Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders

Well I was up to week ten of my "test" franchise and was 8-2 with the Jets which is a little too good for sure, but the stats in all departments were very much on par for the rest of the league, except for pancakes and sacks.

Sacks I have a few too many of, but this is a lot down to me manually contolling the Dline on passing plays, and pancakes were too few, by about 25% (compared with similar Olinemen on other teams). The only pro bowl votes I have are for Coles and Pennington (and Coles has a measly 11.2 yds per catch but lots of them).

So I've started another franchise for experimentation purposes (same team for ease of comparison), and thought I'd up the human rblk to 3. And apart from a few more pancakes it doesn't make that much difference to the running game.Most carries are still 2 yards and a cloud of dust. So I upped it to 4 (same as AI) and am getting what I consider about the right no of pancakes (on average) and maybe the odd block held a fraction of a sec longer...I think its a combo of the cpu AWR, BB, and TCKL that affects the running game the most.

So I tried a couple of games with Ai AWR at 12. NO. Its just about playable but no fun at all and all game realism disappears. The CPU reacts so fast to the run, your av gain turns into 1 instead of 2, and your RAC is gone (if you can even complete a pass over 7 yards in the first place that is)

So I've settled for turning human DEF AWR down to 6, but upping human rblk to 4, though I won't post these on front page yet. I gave up 3 hundred yard rushers in a row, but it was fun I didn't feel cheated like I do when the AI pops its complimentary 50 yrd + run or pass totally against the run of play, and I even posted my first 100 yd game in 15 (against the Browns) for Martin :- 20/100 (but the next 7 carries went for 11 yrds so oh well..) 27/111.

At 6 human AWR, you have to make a lot (if not all the tackles yourself), but it does make the CPU offense play better..

So Human D AWR to 6, and human RBL to 4 is in the works

As Always feedback encouraged. Thanks.

EDIT:(Provisional Changes in Magenta on first page)

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 08-31-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been jumping around tryng a bunch of faders and i'm really digging your third set. I've only gotten through the first 3 pre-season games but I have been (me/comp) 20/17, 13/7 & 13/10 @ the halfs. Can't wait to get into the regular season as once i get the comps backups in after half i pull away and end up beating them 51/17, 47/13 & 30/13.

How long of quarters are u playing? First 2 games I did 12 min. then the third I bumped it down to 10 min. Between Duece and Reggie & my FB I'm averaging about 125 rushing yards a game. very real avg. Reggie @ 5.4 (i think his three game "real" avg. is 5.7 and duece is @ 4.1.... Anyway I am enjoying the sliders thus far. Thanks
Old 08-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #19
Pro

Thanks dpdawg Personally I use 14 min accel qrts and get around 125 offensive plays (both teams combined), which is NFL game average (punts fgs kickoffs not included) per game...but its very rare I get a play off with more than a couple of ticks on the clock, I use loads of audibles pattern / blocking adjustments on just about every play. I also use the "y button /left d pad bring everyone up in the box" at lot, which makes the computer call audibles a lot too, in which case I back them out, that is if I wasn't faking it

If you play more quickly, then 12 or 13 min qrts is possibly more accurate, it depends how much both sides run the ball too...turning the human AWR down to 6 means that the better AWR rated players tend to stand out to. Vilma has 31 tackles in last 3 games, 12 in each of last 2, when before he was getting only slightly more than the others...

Anyways off to play some games, laters
Old 08-31-2006, 08:32 PM   #20
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm loving your 3rd set as well. I don't have any stats off had, but I am 4-2 with the Bengals using them.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

drew bledsoe,can u post the slider codes for every version of ur sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #22
MVP

Chrono's Arena

Tried a game last night with Human RBL at 4 (*cheers*) and D AWR at 6. I played the Texans and the game went the way I thought it should for the most part with me winning somewhat handily. Ronnie Brown FINALLY had some success running the ball and managed to break 100 yds on my last drive of the game... so i'm liking RBL at 4 for now. As for my defense, I thought my defensive backs played a little too "stupid" at times, and David Carr had more success then I would have liked. I returned a kick and fumble for TD's so the 45-20 score made the game look a little worse then it really was.

I was halfway through my next game against the Pats when my power went out momentarily . Once again my pass defense was just HORRIBLE. My run D is still solid however, so it seems to me that the D awareness at 6 is mostly affecting my pass defense. Brady had over 200 yds in the first half which is a little crazy... so i'm not too upset I have to start over! I took the opening drive for a TD mostly powered by my running game, and was then shut down for the rest of the half.

So I guess i'm liking RBK at 4, and i'm on the fence with D at 6. Maybe i'll start controlling my safties more and it will help out my pass D.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm gonna help out here a bit. I'm using the 3.2 version sliders and going to start a game between the Bengals (me) vs the Cardinals.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Here we go.

5 mins, no accel clock.

Score, Bengals 45, Cards 20.

Total off: Bengals 452, Cards 303

Rushing yards: Bengals 139, Cards 90

Passing Yards: Bengals 313, Cards 213

First down, Bengals 14, Cards 15

Palamer: Yds 324, td's 5, ints 0, comp 14, att 21, 1 sack, comp% 66, long 53.

Warner: Yds 235, td's 2, ints 1, comp 17, att 25, comp% 68, sack 4, long 31

R.Johnson: Yds rushing 123, 1 td, att 12, avg 10.2

James: Yds rushing 78, att 16, avg 4.8

C. Johnson: rec 7, yds 208, avg 29.7, td's 3

Fitzgerald: rec 6, yds 79, avg 13.1, td 1

Okeafor for the Cards had 1 sack

And both Robinson and Adams, my dt's had 2 sack each making it 4.

Me and the Cards exchanged td's as I first scored on a bomb to Johnson when I saw their safety come up so I made them pay and then the Cards came out with deep passes to Boldin and Fitzgerald. Didn't help that Tory James got hurt too and was out for the whole game. Warner kept throwing but my d finally stepped up then James was running the ball, doing pretty good but then by the 3rd quater I slowed him down and the Cards went back to passing and Warner was having trouble finding anyone open, I played a good amount of zones, not many blitz since my cb's are horrible and Fitzgerald burned my one cb for a td.

Pretty good so far. I'm going to keep the same sliders and try a diff match.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »