Home

Is there a way to put a madden 12 or 13 roster on madden 10 for xbox360?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to put a madden 12 or 13 roster on madden 10 for xbox360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
Rookie

DFranks24Fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is there a way to put a madden 12 or 13 roster on madden 10 for xbox360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
So I spent a lot of time last night figuring out how to port the latest 360 roster for madden 13 I could find here at OS...
I ran into a few issues with the instructions but they DO work with modifications -
There are SO many players (free agents + preseason rosters) that when we need to import the converted csv back into the .mc02 file, the madden roster editor skips all rows after about 2,145 or so .
So the conversion works but you end up missing any players who happen to be listed later in the csv like... Aaron Rodgers in my case or Jay Cutler... basically it all gets bad quickly.
There's another problem and thats with the xls conversion file from the OP... the madden 10 tab doesnt have enough rows some times so you have to copy and paste the formulas so that you have at least as many rows in the madden 10 tab as you do in the madden 13 tab.

The solution is three fold:
- BEFORE doing anything, if possible, take a look at your source (madden 13) roster. Make sure teams are at about 53 (doesnt have to be exact at this phase apparently) total players. I happen to own m13... so i spent about 30-40 minutes manually trimming team-by-team position-by-position. Yes its not 100% accurate but i tried to be careful and not trim young guys just because they're rated low.
- In your SOURCE csv file...the one made from your source roster... use excel's filters etc on columns like POVR (ovr rating) and PAGE (age) and filter on TGID=1009 (this will focus you on free agents only) and delete free agents using a strategy you like. Remember - your total number of players should be around 2,145...so shoot for 450 free agents or so. No guarantees but that should do most of the trick.
- After clearing the madden 13 tab in the conversion sheet, go to the madden 10 tab and make sure you copy from it and paste into the bottom enough rows to match the # of players in your madden 13 roster.

After you do this - it should all work!!!
And if any of you keep having issues and dont mind an inaccurate roster but one based on the preseason 360 roster posted here at OS let me know and i'll post my file.

Once we get a week 1 xbox360 2013 madden 13 roster, the 53 player issue should be resolved.

Edit: I've been able to play a game against the colts with the packers. Epic matchup and Andrew Luck is as good as advertised. Cool presentation elements like the game focusing on casey hayward for the packers at warmups and saying he's a 2 year guy out of vanderbuilt. He didn't exist in the game when madden 10 was made! Ran roughshod with eddie lacy.
It would be awesome if you could post your file!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Edit: Forgot to thank the OP! Thanks so much for your instructions, xls file, and time! Love the folks here at OS! And thanks to the folks who provided the original pre week1 madden 13 rosters based on madden 25!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFranks24Fan
It would be awesome if you could post your file!
Sure! Here you go...
I noticed though that the free agency pool is o.k. but there's only one kicker in it .
Also - there are a few duplicate rookies in the free agency pool too -- but hey better than nothing right?
Hope someone can take the stuff i posted earlier and make a better roster than this for m10!
Let me know how it works out for you.

In the attached zip is a .mc02 file that you need to inject into an existing madden 10 save file via Horizon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROSTER-MADDEN10-2013.zip (282.3 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by H4wduk3n; 09-12-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Rookie

Oh boy, just noticed that some players' cleats are invisible during the game. Wonder if I need to add a step to set their shoes all to default or something?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Oh boy, just noticed that some players' cleats are invisible during the game. Wonder if I need to add a step to set their shoes all to default or something?
As long as it's just the cleats,and not the whole player lol.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
Rookie

DFranks24Fan's Arena

Quote:
Edit: Forgot to thank the OP! Thanks so much for your instructions, xls file, and time! Love the folks here at OS! And thanks to the folks who provided the original pre week1 madden 13 rosters based on madden 25!

Sure! Here you go...
I noticed though that the free agency pool is o.k. but there's only one kicker in it .
Also - there are a few duplicate rookies in the free agency pool too -- but hey better than nothing right?
Hope someone can take the stuff i posted earlier and make a better roster than this for m10!
Let me know how it works out for you.

In the attached zip is a .mc02 file that you need to inject into an existing madden 10 save file via Horizon.
How do i put the MC02 File onto madden 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Easiest way I'd say is to first save a roster file from your madden 10 game - even default roster should work - onto a usb stick.
Then put the usb stick in your PC and open the Horizon software (available via several posts in this forum).
Then, inside horizon, you will see your madden 10 game save folder on your stick.
Double click the roster save and it will open a little window inside horizon.
In that little window go to contents.
Then click the existing file in the contents view and select replace.
Then select the new .mc02 file I posted.
Finally, click save, rehash, resign.
Put the usb stick back in the xbox 360 and load the roster from it.
You'll be good to go.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
Rookie

DFranks24Fan's Arena

Quote:
Easiest way I'd say is to first save a roster file from your madden 10 game - even default roster should work - onto a usb stick.
Then put the usb stick in your PC and open the Horizon software (available via several posts in this forum).
Then, inside horizon, you will see your madden 10 game save folder on your stick.
You'll be good to go.

thanks man
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Rookie

snoopaloopa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You'll be good to go.

Great roster man, did you or anyone else have freezing issues with it though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »