Home

Playmakers AP reduced PANCAKE/AWR only Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers AP reduced PANCAKE/AWR only Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:14 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers AP reduced PANCAKE/AWR only Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstherock
I may have to try the tackling at 10 for both HUM/CPU. Not because at 0 its bad, but, b/c, as NorthDallas40 said, I am playing 12 min acc clock. That might inflate the scores. I like the way the game was playing, but, I don't want 42-35 games each week in my franchise. I'll try this and see how it works.

If you use a AWR setting on both sides then you won't get high scoring games.

He using the TKL Slider in his formula to make up for the 0 AWR. I'm using a AWR of 5 and 15 so the TKL Slider doesn't really have to be at 10 like in his formula. We are both going about doing it in very similiar ways it's just that he's only using the TKL Slider and I'm only using the AWR.

But look at the game I posted between Baltimore and Green Bay back one page. The score was 16-10 in a full 12 minute game. Both TKL Sliders were at 0.

I'm currently testing by using the CPU AWR at 10 instead of 15 and see what type of score and stats I get this time. But 15 wasn't too hard it just made them react to damn fast to ball and trust me the CPU can TKL very good at 15 AWR even with TKl at 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 01:38 AM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

No way are these too offensive, quite the opposite in the game I just played.

Colts (Me) 13 - Chargers 10

Manning - 93.0, 215y, 1 TD, 0 INT, 18/30 60%
Brees - 79.0, 220y, 1 TD, 1 INT, 14/26 53%

James - 26att, 72 yards, 0 TD, 5 BTK
Tomlinson - 21 att, 70y, 0 TD, 6 BTK

T.Glenn (LT) - 4 pancakes
N.Hardwick (C) - 7 pancakes

I think I need to up my minutes from 11 ACC ON to 12. Your other sliders seemed to be less "possession" than these - the CPU and me both had lengthy drives throughout the entire game with good ball control so that's why my play total is a little lower than it should be. 12 mins should fix it.

The running for both sides was fun to watch even if there weren't many yards. Tomlinson did some very athletic runs and was unlucky not to break a big one, as with me and James - I saw a few creases that could have produced big runs on some plays and feel in another game I might have doubled the YPC, so I don't think it is low because of the sliders but more luck (or lack thereof).

The pancakes are good. I like it how a Center lead for the Chargers, before it was ALWAYS the LT or RT that lead. This suggests to me you have found a balance where the linemen play to their abilities for sure.

I think 5/5 for kicking is a little low because I just barely hit a 48 yarder with Vanderjagt with 0 wind (in their dome) and 97 power on the kick.

Last edited by Nza; 08-17-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:50 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just popped back in to check on something, and I agree with Playmaker's post.

To end any confusion and put a bow on it, so people can tweak it themselves, what Playmakers and I are saying is this:

You put the off skill sliders (QBA/WRC/RBA) @ 10 and the blocking sliders @ 0 for both sides and leave them there.

Then, on D, put everything at zero and LEAVE break block there. Then, in what ever way works for you slowly bring up the defensive slider (be it TKL, AWR, INT, or KND...just not BBLK) that "fixes" what ever you feel is off/wrong/not fun until you get it "right." Its best you do it one slider @ a time. Keep in mind as your skill grows you may have to "bump up" these adjustments to keep it even.

If I've got it wrong, Playmakers can surely correct me. I'm out.

Arena Football
NBA 2K6
C. Hoops 2k6
PGR 3
DOA 4
Old 08-17-2005, 01:53 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No way are these too offensive, quite the opposite in the game I just played.

Colts (Me) 13 - Chargers 10

Manning - 93.0, 215y, 1 TD, 0 INT, 18/30 60%
Brees - 79.0, 220y, 1 TD, 1 INT, 14/26 53%

James - 26att, 72 yards, 0 TD, 5 BTK
Tomlinson - 21 att, 70y, 0 TD, 6 BTK

T.Glenn (LT) - 4 pancakes
N.Hardwick (C) - 7 pancakes

I think I need to up my minutes from 11 ACC ON to 12. Your other sliders seemed to be less "possession" than these - the CPU and me both had lengthy drives throughout the entire game with good ball control so that's why my play total is a little lower than it should be. 12 mins should fix it.

The running for both sides was fun to watch even if there weren't many yards. Tomlinson did some very athletic runs and was unlucky not to break a big one, as with me and James - I saw a few creases that could have produced big runs on some plays and feel in another game I might have doubled the YPC, so I don't think it is low because of the sliders but more luck (or lack thereof).

The pancakes are good. I like it how a Center lead for the Chargers, before it was ALWAYS the LT or RT that lead. This suggests to me you have found a balance where the linemen play to their abilities for sure.

I think 5/5 for kicking is a little low because I just barely hit a 48 yarder with Vanderjagt with 0 wind (in their dome) and 97 power on the kick.

Thanks NZA

I'm loving this way better for the OL vs DL play.

I going to tinnker with these a little more and then try and squeez the blocking sliders into the All-Pro Sliders that created in the other thread. That should really put both of those Sliders over the top in terms of realsim because this method adds enough deminsion to the line play on both sides of the ball.

Also, the INT's and KDWN's set to zero does wonders to the passing game. The DB's can still make plays on the ball.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 AM   #29
MVP

nevermind, i got it,

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO

Last edited by Spin; 08-17-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:14 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

These look VERY interesting.

I think these may be the best sliders made yet. I'll get a game in tommorow and post some stats, but from the looks of these it looks I'll be ready to start a franchise.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:17 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OK, I'm convinced now after 6 games today that this is the best way to go as far as gameplay. So, what I'm going to do is leave this thread as a reference guide for guy's who might need it later on.

But, I'm going to go ahead and incorpoarate these findings into my other thread so that I don't leave guy's hanging thinking that these are better sliders. I will just adjust the Sliders in that thread to reflect these findings.

What I did notice was that for each AWR past 10 for the CPU you should go up one click for the HUMAN PASS BLK and RUN BLK Sliders.

For instance at 10 AWR for the CPU a human player can leave those Sliders at 0/0.

But if you switch the CPU AWR up to 12 then it's best to increase both your blocking Sliders to 2/2 to make itr fair on your offense. The same thing applies for the CPU offense. If a human player uses a DEF AWR at 6 or 7 then the CPU's blocking Sliders should go up 1-2 clicks. Simply because guy's are becoming quicker at reacting the more you go up in AWR. Thats why 5 AWR seems to be just right for Human using this formula but 6 or 7 might hinder the CPU a little more unless you increase their Blocking sliders by 1-2 clicks. But it still keeps OL vs DL play very fluid and realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 02:35 AM   #32
Nza
MVP

So with CPU @ 15 AWR, I should have Human PB and RB @ 5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »