Home

The Ultimate All Madden Slider Set

This is a discussion on The Ultimate All Madden Slider Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Ultimate All Madden Slider Set

I have been playing Madden on the Xbox for the past 5 years, and I have tried countless slider sets on the Pro, All Pro, and All Madden difficulty levels. I must say that, without a doubt, Playmakers All Madden sliders have given me the most exciting and realistic games I can ever remember having. I made some minor tweaks to fit my own style of play, but the credit for these sliders is to be given to Playmakers for all of his hard work. The reason why I started a new thread instead of adding on to Playmakers All Madden thread, is because that thread is now 10+ pages long, and I wanted everyone to get a fresh read on them. I really believe these are the best sliders out there!

The settings and sliders I used are listed below. If there are any differences between these sliders and Playmakers final sliders, I showed Playmakers in parentheses and highlighted them in red.

12-minutes quarters with accelerated clock

QB Vision, Auto Pass, Auto Strafe - OFF
Catch Assist, Pass Assist - ON

Sub out - 83%
Sub in - 88%

Simulated injuries - 25
In-game injuries - 105

False start - 10
Holding - 9 (8)
Face mask - 7
OPI - 10
DPI - 10
KRI/PRI - 10
Clipping - 8 (9)
Grounding - 10
RTP - 10
RTK - 10

All sliders are shown as HUM/CPU:

QBA - 10/7
PB - 3/0
WRC - 10/9 (11)
RBA - 9/9
RB - 1/1

AWR - 5/5
KD - 7/7
INT - 3/3
BB - 11/10
TKL - 7/7 (8)

FGL - 9 (8)/9
FGA - 7 (6)/5
PL - 8 (6)/15 (17)
PA - 8/15
KOL - 11 (10)/11

I played all four of my preseason games with the Cleveland Browns using these sliders, and here are the scores from those games:

Giants 6
Browns 13

Browns 31
Lions 34

Panthers 11
Browns 18

Browns 22
Bears 17

The games were a blast to play, and as the scores indicate, were great games that ranged from 13-6 defensive battles to 34-31 shootouts. I listed how the Browns ranked in the league stat-wise, and how this will affect my sliders for the start of the regular season:

Offensive Rankings:
5th in Total Offense (18th passing, 9th rushing)
12th in Points Per Game
9th in First Downs
32nd in Sacks Allowed - I will increase HUM PB to 4, and decrease CPU BB to 9

Defensive Rankings:
21st in Total Defense (15th passing, 25th rushing)
11th in Points Against
1st in Sacks - I will increase CPU PB to 1

3rd in Penalties
8th in Yards Penalized

11th in Interceptions Thrown
14th in Fumbles Lost
6th in Defensive Interceptions
32nd in Fumbles Recovered - Will increase HUM TKL to 8
23rd in Turnover Difference

One other small problem I noticed is that my RBs didn't break many tackles. In 67 rushing attempts by Reuben Droughns (a powerful downhill runner), I only had 4 broken tackles. To fix this, I will increase RBA to 10 and decrease CPU TKL to 6. I will also decrease both HUM and CPU KOL to 10 (too many kickoffs into the endzone), and increase CPU PL to 17 (too many 35-37 yard punt averages for the CPU, no room to return them).

Also, to add to the realism and take away from any "money plays", I mixed up calling my own plays and letting Madden call them. For example, defensively, if the CPU showed a 4 WR set on the field, and Madden advised me to use a 3-4 defense, I would overrule him and pick a Dime or Quarter package on my own. If the CPU called a 2 RB, 1 TE formation and Madden advised a 3-4 defense, I'd use Madden's call.

Offensively, if it was like 3rd-and-6 and Madden called a draw play, I might overrule him and call a 3-WR formation and try to hit the Slot on an out route. Stuff like that added to the fun and realism of the game.

Again, full credit to Playmakers for an awesome slider base! These sliders are the best out there for realism, hands down!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Ultimate All Madden Slider Set

Hmm.....I will try these...
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
Hmm.....I will try these...
Hey nyqua, what did you think of the sliders?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

I didn't get to try them yet since I started playing MVP Baseball again....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »