Home

Mudtiger - All-Pro tweaked Playmakers sliders

This is a discussion on Mudtiger - All-Pro tweaked Playmakers sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Mudtiger - All-Pro tweaked Playmakers sliders

12 minute, accelerated clock, all pro

* If you want more passing offense, make the changes to Human WRC and KND

human/cpu

QBA-10/10
PASS BLK-9/9
WR CATCH-8 (*or 9)/13
RBA-10/10
RUN BLK-0/0

AWR-4/12
KNDWN-1 (*or 0)/0
INT-0/0
BRK BLK-3/0
TKL-1/0

FGL 9/9
FGA 0/0
PL 3/15
PA 0/0
KOL 9/9

Sub out/in 85/94
Penalties
FS 7
Holding 10
Face Mask 3
OPI 8
DPI 9
KR/PRI 10
Clip 5

I had been struggling to get the cpu to pass the ball effectively and realistically with my own slider efforts. Playmakers seems to have solved that problem so I started tweaking from his sliders from about 2 weeks ago. Much appreciation to Playmakers for finding a combination that got the cpu's short and intermediate passing game out of non-existence.

I play with the chargers and tweaked to my skill level and team over the past 2 weeks. I haven't seen the need to make any changes in the past 10 to 15 games, so I thought I would share.

The tweaks I made over the PM set I was working off of:

Increased pass block. I was getting and giving up way too many sacks a game. Not the holding the ball too long type of sacks either, too many guys couldn't pass block making anything other than a 3 step drop and quick pass too difficult. Routes that take longer to develop should now be an option as you shouldn't get sacked right away. Thats not to say you won't get sacked, specially if the cpu brings the blitz. Sacks shouldn't come as easily for the human defense, but shouldn't be impossible. May get upped to 10 a side - about the only change I have been considering. Watch out for 2nd and 3rd and long, the cpu loves to blitz in those situations leaving you little time to hit guys down field.

Lowered human WRC. Not enough dropped passes for my tastes. There were too many catches in traffic and catches made while getting hit. That is to say, I never really saw a guy drop the ball when getting hit as he was making a catch. I also never saw a wide open drop. Sometimes a guy just drops the ball. You should see a wide open drop where the qb was not hurried maybe on average once a game or every other game.

Human WRC at 7 is just too low as the wide open drops become a bit too much for me. 8 has been just about perfect. If you lower human QBA to try and make the human passing game harder, it seems you lose the ability to throw the deep ball. So human QBA stays at 10.

Upped cpu WRC. As PM suggested, upping cpu WRC helps their passing game without messing with cpu QBA.

Human KNDWN at 1. This should help knockdown some of the deep cpu throws without shutting out the cpu short and intermediate passing game.

The human BRKBLK and TKL increases were tweaked specifically for the chargers. I was giving up 100+ yards on the ground every game. While it is nice to see the cpu able to run, that isn't the charger's defense. Plus, even when calling the right plays to stop the run, the cpu would gain 5+ yards. I can now control the running game, but still need to play call to stop it. I've seen as little as 20 yards on the ground for the cpu and as much as 120, so the cpu can still run, but they need a good back to break some tackles or get lucky to hit 100 yards (or a sloppy human tackler).

I have been happy with human running vs. cpu defense. Running with LT, the opportunity to break a game is there, but doesn't always happen. I've been held to 60 yards and my high is in the 160 area.

One disappointment has been that in order to keep the cpu from throwing 3+ interceptions a game, human INT is at 0, so you will see quite a few dropped INTs. This is the way it has to be otherwise you will get way too many INTs because the cpu can make some pretty bad passes sometimes. It should not be impossible to pick off a pass though, and it seems to help to go for user picks rather than letting the cpu go for it.

I've seen a nice variety of games and have usally been able to get a very different feel from playing against weaker or stronger teams - teams playing to their ratings for the most part. Such as my last game playing against the steelers, I ran into some trouble.

Last game's stats:

SD(me) at PIT

SD 21 - PIT 24

Total offense 256/378
rush 111/78
pass 145/300
plays 53/62

SD
Brees 14-27 for 172 pass and 1 INT
LT 23-104 and 2 TD rush
Gates 7-122 receiving

PIT
Roethlisberger 21-39 for 309 and 3 TD pass
Bettis 21-67 rush
Ward 4-87 and 1 TD receiving

It was a close game all the way with the lead going back and forth. I had a few chances to tie or win in the fourth quarter including the last drive of the game that started on my own 5 with under a minute to go. Clock ran out when I was just getting to midfield.

The steeler's defense threw some crazy blitzes at me and really limited my passing game after I had started out 6-6 passing. Big Ben started off cold, but in the second half hit Ward for two 30 yard completions, one for a TD.

Running game was a struggle for both sides, but LT started out hot ripping off three consecutive 10 yard runs to begin the game. After that, he was held to about 3.5 a carry. Bettis could break some tackles and pickup the short yardage nicely, but was contained more or less.

Last edited by mudtiger; 09-06-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Mudtiger - All-Pro tweaked Playmakers sliders

These are my dynasty sliders. Period.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

VERY nice. I think, like Millenium, my franchise can begin.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:22 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Hey Mudtiger do you get good returns on Punts with your setup?

I can't find a decent setting at all so if your settings are giving good results on punt returns I could definetly use the help.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Hey Mudtiger do you get good returns on Punts with your setup?

I can't find a decent setting at all so if your settings are giving good results on punt returns I could definetly use the help.
Actually, here is where I can help.

Put Human Punt Length aywhere from 0 to 3. This forces you to put the arrow at a smaller angle to punt, which decreases hangtime, which allows the CPU to get some sort of a return. If yuo punt at the normal angle, you will only get 30-35 yards on your punt, which is horrible for field position.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Put Human Punt Length aywhere from 0 to 3. This forces you to put the arrow at a smaller angle to punt, which decreases hangtime, which allows the CPU to get some sort of a return. If yuo punt at the normal angle, you will only get 30-35 yards on your punt, which is horrible for field position.

Cool I will try this in a game.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Very nice, I'll have to try that out.

As far as getting your own punt return yardage, not much helps. Putting the cpu punt length at 15 gives you a bit more time (and brings the cpu punt average closer to real 42 yard average combined with the 0 accuracy), but your blockers still stand around.

I have had some success doing this though: control the punt returner before the kick. While the ball is in the air and right before and after the camera has switched angles to behind you, switch guys about two or 3 times quickly and then back to the returner. It seems like sometimes you can wake up the AI blockers you switched to and get them to block. This seems to work best on kicks to the middle of the field. I've been able to get the occasional 10 to 15 yard return. This does not work everytime. I'm not even sure if I'm doing anything to cause them to block.

I've also experimented with moving the 2 special teams guys lined up out wide. Problem is that once you switch away from one, they return to their original position. I had limited success with this method, so I usually try the quick switching on punt returns now. I can get maybe one or 2 shots at a return. Not great, but better than nothing.

Last edited by mudtiger; 09-01-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

I have changed one other thing, more personal preference than anything else.

Hum WR Catching - 10

Had to do this. Mason and Heap were dropping a bit too many passes, and at 10, the stone hands recievers still drops passes frequently.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »