Home

need help downloading rosters for xbox

This is a discussion on need help downloading rosters for xbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18
need help downloading rosters for xbox

i try to download a set of rosters and i go to save the file to my action replay and this is what it says

You do not have permission to open this file
See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission

how do i download them

this is what it says on OS and codejunkies.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: need help downloading rosters for xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
i try to download a set of rosters and i go to save the file to my action replay and this is what it says

You do not have permission to open this file
See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission

how do i download them

this is what it says on OS and codejunkies.com
The only way I know how to do get files to work is to delete the dateline.info file from the big file. But to do this, you must right click on dowloaded file and click "Explore." From here, it takes you to the Windows Explorer view where you can then drag it onto you AR screen. It should work. If you keep getting error messages when trying to copy it to your X-Box Hardrive or simply trying to load it from your memory card, it's probably because your AR Replay needs to be sent back or the file is corrupt. Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
MVP

koebner's Arena

Have you succesfully downloaded the zip file to your desktop?If so,just click and drag the file(without opening or unzipping it)to the AR mem.card.If you're not even able to download the file to your desktop,I'm not sure what the problem may be.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
Have you succesfully downloaded the zip file to your desktop?If so,just click and drag the file(without opening or unzipping it)to the AR mem.card.If you're not even able to download the file to your desktop,I'm not sure what the problem may be.
this is how i did it. I click d/l it asks me where to save it i saved it to the desktop it downloads then asks me to either open open folder or cancel which do i click
Old 09-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
this is how i did it. I click d/l it asks me where to save it i saved it to the desktop it downloads then asks me to either open open folder or cancel which do i click
open it and make sure to delete the 'datelinfo' line. Then hit the 'x' to close it again then drag it into the Action Replay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
open it and make sure to delete the 'datelinfo' line. Then hit the 'x' to close it again then drag it into the Action Replay.
what is the datelinfo? and when i hit x to close it do i save the file or not? and also when you say drag it do you mean drag the icon of the file from the desk top to the action replay
Old 09-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #7
MVP

koebner's Arena

Yes,drag the files' icon to the AR mem.card section.Most files here at OS do not need to have the datel.info file deleted in my experience.This year, for example,the Fairdale Kings stuff,the EA Madden update,the xrob ESPN and irondudez ESPN stuff all transfers and loads perfectly.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #8
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

Hey i got everything done, but the only thing it does not let me do is drag and drop ANYTHING into the memory card section. It lets me drop and drag files from codejunkie.com to pc data and pc to code. but it doesn't let me drop it to the memory card.. any help would be helpfully

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »