Home

Calling all OSers who are interested - SECElit3's And Community FBG Rerated R...

This is a discussion on Calling all OSers who are interested - SECElit3's And Community FBG Rerated R... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Calling all OSers who are interested - SECElit3's And Community FBG Rerated R...

Similarly for squats...

this is why power lifters are generally shorter...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Calling all OSers who are interested - SECElit3's And Community FBG Rerated R...

Lol I have 32 inch arms and I did 41 reps...anyhow that definitely should be considered.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #51
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xian11
Does FBG ratings consider arm length? 35 reps with 33+ inch arms is nothing to sneeze at.
No. The bench test at the combine and pro days is not as accurate a measure for determining overall upper body strength as the 1RM in the bench press (a combination lift, meant for max effort, that utilizes multiple muscle groups). Since it is not as accurate of an indicator, we do not use it.

There is a lot of scholarly work to support this. I recommend the works by Arce, Arnold, Bale, Graham, O'Shea, Schmidt, and Seiler. All have been or are currently employed by research universities around the world for their work in kineseology, kinematics, biomechanics, sports science, and sports nutrition.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #52
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Lol I have 32 inch arms and I did 41 reps...anyhow that definitely should be considered.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The only consideration we make is for the 1RM and any other factors including injuries.
NFL Scout

Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
No. The bench test at the combine and pro days is not as accurate a measure for determining overall upper body strength as the 1RM in the bench press (a combination lift, meant for max effort, that utilizes multiple muscle groups). Since it is not as accurate of an indicator, we do not use it.

There is a lot of scholarly work to support this. I recommend the works by Arce, Arnold, Bale, Graham, O'Shea, Schmidt, and Seiler. All have been or are currently employed by research universities around the world for their work in kineseology, kinematics, biomechanics, sports science, and sports nutrition.
I'm not talking about reps, this goes for 1RM as well...

Powerlifting (which is traditionally 1RM competitions) is dominated by short, stubby frames. You don't need to consult with the kinesiology dept to see why this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(physics)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #54
Rookie

I understand that there's no end to how accurate rosters can be and so at a certain point we have to accept limitations, but length of limbs is too significant to overlook.

BTW, how do we see their injury status on the website?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #55
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xian11
I'm not talking about reps, this goes for 1RM as well...

Powerlifting (which is traditionally 1RM competitions) is dominated by short, stubby frames. You don't need to consult with the kinesiology dept to see why this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(physics)
I never disputed what you said about arm length. We do not use it as a factor because it was not deemed to be significant enough for our purposes. If you would like to create your own parameters or ratings, feel free, but FBG Ratings will not implement arm length into determining strength ratings per advice sought during our research.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

PSN: Blazelore
FBG rerated rosters
AFC East
NFC East
NFC North
Cleveland Browns...the rest of AFC North will be completed later tonight into tomorrow.

Try them out in the mean time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »