Home

Madden 2004 Football Roster - PS2 - eastsidedelirium

This is a discussion on Madden 2004 Football Roster - PS2 - eastsidedelirium within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Madden 2004 Football Roster - PS2 - eastsidedelirium

Submitted By: eastsidedelirium
Date: 4/19/2004
Updated : 5/07/2004
Download File: MaddenNFSave5620646700.zip

Author's Comment:

Quote:

Franchise Save Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gang,

First, I would like to thank thenumber2 for all of his hard work. I took his franchise save, put all of the draftee's on their correct teams, updated all of the rosters, fixed a couple of the salary cap problems, worked on depth charts, and gave all the players their correct jersey numbers.

Ok, now a few side notes:

BEFORE YOU PLAY ANY GAMES, TURN THE SALARY CAP BACK ON, AND SET ALL OF THE TEAMS THAT YOU ARE NOT CONTROLLING TO CPU CONTROL.

I based all of the depth charts and jersey numbers on the info found at ourlads.com. You can fix the depth charts to you liking, but they are current as of May 5th.

Due to the fact the I didn't want to tackle the task of making scrubs just to fill the roster spots, I used faceless scrubs from the free agent area, and turned them into the roster fillers. None of the players that I used are on teams as of May 5th. I also used some free agent rookies that were not drafted, and turned them into rookies that are on teams. All of the info on any transformed players (ie height, weight, school) was updated.

In order to fix the salary cap problem, I turned the cap off, and cut some older, higher paid players. I then resigned them for less money. Any really old players (Rice, Gannon, Brown) I signed them to long term low money deals because these players will most likely retire within the next two years. Length of contract doesn't matter too much.

There are going to be some players in the free agent area that belong on teams. Due to the size of current NFL rosters, not everyone can be on the team that they are supposed to. I released the lowest rated players that, in all likelyhood, will be cut in real life. I also made a couple of assumption cuts like Kurt Warner and Tim Couch.

I did all of the suggested draft pick trades that thenumber2 listed, and I also gave the Chargers the Giants first and fifth round picks for the 2005 draft. I also fixed the colleges from the players that he listed. I left Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams in the free agent area, due with them what you will.

The franchise save will begin at the training camp point of the 2004-2005 season. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks again to thenumber2: I am not trying to take credit for your work, I simply did this for the sole purpose of playing the season with the rookies on their correct teams. Now, I am sharing it with all of you. Good luck, enjoy.

East Side Delirium

NOTE: This thread is for the discussion of these rosters only. Comments, corrections, updates, thanks, etc., are all welcome.

If you have questions about rosters for other games, either use the thread dedicated to it, or use the general Roster File Discussion thread.

If you have questions about how to use your Sharkport/X-Port device (or are having trouble), please use the Action Replay/X-Port/Sharkport FAQ. Read it, see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't, post your question.

Any posts that belong elsewhere will either be moved, or simply deleted. This thread is for the discussion of this roster file only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 2004 Football Roster - PS2 - eastsidedelirium

Hey guys. Only some of the depth charts have been done for teams. If anyone wishes to do them more in depth, you can visit ourlads.com for the most recent NFL depth charts. I am going to start a franchise, simulate year one, and make sure all of the players that have re-signed are on the correct teams. If this turns out OK, I will post it as well. Also, Corey Dillon was just traded to the Pats, so make sure you do that before you start. Enjoy.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Loaded them up last night. Nice Rosters.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks, but now my ultimate irony is that I cannot start a franchise. After playing the game every day since August, I took a month off to play baseball. Now, my Madden freezes every time I try to start a franchise. Rule of thumb, never stop playing the game. Needless to say I cannot post the season save as I originally planned, and I probably won't keep up on the rosters. At least it will be easier for everyone else to keep up now. Enjoy the file, good luck.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

I have the same problem (freexing when trying to start a franchise) with your rosters. Don't know why, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2004, 10:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Probably Overuse. I lost track of how many times I simmed the first season of Madden 2004. That might have something to do with it. Oh well, four more months.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Im using a shakport here, any one else having problems with a sharkport?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:36 PM   #8
Rookie

I think that it must be something with updating the roster that Madden doesn't like, since I can do a franchise with other rosters just fine except for another post-draft file. Maybe Madden chokes at excess editing or something, I'm not sure.
Maybe we'll have to wait until Madden 05, or just do a franchise file with an imported draft class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »