Home

Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9
Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

Since Madden 25 is going to make it easy to share rosters, I'm inspired to work on a roster with realistic ratings and not just the opinions of one guy at EA. Ideally, I'd like someone who is an expert at one team do the ratings for each team, but I'm realistic and would simply like one person for each division. I'm confident in my knowledge of the AFC East rosters, and know the Jets inside and out. Wondering who would be interested in working on the ratings for other divisions and teams so we can get all the ratings organized in one spreadsheet and I can just input them all in on release day and upload to Madden share for use in Connected Careers. At most I can do AFC East and free agents, so definitely will need plenty of help here. Post if interested in contributing and what you'd be able to do.

And just to clarify, when I say ratings I mean each individual rating and traits (relative to position, don't need to do WRs tackle ratings etc) and not simply overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Since Madden 25 is going to make it easy to share rosters, I'm inspired to work on a roster with realistic ratings and not just the opinions of one guy at EA. Ideally, I'd like someone who is an expert at one team do the ratings for each team, but I'm realistic and would simply like one person for each division. I'm confident in my knowledge of the AFC East rosters, and know the Jets inside and out. Wondering who would be interested in working on the ratings for other divisions and teams so we can get all the ratings organized in one spreadsheet and I can just input them all in on release day and upload to Madden share for use in Connected Careers. At most I can do AFC East and free agents, so definitely will need plenty of help here. Post if interested in contributing and what you'd be able to do.

And just to clarify, when I say ratings I mean each individual rating and traits (relative to position, don't need to do WRs tackle ratings etc) and not simply overall
Instead of a spreadsheet why not have someone do their division, then upload it, then you could download that, edit your division, upload and rinse wash repeat for whoever assists you in the process, completely eliminates any need for a spreadsheet. As each user would have an assigned order/deadline to upload their division.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Pro

servo75's Arena

Icon3 Re: Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Instead of a spreadsheet why not have someone do their division, then upload it, then you could download that, edit your division, upload and rinse wash repeat for whoever assists you in the process, completely eliminates any need for a spreadsheet. As each user would have an assigned order/deadline to upload their division.
First, this sounds like a really fun project!! I'm a stats & numbers geek, so I'd love to work on this.

IMHO I don't think it should be one person per team/division since unintended biases can arise. Another problem with users doing each team is that we would need to have pre-defined standards of what are "excellent", "good", "average" numbers at each position are, and that would be difficult to coordinate among 32, or even 8, creators. My suggestion would be to rate players globally by position and skill. The game tends to, for example, rate OVR on a symmetric scale with a few (but still too many) high rated players, a lot of average players and a few "roster fillers". I envision rating the, say, 80 QBs in order, and fitting it to a normal (bell curve) distribution, with an average rating of 77 (since 77 is halfway between 55 & 99). Then determine, say that there are 36 starting QBs (yes there are 32 teams but there are always QB controversies, and some teams have good depth), so the top half of the distribution (77 and up) are starters, 84 is solid starter, and the best QBs are above 90. (These are just example numbers).

Sorry, I have a degree in statistics so apologies if I'm being too technical here. In layman's terms, we "grade" all players on a curve, with a pre-determined number of players getting each rating.

I think that there are TOO MANY players of all positions rated close to 99. If you have an all-time team you will have most players 96-99. But how many current NFL players will be on the all-time list of best players?? For QBs maybe 3 at best. So there should only be 2 or 3 QBs rated 95 or higher. I'd therefore set the distribution such that 3.8% (3 of 80) of QBs would be above 95.

These are just some opening thoughts. Obviously we'd have to agree what the distributions should be for each position at each important rating. From then it becomes a matter of ranking players at each skill, then fitting them to a pre-set distribution. I think it would be more efficient to have, maybe 1-2 people (i.e. us) per POSITION, rather than division. What do you think?

Last edited by servo75; 07-28-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

personally i dont think just having people randomly change ratings to players on their favorite team is the right way to go. i am interested in doing this. for ps3. i personally did this for madden 12. i def changed the way the game played and people really enjoyed it. i will post below the link to the thread and also what i did to every single player in the game. it spreads out the ratings but its a consistent process. lowering every players rating between 7 and 9 points.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ad-roster.html

Now i use ps3. the xbox guys can hex edit and i believe globally edit so they can get these done a lot faster than we can. i am looking for minimum 5 guys on ps3 to work together to edit every team as well as free agents.

for any draft class creators out there. i would like you to use these as your base for creating draft classes. or editing them. now there are a few things that will be changed from my madden 12 edit in this years version. but i will explain every edit below.

first a few rules.

1. all physical attributes remain unchaged (strength, speed, throw power, jumping etc)

2. agility is an exception to that rule. for ever player, agility must be either raised or lowered to match the player acceleration rating.

3. no rating shall be reduced below 25.

4. no traits shall be touched.

5. Every player in the game (except kickers and punters) will receive a -10 in awareness. if that player is a veteran starter. you are finished. if that player is a back up, reduce his awareness rating an additional -5. If that player is a rookie reduce his awareness an additional -5.

for free agents, every player no matter what gets a -20 in awareness. there are so many upper 80 rated players in madden free agent pool. if they were that good they wouldnt be a free agent.

the most any player should lose in awareness rating is -20. awareness is the most influential rating as far as overall rating is concerned as well as gameplay.

6. all offensive positions receive -10 in "release" and all defensive players receive -10 in "press" where applicable

7.every player receives a -10 in all attributes that arent directly related to their position and -5 in each rating that does. i'll explain

all qb's receive a -5 rating in throwing accuracy, play action, short throw accuracy, mid, and deep and throw on the run. they then receive a -10 in everything not directly related to them. carrying, elusiveness, juke. spin, stiff arm. etc.

some trickiness to this is that some positions you might think attributes apply too but in my effort to tone down all the over powered players in this game. they dont.

the best example is between running backs (this includes fullbacks)and wrs/te's

running backs receive only a -5 for their carry rating along with juke, spin, stiff arm etc but get a -10 for catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, route running.

wr's and te's get only a -5 for catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch and route running but receive a -10 for carrying, stiff arm, juke, elusiveness, etc.

on all offense all players receive -10 to all block ratings except tight ends,fullbacks and o-lineman. they only receive -5 in each.

defensively, all defensive players get -5 in all defensive categories. and -5 in all catch related categories. they also get -10 in all carry and juke, spin etc where applicable.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Seems like you could just apply this concept to sliders, and it would make it a lot simpler. We used them in our M13 League/Community which greatly improved gameplay and realism.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Seems like you could just apply this concept to sliders, and it would make it a lot simpler. We used them in our M13 League/Community which greatly improved gameplay and realism.
sliders fix gameplay....but roster edits do help big time. and also fix the ratings beind waaay to high. spreads them out like they should be. makes franchise mode better and just and overall feeling. unproven qbs should not be in the 70's....they should be in the 60's. and that is exactly what roster edits can do.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Why dont you guys use the FBG website. Their ratings are based off of scouts data and supposedly make the game play very well. If you get enough people it shouldnt be hard. Just a suggestion to keep the attributes stat based and unbiased

Id be willing to help if this was the way you went

Last edited by BEasy20; 08-22-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Pro

servo75's Arena

I'm willing to help too. What is the "FBG" website??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »