Home

Breaking News For roster editors!

This is a discussion on Breaking News For roster editors! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Breaking News For roster editors!

I am not sure is this has been discovered but just today I found out that when a custom roster is used a couple of things happen. The first thing is probably well known. It is an equipment error that puts a flak jacket on everyone. The only way th avoid this is to remove all backplates and flak jackets before you start the franchise. The other thing is major. All traits that are yes or no in the menu always switch to the opposite of whatever you have it on when you start the franchise. For example if I have a reciever that has yes for sideline catches and no for dropped passes, when the franchise is started with a custom roster they change to no for sideline catches and yes for dropped passes. This also applies to yes or no traits on defense and the clutch trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Rookie

skwhatwhat's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon11 Re: Breaking News For roster editors!

If true,

That sucks because even on the latest CCM roster, Alex Smith is the likely starter for the 49ers... stuff like that.

Just another example that we all received half a game last year. and that we lost more features and options than we gained, when put up against the previous title.

Uber Friggin Frustrating!

That said, I have to get my football fix and CCM is a kinda cool concept going forward. But the game has never played quite right after 4 Title Updates now...
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Breaking News For roster editors!

the flack jacket thing bothers me alil but as far as the traits go i meen that does suck bit weve been playin madden games for years without the traits so that doesnt bother me too much but thankx for the heads up
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

So this means any file that is edited with or without the Madden Editor has the potential for these issues?

Is the only way not to encounter these problems is to use the official Madden roster updates then?

If true that really sucks. I spent a lot of time tweaking my roster since fall and am already almost one season in. I don't want to start over but this glitch would really damper my interest in the game.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

If true....

Way to go EA...this sounds like the exact same problem NCAA had 2 years ago. Awesome.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
So this means any file that is edited with or without the Madden Editor has the potential for these issues?

Is the only way not to encounter these problems is to use the official Madden roster updates then?

If true that really sucks. I spent a lot of time tweaking my roster since fall and am already almost one season in. I don't want to start over but this glitch would really damper my interest in the game.
I am not sure if these issues apply to rosters edited in the roster editor. I would imagine that they do, but I have no way to test this for sure.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Rookie

macca2509's Arena

OVR: 2

Ye its the same after using the editor...and also effects Play Now.

Last edited by macca2509; 04-03-2013 at 05:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »