Home

xx74xx's All Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on xx74xx's All Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
xx74xx's All Pro Sliders

First and foremost, as with my NCAA sliders all testing is during Franchise Mode. So far, after playing several games on both AP and All Madden, IMO the game flows much better on AP. For those of you that aren't familiar with my "gaming personality", I'm a HUGE believer in realism, and play the game the way it's intended without relying on momey plays and such. My method of testing sliders is to run plays, and watch replays endlessly to see player reactions and such until I feel the slider is "on the money".

I've read ALOT of threads in regards to certain aspects of the game on default sliders, and have tried to address each one as best as possible this early in the process.

My experience with NCAA has really helped me in finding the right balance in regards to slider adjustments, as they seem to relate to each other very accurately to my surprise.

For example, NCAA is based on %'s, while Madden still employs the simplistic "click" method, so a good indication of how they relate is this:

If a particular NCAA slider is at 80%, than I will adjust a certain Madden slider (20 click range) to 16 clicks (80% of 20 = 16). This has worked out very nice so far.

Keep in mind, with the vast amount of pre-snap adjustments included in this years version, I haven't even begun to tap into those yet so I can concentrate on the overall feel of the game without any confusion.

As with my NCAA sliders, I welcome ANYONE to chime in and point out anything they feel would optimize the slider set.

That said, here is version 4.0 of this slider set:

**denotes most recent change(s)

All-Pro Sliders V 4.0
Level:All-Pro
Quarter Length:10 min(user choice)
Injuries: On
Game Fatigue: On
Accelerated Clock: Off (user choice)
Sub Out/In - 82/87

All other game options user choice.

*****Clicks are from extreme left*****

Offense: (Human Listed First)
QB ACC: 10/16
PB: 10/10
WR CAT: 10/10
RB ABL: 10/15
RN BLK: 13/18 **

Defense: (Human Listed First)
AWR: 10/10
KD: 3/3
INT: 10/10
BRK BLK: 10/10
TAK: 10/10

Special Teams: (Human/CPU are identical)
All set to DEFAULT

Penalties:
Face Mask: 5
Holding: 7
Clipping: 7
All others MAX.

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 08-14-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: xx74xx's All Pro Sliders

ill give them a try
Old 08-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Bears (Me) 27 - Browns 24

T.Dilfer - 99.7, 333 yards, 2TD, 2INT, 17 of 27 (62%)
R.Grossman - 136.3, 197 yards, 2TD, 0INT, 16 of 21 (76%)

L.Suggs - 17 att, 45 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fumble, 0 BT
C.Benson - 29 att, 130 yards, 0 TD, 1 Fumble, 5 BT

0 drops from either side

C.Coleman lead with 8 pancakes for the Browns
J.Tait leat with 10 pancakes for the Bears

Browns - 2 sacks
Bears - 1 sack

Leading Browns tackler was C.Thompson ROLB with 9 (2 FL)
Leading Bears tackler was M.Green FS with 6.... the first non defensive back was T.Harris DT with 4 (all starting DB's were the top 4, suggesting unbalanced passing/running by the CPU).

Thoughts:

Benson didn't once need to go out energy wise, so I think 75/85 is too weak. I'd be looking at 85/90 ish myself.

The awareness for both sides is too low IMO, two big passes to Davis were a result of odd coverage mistakes, one of which wasn't on playaction. In general, it was too easy to pass the ball effectively.

CPU didn't break 1 tackle. Their running also needs work.

There were done using 11 min Q's Accelerated clock enabeld.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Bears (Me) 27 - Browns 24

T.Dilfer - 99.7, 333 yards, 2TD, 2INT, 17 of 27 (62%)
R.Grossman - 136.3, 197 yards, 2TD, 0INT, 16 of 21 (76%)

L.Suggs - 17 att, 45 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fumble, 0 BT
C.Benson - 29 att, 130 yards, 0 TD, 1 Fumble, 5 BT

0 drops from either side

C.Coleman lead with 8 pancakes for the Browns
J.Tait leat with 10 pancakes for the Bears

Browns - 2 sacks
Bears - 1 sack

Leading Browns tackler was C.Thompson ROLB with 9 (2 FL)
Leading Bears tackler was M.Green FS with 6.... the first non defensive back was T.Harris DT with 4 (all starting DB's were the top 4, suggesting unbalanced passing/running by the CPU).

Thoughts:

Benson didn't once need to go out energy wise, so I think 75/85 is too weak. I'd be looking at 85/90 ish myself.

The awareness for both sides is too low IMO, two big passes to Davis were a result of odd coverage mistakes, one of which wasn't on playaction. In general, it was too easy to pass the ball effectively.

CPU didn't break 1 tackle. Their running also needs work.

There were done using 11 min Q's Accelerated clock enabeld.

Ok cool, I'll look at what you mentioned today.

That said, just like in NCAA, pancake totals could be a prob/glitch with the way they are tallied.

Good stuff, and food for thought for V2.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

After a few games, a couple of things:

WR Catching can go back to default. I have played 4 games (one each as the Cardinals, Ravens, Lions, and Dolphins), and have seen a total of 6 drops, with two games having no drops (Cardinals and Ravens).

Def. Awareness should either be at 8 or 9. The above poster was correct by saying 7 makes it much to easy to roll over people when using only sub par offenses. The biggest thing this needs to affect is the CPU rushing game. I have found YPC to be abysmal when the CPU is running, but they don't give up.

Knockdowns seem right, but I am not seeing a lot of INT's on default. I think this is just people getting used to the Vision Cone, but for now, INT's at default is good for at least me.

I don't agree with lowering the tackling slider. Truck stick is effective with bruising backs, and it doesn't work with smaller backs. You need to juke as a smaller back, plain and simple, which is a great feature of this game. If you are to lower it, I would go no lower than 8.

So, in conclusion, better QB %'s an be achieved by only lowering the KD slider I believe, and the Def Awareness should be at 8 or 9. I honestly believe that would just about fix the small issues with the game. Just my $.02

EDIT: Also, look into upping the CPU and Human Punt Length to see if the will help the abndance of fair catches, although it is too early to tell if this is a major problem or not.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 08-10-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Oh I quite like the pancake stats, last year All Pro produced next to none. Even if it means all 5 linemen lead the league like NCAA, i'd prefer that than never getting anywhere near the top - I was getting sick of no OL progression.

I haven't evalutated simmed stats yet so i'm not sure, but going by my games so far, i'd say a good Human team LT would get 140-160 a season.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #7
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
After a few games, a couple of things:

WR Catching can go back to default. I have played 4 games (one each as the Cardinals, Ravens, Lions, and Dolphins), and have seen a total of 6 drops, with two games having no drops (Cardinals and Ravens).

Def. Awareness should either be at 8 or 9. The above poster was correct by saying 7 makes it much to easy to roll over people when using only sub par offenses. The biggest thing this needs to affect is the CPU rushing game. I have found YPC to be abysmal when the CPU is running, but they don't give up.

Knockdowns seem right, but I am not seeing a lot of INT's on default. I think this is just people getting used to the Vision Cone, but for now, INT's at default is good for at least me.

I don't agree with lowering the tackling slider. Truck stick is effective with bruising backs, and it doesn't work with smaller backs. You need to juke as a smaller back, plain and simple, which is a great feature of this game. If you are to lower it, I would go no lower than 8.

So, in conclusion, better QB %'s an be achieved by only lowering the KD slider I believe, and the Def Awareness should be at 8 or 9. I honestly believe that would just about fix the small issues with the game. Just my $.02

EDIT: Also, look into upping the CPU and Human Punt Length to see if the will help the abndance of fair catches, although it is too early to tell if this is a major problem or not.
What I have been testing so far today is VERY similiar to what you have mentioned Mill.

That said, after spending part of the morning adjusting all 32 teams depth charts, as I did with NCAA, I will doing ALL testing with evenly matched teams who are:

Raiders - Off: 87 Def: 82
NY Giants - Off: 86 Def: 83

I'll also use a neutral site in case there is some sort of HFA AI present in the game.

Version 2 will be out today at some point.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx74xx
Level:All-Pro
Quarter Length:10 min
Injuries: On
Game Fatigue: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Sub Out/In - 85/90

*****Clicks are from extreme left*****

Offense: (Human Listed First)
QB ACC: 16/16
PB: 10/10
WR CAT: 12/12
RB ABL: 10/10
RN BLK: 10/10

Defense: (Human Listed First)
AWR: 9/9
KD: 6/6
INT: 5/5
BRK BLK: 10/10
TAK: 10/10

Special Teams: (Human/CPU are identical)
FG Length: 10/10
FG Accuracy: 15/10 (until you get used to the kick meter)
Punt Length: 17/17
Punt Accuracy: 15/10 (same thing)
Kickoff Length: 12/12

Penalties: (scale of 10, not 20)
Face Mask: 4
Holding: 7
All others MAX.
I made a few adjustments....don't know how they'll work for other people, but those are perfect for me. I'm still getting used to the kick meter, usually it'd be the same speed going up as it was going down, this year it goes up slow and comes down three times as fast.

EDIT: I just lowered WR Catching again...I started a Franchise using these sliders, Reggie Wayne caught everything within 20 yards of him. Seriously, Suggs hit Manning just as he threw, it was a shaky lob pass, I had Deion Sanders, Will Demps, Samari Rolle, and Tommy Polley ALL in the general area where the pass was, they all jump up, Polley misses when he swats at it, Wayne catches it over Rolle and Sanders, Demps hits him right as he catches it, and he still comes down with it. Hartsock, Wayne, and Stokley have 200 yards receiving combined and it's only the end of the 1st quarter...maybe against the Chiefs, but not against the Ravens.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL

Last edited by KRS-One; 08-10-2005 at 03:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »