Home

Old 09-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Injury Slider

wen looking at the nfl stats out of all players on the injury report most of them will not miss any games.

in the nfl sum1 might get hurt in the game and play through it
the next day the team will list them as probable/doubtful and theyll miss a few practices but they most likely will return the next game.

in madden ull miss a week or 2... and then during the last week of your injury youll be probable or doubtful

the way the madden injury report works is different than the nfls injury report so its kind of hard to make comparisons with the nfl average.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #42
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
wen looking at the nfl stats out of all players on the injury report most of will not miss any games.

in the nfl sum1 might get hurt and the game and play through it
the next day the team will list them as probable/doubtful and theyll miss a few practice but they most likely will return the next game.

in madden ull miss a week or 2 or however many and then during the last week or so of your injury ull be probable or doubtful

the way the madden injury report works is different than the nfls injury report so its still kind of hard to make comparisons with the nfl average.
Hmm...I think you're not thinking about it really the correct way. Look at the injury report right now on www.nfl.com
There are several players out. What you have to remember is, players who are out for the season go on teams IR, which they are no long listed. So you can't count them really in Madden...as they would be on IR. What theprofessional and I have done, is come up with something very similar to the NFL. Trust me, WE did a lot of work on this to come to this range. Somewhere between 110 - 125 is a very good range. Professional has recorded many injury numbers to back OUR way of thinking. While Madden does not produce the amount of Questionables and Probables and Doubtfuls that NFL teams do, NFL teams also do not list injured players on the report as out for 2 weeks or 3 weeks. As we looked at the % of players that are listed as Doubtful and Questionable, we decided that players injured in the 1-3 week range were basically the same as NFL's doubtful and questionable. When we thought it this way, the injuries started to really be almost identical to www.nfl.com injury reports.
The 110-125 range is very accurate, and if you want realism, this is the way to go. I saw TheProfessional say 108, but he's close to that range. I started at 110, and I will use the theory that this setting could be adjusted during the season if needed....but I will use 110 as a floor, and 125 as a ceiling.

As for in game slider settings, I'm going to start with 110, and go from there....since the two sliders were set teh same as default in the game, I will attempt first to have them the same as well at 110.

We put a lot of thinking into this project, and personally speaking for myself, I do not do anything that I don't finish with a very accurate, or precise finish. I am a perfectionist and probably so much that it effects me negatively sometimes. For goodness sake, I vacuum my house at least 3 times a day I'm so anal. Our project is dead on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »