Home

Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

This is a discussion on Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

I'm going to have to in-game save at the half and go to bed......but here is what I have so far (FGL will need to come down to 9)

Atl (me) 7
TB (cpu) 3 Halftime

Vick 7-11 98 yds 0 td 1 int 1 sack
Simms 4-10 58 yds 0 td 0 int 2 sacks

Dunn 10-25
Vick 1-20
Griffith 3-6

C. Williams 10-15
Sowell 1-8

Thing is, Dunn and Williams both have a few 5 and 7 yard runs, but plays getting blown up in the backfield are killing their YPC. Damn that commit button!

Sliders seem pretty sensitive. Simms is only 40%, but two of those incompletions are him getting drilled by Kerney and Abraham as he let the ball go. On one play, I ran a CB blitz, and Sims hit Cadillac in the flat for about 20 yards. It was a thing of beauty.

Vicks 20 yd td run was awesome.........fake to the right, then run left......and he just outran everyone to the corner.

I'm stumped with the running game. It is near perfect at default, but too many plays getting blown up in the backfield is an issue. Lowering BB may be a thought..........but hopefully by tomorrow some ideas will be flowing in.

g'nite all.....happy maddenoliday!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So, is Madden 07 worth the $50 pricetag if you totally enjoy NCAA 07?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Well Bro, it has a real coach mode.

I still haven't had much time to play it yet so I can't say if it's worth spending $50 on it, not knowing all of its annoyances and bugs. Initially, I don't see a great improvement, if any, over Madden 06. Too early to tell though.

If you're really enjoying NCAA and don't have the time or money to spend on Madden than perhaps you should wait till the rest of us figure this puppy out. The game isn't going anywhere and you can always buy it later, unless you have an itch you need to scratch and see it on sale somewhere (I was going to hold off on buying the pc version but it's on sale at CC this week for $27.99 so I couldn't resist).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Here are Mudcat's settings.........IMHO, he is the master of coach mode settings. I haven't tried these yet, and he based them off his 06 settings, and has only played about 5-6 games I think.....but his stats looked ALOT better than mine. When I looked at his 06 sliders, I thought they looked silly, but I tried them and ended up getting alot out of them. It'll be later tonight before I can fire these up.......so I'd love to see one of you guys give these a shot this afternoon.

Courtesy of Mudcat, here they are:

Coach mode
12 min/accell clock ON

Code:
Offense
       HUM CPU

QBA     12 18
PBK      6  7
WRC     17 17
RBA     18 20
RBK     12 20

Defense 
       HUM CPU

AWR     11 10  
KD      14 13
INT      4  4
BB       9  0
TAK      8 10

ST 
     HUM CPU

FGL     9  5
FGA     4  3
PL     10 20
PA     14 16
KOL    11 11
Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Thanks for posting Mudcat's sliders sl8b! I will give them a try right now. I've been too busy to come up with my own anyway, LOL.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I like it, and it seems very coach mode friendly. I was still having a blast with 06, but I got it because I like Madden, and I wanted to see my college players go pro. If 50 bucks is a big deal to you, it's not a MUST have....but if you can spare the money (you have a 4 year degree bro, you can afford it and you know it ), get it.

Good to see you around Nole Fan/Supersig/habitual dynachise starter!

On a sidenote, you still in grad school? How are things? I remember you playing all the time......then finishing school and saying how tired you were (all of us old farts laughed with you, not at you by the way).

If I had to give you a definitive answer, then put me down for "buy it".

later
Old 08-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBalls1
Thanks for posting Mudcat's sliders sl8b! I will give them a try right now. I've been too busy to come up with my own anyway, LOL.
Cool Blue, I'm glad you are around!

Sorry man.........I wanted to post them sooner, but I didn't feel right about posting them w/o his consent. Reason being, he doesn't even have them updated in his 2 franchise threads, which he played for 12 months straight. I figured it would be cool......but slider etiquette.....ya know?

Dude, PLEASE post your results.......and at least give them an entire game. I'll be eagerly waiting (I'm at work) to see what you think. Post stats...post stats.......please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
Rookie

I will post stats as soon as I can. And where the hell is Mudcat posting at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »