etc. Then what really drops a guy from 80 to a 45 is that he has a very limited skill set for his position.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Honestly bro instead of trying to do that all on your own, you should instead bring your ideas into the "Edits to fix up this game thread" as the main goal of the thread is to do what you intend to
Old 01-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

if this is for the 360, i can try and help. can't say i can put a ton of work into it because school just started back up for me, but i could put some time in here and there
Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd say scrap this idea because after 1 season of franchise the progression/draft is going to cause you to need to re-edit everyone again. Its too time consuming for what you get from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »