Home

Attention all you sim folks still playing Madden 12

This is a discussion on Attention all you sim folks still playing Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Attention all you sim folks still playing Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENOUS
Quick question: if I start a game with the two-controller method will both teams use their own priority sliders? For instance if one team runs a 3-4 and the other a 4-3.
I am not sure of the answer to this. My findings previously indicated that the user priority settings control both sides. This could mean that regardless of anything the controller 1 priority settings control both. However, it could be otherwise, I am not sure.

It will be difficult to test, but you should be able to see the difference based on how players interact on the field.

Sorry that I haven't had much time to get into this thread recently, let alone get work done. As far as creating template playbooks, the goal of the project for me was to get each team to attack the user in their own way. I can't agree with the notion that all teams run more or less the same system. Sure, football is made up of basic elements that are essentially universal. However, each team has unique strategy that I would really like to see in the game. When I play the Jets, I want them to be creative with Tebow. I want to have the 49ers attack with Kapernick in the red zone. I want the Eagles to heavily use the screen game, and the Seahawks to pound the run game and use rollouts. Things like read option for the Panthers and Redskins. And that's not even taking into account the defenses.

I have gone back and forth on the idea of simplifying my plan for gameplans over and over and over again. The only issue that I truly have here is time. Honestly, I haven't even turned on my xbox for gaming in about a month haha. But every time I debate the issue in my head I come to the conclusion that the more comprehensive gameplans are the answer to a rewarding experience. Of course, I am also crazy. And all of the big talk is one thing...it really comes down to how much time I have to work on this. Recently it's been basically nothing. However, there are a few days this week where I should have a ton of time to spend on this. Hopefully there is some real progress there and I can have some hope that this will get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Attention all you sim folks still playing Madden 12

anybody still playing this on Ps3? I got a small franchise looking for people to join.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »