Home

Solution's All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Solution's All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Solution's All Madden Sliders

Great to be with you guys!
I was taking a look at these sliders, and I think we can all be assured, everyone needs their own sliders for their style of game. However, I would have to be honest, I think I play as true to an NFL style game as anyone does. I don't throw deep all the time, I read the defense...I have a well balanced run to pass ratio. Anyways, I'm gonna post mine, and you can go from there.

I will post them as Human/CPU and 1 to 20, left to right, and of course 10 is the default. Then at the bottom, I will explain some of my reasons for them.

QB Accuracy 10/6
Pass Block 10/10
WR catch 10/10
RB Ability 10/20
Run Block 10/10

Awareness 10/11
Knockdowns 20/11
Int 10/10
Break Block 15/11
Tackle 6/6

Kick Power 10/10
Kick Accur 10/0
Punt length 10/11
Punt Accur 10/11
Kickoff L 9/9

Okay, as you can see, I'm a fan of equality. I don't want to take a big advantage over the cpu. And we all know that all madden already takes one on us at times. The first thing you might notice is QB accuracy. By putting the cpu at 6, it seems to affect the speed of their throw rather than the accuracy. This allows to take control at times the DB and attempt a play on the ball. You can flirt with this some, I've tried 7, but I find at 7, the cpu tears me to shreds still, a 6 seems to be perfect.
The next you might have taken note of is RB ability. I think we have all noticed the lack of running by the cpu. By putting the RB ability to 20, the cpu actually makes great jukes and spin moves and stiff arms. I find it a real challenge to hold the cpu to under 100 yards. They seem to break big runs occaisionally.
Next, knockdowns. this is one of only two sliders I really tilt in my favor. I think it's a neccessity! Don't let the large number fool you, the cpu is very deadly still. But having knockdowns cranked up to 20 seems to add some realism to my defense.
The other slider tilted in my favor is the break block. It's a must! With the cpu pass block and run block at 10, they are dominating at times, especially to have a pass rush you need this. You'll be surprised how well this seems to work. In an entire game (13 min quarters) I can come anywhere from 0 to 5 sacks regularly, that's realism at its best. Not too mention, if you want your D-linemen to get tackles (which they need somewhere between 25-50 to be decent and progress) you need them to be able to break run blocks and get to the ball carrier. This slider adjustment makes it happen.
Finally, tackles....I turn this down for both of us because I began to notice that over the course of a season, cpu controlled simmed RB's were breaking as many as 6 times the amount of tackles as I and the cpu teams I was playing were. By reducing tackles, there are more missed tackles (which is the way of the NFL these days). I think this also puts an imphasis of acquireing guys who tackle well. As opposed to getting a corner with a 42 tackle who never seems to miss one.
Please try them before you comment on them, I think you'll find they're really good, however if you're not a very good all madden player, you may need to adjust, thats what the sliders are for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Solution's All Madden Sliders

well, I was hoping for some sort of response at some point. Perhaps you all are trying them first. I think you'll really love them. Feedback would be great!
Old 12-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

i'm playing nfl 2k5 at the moment with some adjusted sliders

but tonight or when i wake up tomorrow i'll def give these a crack at it

i've been looking for some true sim sliders that give me a run for my money at stopping the run, and the AI passing game being taken down a notch.

hopefully these will work out for me as they did yourself
Old 12-05-2004, 01:59 AM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm doing a Texans chise and I just turned it up to all-madden where I got my *** handed to me 45-7 with no offensive touchdowns... I'll try these for my next game.

My Video Game Streams
Old 12-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution
Great to be with you guys!
I was taking a look at these sliders, and I think we can all be assured, everyone needs their own sliders for their style of game. However, I would have to be honest, I think I play as true to an NFL style game as anyone does. I don't throw deep all the time, I read the defense...I have a well balanced run to pass ratio. Anyways, I'm gonna post mine, and you can go from there.

I will post them as Human/CPU and 1 to 20, left to right, and of course 10 is the default. Then at the bottom, I will explain some of my reasons for them.

QB Accuracy 10/6
Pass Block 10/10
WR catch 10/10
RB Ability 10/20
Run Block 10/10

Awareness 10/11
Knockdowns 20/11
Int 10/10
Break Block 15/11
Tackle 6/6

Kick Power 10/10
Kick Accur 10/0
Punt length 10/11
Punt Accur 10/11
Kickoff L 9/9

Okay, as you can see, I'm a fan of equality. I don't want to take a big advantage over the cpu. And we all know that all madden already takes one on us at times. The first thing you might notice is QB accuracy. By putting the cpu at 6, it seems to affect the speed of their throw rather than the accuracy. This allows to take control at times the DB and attempt a play on the ball. You can flirt with this some, I've tried 7, but I find at 7, the cpu tears me to shreds still, a 6 seems to be perfect.
The next you might have taken note of is RB ability. I think we have all noticed the lack of running by the cpu. By putting the RB ability to 20, the cpu actually makes great jukes and spin moves and stiff arms. I find it a real challenge to hold the cpu to under 100 yards. They seem to break big runs occaisionally.
Next, knockdowns. this is one of only two sliders I really tilt in my favor. I think it's a neccessity! Don't let the large number fool you, the cpu is very deadly still. But having knockdowns cranked up to 20 seems to add some realism to my defense.
The other slider tilted in my favor is the break block. It's a must! With the cpu pass block and run block at 10, they are dominating at times, especially to have a pass rush you need this. You'll be surprised how well this seems to work. In an entire game (13 min quarters) I can come anywhere from 0 to 5 sacks regularly, that's realism at its best. Not too mention, if you want your D-linemen to get tackles (which they need somewhere between 25-50 to be decent and progress) you need them to be able to break run blocks and get to the ball carrier. This slider adjustment makes it happen.
Finally, tackles....I turn this down for both of us because I began to notice that over the course of a season, cpu controlled simmed RB's were breaking as many as 6 times the amount of tackles as I and the cpu teams I was playing were. By reducing tackles, there are more missed tackles (which is the way of the NFL these days). I think this also puts an imphasis of acquireing guys who tackle well. As opposed to getting a corner with a 42 tackle who never seems to miss one.
Please try them before you comment on them, I think you'll find they're really good, however if you're not a very good all madden player, you may need to adjust, thats what the sliders are for.
Thanks, Solution. I've been playing a Franchise with the Browns in All-Pro, but I always questioned myself with it because I knew there was still a level higher to go to. I favor slider equality, too, but to be even on All-Madden with every attribute would be way too hard for me. Your sliders seem to address all of the All-Madden concerns I've had in the past, and I plan on starting my All-Madden franchise with your sliders within a day or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2004, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

hey solution, did you leave the penalities, sub in sub out and the other options default?
Spurs

Currently playing:
Madden 2005
NBA Live 2005
ESPN NBA 2k5
Old 12-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewanandonly
hey solution, did you leave the penalities, sub in sub out and the other options default?
Hey wan, max out all of your penalty sliders and leave the sub percentages at default for some pretty realistic results.

Blitz
Old 12-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Hey Solution,

I just wanted to compliment you on a terrific slider set! So far the games feel very realistic to me, and I really need to focus to try and win. I was kind of going through the motions on All-Pro.

Good job, and thanks for sharing them! I'm really looking forward to using your sliders in my Browns dynasty!

Blitz

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »