Home

pistol formation

This is a discussion on pistol formation within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
pistol formation

As we witnessed this season, pistol formation has surprised many defenses and the fans. It slows down the edge rushers due to the complication of read option (hb Qb option, reverse option, play action option, and etc). we just saw past weekend how athletic qbs can make elite (well sort of) defense look silly.
If I am correct Skins, Seahawks, panthers, and 49ers used pistol formation past season. And due to the success of this formation, I believe many teams will implement this formation depending on personnel and give second chances to players such as Vick, Tebow, Pryor, and even Jake Locker and Joe Webb.

My question is.... is there a pistol formation offense that WORKS in madden 12? I understand play action and these option play has been stuffed very easily by computer defense since they read and react this option plays right away. I see there are many re-rated rosters/sliders IOT make things realistic as possible. I think it would be very cool to implement pistol formation with lots of option and qb option plays to make things even interesting. I am an Eagles fan that gave up on Vick probably during pre-season, but more and more these young mobile qbs make easy read due to confusion on opponent D and making exciting runs and throws, I feel like I would like to give another chance to Vick with this pistol formation....

So anyone have a base pistol formation that works with proper roster and slider?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »