Home

Figured out new draft class trick:

This is a discussion on Figured out new draft class trick: within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Figured out new draft class trick:

Hey, gang....wanted to let you all know something that (maybe you already know...maybe you don't) works for keeping players from coming out into a draft class.

First thing's first: Make every player (Matt Barkley for example) that you want to stay in school second string in the depth chart.

Second: The player you want to stay in school must obviously not be a Senior.

Third: Make sure the first string player you put in place on the depth chart is absolutely a Senior (but give them average or below average ratings).

Fourth: You must run/simulate the season in NCAA 12 with no injuries whatsoever.

Doing all of this ensures that the player you want to stay / not transfer will stay in school because they are absolutely next in line to be said star player at their position, at their school (because the Senior in front of them must graduate - but at the same time, said Senior won't go into the draft because their ratings are poor compared to all the others you've set up high ratings to come out). Of course, with injuries turned off, those Seniors play all season, and the back up players you want to stay in school do not amass great stats to make the computer think they should leave school.

Again, sorry if all of you know this already, but I just figured it out and was amazed with the results. Now, if I could just figure out the spiky pad B.S. !!??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
Rookie

EZMoney's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Figured out new draft class trick:

Very good logical ideas. Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

jwjones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Hey, gang....wanted to let you all know something that (maybe you already know...maybe you don't) works for keeping players from coming out into a draft class.

First thing's first: Make every player (Matt Barkley for example) that you want to stay in school second string in the depth chart.

Second: The player you want to stay in school must obviously not be a Senior.

Third: Make sure the first string player you put in place on the depth chart is absolutely a Senior (but give them average or below average ratings).

Fourth: You must run/simulate the season in NCAA 12 with no injuries whatsoever.

Doing all of this ensures that the player you want to stay / not transfer will stay in school because they are absolutely next in line to be said star player at their position, at their school (because the Senior in front of them must graduate - but at the same time, said Senior won't go into the draft because their ratings are poor compared to all the others you've set up high ratings to come out). Of course, with injuries turned off, those Seniors play all season, and the back up players you want to stay in school do not amass great stats to make the computer think they should leave school.

Again, sorry if all of you know this already, but I just figured it out and was amazed with the results. Now, if I could just figure out the spiky pad B.S. !!??
We have heard alot of ideas but this is a first. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

Thanks. I hope it does help many of you.

As also stated, I'm seriously going to try to uncover the exact glitches for imported draft classes looking like NFL Blitz characters.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it comes down to going back a few years to when no glitches were happening and nailing down what accessories both games had in common, as well as finding out what height/weight number ratings they both had in common. I back this up by the following facts:

NCAA 12 will let you select any exact weight for a player. For example you can make A. Luck 237 lbs. Madden 12 only allows for 5 lbs. increments. I'm definitely betting on that to be a glitch area.

NCAA 12 doesn't have the same helmet types to choose from compared to Madden 12, though NCAA 12 has more facemask options. I'm betting that is a glitch area.

I've also noticed that NCAA 12 and Madden 12 have varying slider bar stop points when creating player leg, arm, shoulder pad, chest thicknesses and such. I want to see which they have absolutely in common, and I'm likely going to have to make sure there's never an in between rating used for any player that is wanted per import.

It's going to take a lot of work, but I'm on it. I will keep you all posted...likely in this thread, but I'll know to start another if the results are amazing, of course.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Rookie

EZMoney's Arena

Hope you do keep us updated in this post due to easy access.

I like what you are doing, keep up the good hard work.
I am tired of the weak draft classes being made and you might just be the one who can make some really good ones or at least give us details on how to do it on our own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have been working on this too. All my offensive linemen are skinny waist. Seems that if you go in the middle your generally safer.

Also if you look at players in NCAA12 some teams have larger shoulder pads than others and some players seem to even have larger shoulder pads in NCAA12 as well. Seems Stanford, Lsu for example have the larger pads..
Check out PS4 Madden 20 Roster file in Madden19 at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namYI1dXrKE

Donations can be made at: PayPal: [email protected]
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

Okay...here's what I've locked down for certain...of course, I need some of you to try it out and let me know your results.

Darron Thomas - QB - Oregon Ducks
ARM - 20
CHEST - 30
BELLY - 10
REAR - 0
THIGH - 0
CALF - 0
FEET - 5

SHOULDER PADS - 50
SHOULDER SLEEVES - STANDARD SLEEVES

The only attribute rating that I messed with was THROWING POWER - 90 - as I am thinking it may affect arm size according to Madden...just a guess at this point.

Anyway...every time that I import Darron Thomas, now (did this 7 times), he looks right. His pads need to be bumped in the Madden editor, but everything else is just right.

LaMichael James - RB - Oregon Ducks
ARM - 20
CHEST - 10
BELLY - 0
REAR - 0
THIGH - 0
CALF - 0
FEET - 5

SHOULDER PADS - 10
SHOULDER SLEEVES - STANDARD SLEEVES

Every time, LJ looks just right, now. You do have to bump up his pads some in the Madden editor, but that's it.

Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama Crimson Tide
ARM - 0
CHEST - 10
BELLY - 0
REAR - 0
THIGH - 10
CALF - 0
FEET - 5

SHOULDER PADS - 50
SHOULDER SLEEVES - TIGHT

In Madden, he always looks solid...no having to mess with pads at all.

Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford Cardinal
ARM - 0
CHEST - 30
BELLY - 20
REAR - 0
THIGH - 10
CALF - 0
FEET - 5

SHOULDER PADS - 0
SHOULDER SLEEVES - TIGHT

Luck needs a little attention to his pads in the Madden editor, but he doesn't need much.

Overall, I'm starting to deduct that any player weighing 205 to 215 needs ARM size at 20. Then players weighing from 216 to 225 need to have that ARM size reduced by 20 down to zero. It's almost offsetting the 20 pounds of difference. Also, though, you replace that 20 pounds in the heavier guys by bumping BELLY from 10 to 20 and then THIGH from 0 to 10. Again, though, do try this yourselves and get back to me on your results.

Thanks for pointing out the pads issue, too. I didn't think about the fact that Adidas, Nike and Reebok are in deed represented. I will now check this for every team that I can.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am curious if each file would have its own formula for lack of a better word. I will try your "recipe" and see if it works in my file. I have been just transfering the class in then looking at everyone and then going back and adjusting it.

Michael Brockers of LSU is a problem for me but I think I have been able to get the pads a bit milder so I am happy there.

I can't get a gut on any player. Have you seen a gut or belly on any player you have transferred in?
Check out PS4 Madden 20 Roster file in Madden19 at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namYI1dXrKE

Donations can be made at: PayPal: [email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »