Home

VTCRB Madden 25 Roster Project(Xbox360)

This is a discussion on VTCRB Madden 25 Roster Project(Xbox360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: VTCRB Madden 25 Roster Project(Xbox360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
Looking forward to the set.

But I've always been curious about something - it doesn't matter who the roster maker is, it can be custom or it can be an official EA set - what the hell has Sam Bradford ever done in his career to warrant an 86+ overall rating? I'm a Rams fan, so I can honestly say, if I had to choose between Crapson Palmer, Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler or Sam Bradford, I'd have to think about it for about a week. He's even rated higher than Andy Dalton, who has already done more than Bradford has.

Even when I turn on the TV, I hear about the Rams franchise superstar quarterback. I'm like the only person on the planet who seems to see a guy who can barely crack 59%, 20 TDs in a single season.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work.

The thing with Overall Rating is that it goes by what EA has hardcoded in the game, as far as calculating into Overall Rating. As with NBA 2k Edits I made, I just Edit to a players strengths and weaknesses, and do the same with Madden. I think this will be the year that Bradford takes a Major step forward with the weapons around him. Really hoping Givens steps up, got him in a couple Fantasy Leagues. LOL

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENOUS
Speed-wise, I believe they took in to account the combination of speed, acceleration, and anything else that has an effect to get everyone's realistic straight-line 40 time represented in the game (so while Collins might have similar speed to Peppers I'm guessing his ACC will be a lot lower?). If you want the most realistic "physical" ratings, I'd really base those off of their stuff (no way you could possibly put more research into it than they have) and focus more on changing "mental" ratings.

As for stuff like kick return ratings, apparently the game is playing very realistically for those who are trying it, and they're aimed at working with default, untweaked sliders. A lot of stud players have low "ratings", but from all reports of people actually using the rosters, the dominant players do stand out in-game. Brandon Marshall is the lowest "overall" rated receiver on the Bears, but he's still obviously the best WR on the roster if you take him in-game and try it out.

Draft classes will definitely need to be figured out, as the default ones obviously won't work with re-rated rosters. One thing that might help is coming up with an "effective 99" for different positions. For example, everyone on defense that has a 99 awareness at a position other than MLB would be automatically adjusted to 89 or 79 awareness (and 98 to 88 or 78 and so on) to keep tackle stats true-to-life. Every incoming rookie could be edited down to stay in par with your "effective 99s."

I always thought Madden would require two separate rosters anyway: one for accurate (as possible) sim stats, and another for accurate gameplay. For the most realistic franchise you'd have to have "sim" rosters loaded, then use the editor to load "gameplay" rosters for the two (or more) teams you want to use in-game each week. With custom rosters this is particularly true: I read simming through a season with the FBG rosters yields really low TD totals.

I'm still trying to play on 12, as I haven't read anything to indicate that CCM mode from 13 and 25 is better than the good old franchise mode. Last year you couldn't have 32 team control, and this year apparently you can't edit players in-game, or even edit franchises via the roster editor yet. Thus I haven't yet had a chance to actually play with FBG rosters, I'm just basing this off things I've read. If people figure out editing franchise files in the new Madden with the editor, it might be worth picking up. Until then, I'd be stuck using rosters tailored either to sim results or gameplay, without being able to do both at once.

EDIT: Speed, as you would expect, represents a player's top end speed, while Acceleration represents how quickly he gets to that top speed. Madden has always been notorious for overvaluing speed, but if you look at how actual NFL plays work, most players never end up reaching top speed on most plays anyway. This would hold particularly true in the trenches, so ACC would (should) be way more important than SPD here. Not very often you see a player run a straight sprint 40 yards down field (maybe WRs sometimes, but then how much does that matter on a slant, hook, etc. route?). The reduced (more realistic) speed for a lot of players borks their overall rating, but the other "mental" ratings in the game are used to make them play like dominant players in spite of this. It's just not reflected by OVRs. I really don't know how they tested and came up with non-"physical" ratings, but I'm sure they did it with nothing but realistic gameplay in mind. In Hester's case, I'd say maybe his return rating is low to compensate for the fact that he is actually really fast, and the combination of "physical" ratings with that KR rating still makes him the best returner in-game.

Thanks for all the info. I completely agree with Accel being MORE important than Speed in the game and have all the players I have rated so for edited that way.

This is what FBG had, Peppers Speed is 73 and Accel is 69, while Collins is 64 Speed and 63 Accel. Sp no BIG difference in too completely different players. Also I didnt realize they tested on Default Sliders, as I dont do that. Again thanks for all the info and I appreciate any further insight.

Last edited by vtcrb; 09-05-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Mc Dre
Madden has people fooled into thinking that a player's 40 times dictates how "FAST THEY PLAY", That is "MAJOR" incorrect... If you take into account your take on speed i agree 100% but where one of the reason the games doesn't dictate speed well is they don't dictate it by "POSITION".. Example.. A Safety like Michael Huff for example speed rating should be in 96-97 range to make him stick out over a Safety like Matt Elam who speed would be closer to 90 but his closing speed would be higher because of big hitter status.. Madden seemed to try to implement it with the "Roles" which 2K implements correctly... A MLB like Arthur Brown speed rating should be 87 ( 82 is way to slow).. I laughed when I saw that his acc and agl where 87 if you look at the default roster.. I said maybe that was a coding mistake but obviously someone has an 87 in mind for him.. If you made players stick out more as far as KR/PR: Jacoby, Hester, you have to take in account how fast they return vs. how fast they run routes or there hands when catching the football..
EA's Default stuff is Crazy on alot of players I have looked at. All Hester Really is good at is KR and that is how he stays in the league and on the Bears. I mean a KR rating as low as his I just cant do. LOL. I mean Forte has a 63 KR rating and Hester has a 53 KR Rating. I must have missed all the Highlight reel Returns that Forte has had in his Career. LOL. I know they have their reasons for their Ratings, but i dont feel it fits the mold I am trying to make this Roster into.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

After reading the GREAT Feedback and Suggestions, I am retweaking some things from DEMO and will be Re-Releasing it for you guys to test out. Please keep suggestions coming.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

I just Uploaded V2 of the Rams/Bears Demo. I like you all will enjoy the tweaks I have Made. Nothing Drastic, but a few lingering things EXOGENESIS and I Saw. Also EXO is remaking his Slider Set. so I am removing it from the 1st Post.

File Name: SEPT5
Gamertag: VTCRB

Off-Line Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/25...-RAMSBEARSDEMO

Last edited by vtcrb; 09-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #30
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Thanks for all the info. I completely agree with Accel being MORE important than Speed in the game and have all the players I have rated so for edited that way.

This is what FBG had, Peppers Speed is 73 and Accel is 69, while Collins is 64 Speed and 63 Accel. Sp no BIG difference in too completely different players. Also I didnt realize they tested on Default Sliders, as I dont do that. Again thanks for all the info and I appreciate any further insight.
Yeah, afaik everyone's combination of speed/acc in FBG will get them to run a realistic straight-line 40 in the Madden world. Then again, the difference between 4.5 and 5 is only half a second, so players might be rated closer than what we expect from having looked at Madden ratings all these years.

Personally I prefer all sliders to be at or close to 0 (again based on info I read). I usually play (on '12) with QB Acc at 5, WR Catching at 55 (to make them actually attempt to catch passes they'd otherwise frustratingly ignore), Fumbles on 10, INTs on 55 (to balance out Catching, just like "Catching" affects route running also, INTs affect defenses ability to play D, especially with Pass Reaction on 0), and everything else at 0.

This is because I read that anything above 0 starts to give artificial boosts to all players, and minimizes the skill gap between individuals. I'd really be interested in a roster set that works with mostly 0-d out sliders.

Then I'd have to revisit how I set up penalties, because I'm reading now that they affect gameplay and I'd rather tweak them for that than getting realistic amounts of penalties called (have to pick your battles in this game).
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

OVR: 0

I should add also that getting a realistic game is a combination of not only roster and slider edits, but also revamped playbooks. I haven't looked to see if that's available in '13 and/or 25 (yet another reason I'll stick with '12 for the time being), but at a bare minimum you want to take out all the 7-8 man blitzes on D, and the four vertical type plays on offense (for obvious reasons these lead to unrealistic gameplay).

Then if you want further realism, you need to tailor each playbook/gameplan to match its respective team (like Cam being essentially the goalline back for the Panthers, or that Bill Belicheck runs on 3rd and 1 more than any other coach in NFL history, or that NFL teams on average run outside the tackles only about 15% of run plays, but Andy Reid does it close to 40% of run plays; stuff like that).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENOUS
I should add also that getting a realistic game is a combination of not only roster and slider edits, but also revamped playbooks. I haven't looked to see if that's available in '13 and/or 25 (yet another reason I'll stick with '12 for the time being), but at a bare minimum you want to take out all the 7-8 man blitzes on D, and the four vertical type plays on offense (for obvious reasons these lead to unrealistic gameplay).

Then if you want further realism, you need to tailor each playbook/gameplan to match its respective team (like Cam being essentially the goalline back for the Panthers, or that Bill Belicheck runs on 3rd and 1 more than any other coach in NFL history, or that NFL teams on average run outside the tackles only about 15% of run plays, but Andy Reid does it close to 40% of run plays; stuff like that).
Great info. We will try digging into the playbooks as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »