Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders

Really loving the sliders. Played a few games so far, will post the stats of my next one for you.

For everyone who is lazy like me, these are the latest (3.2 magenta version) slider codes for DB's sliders:

Offense: dYPOLc11 (that's a capital o not a zero)

Defense: tE7Q6Id1

Special Teams: Pz4iebM2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Hey we got a few guys on board now! Wow I've been on Madden FAR too much and not sleeping enough (off work for a while), just slept all day (I needed it)..

Anyways @ Homicide:- thanks for posting codes, I'll copy them to front page.

@ Chrono:- since you've been on board just about the longest, glad you've finally clocked up a 100 yard game with RBLK at 4, even though I'm hovering between whether it should be 4 or 3. The main thing is that when your run is working, so will your play action passes. My last season game vs Bills I reeled off gains of 7,8,12,6 with different backs then hit them with a PA pass for big yards to Jolley (virtually evryone reacted to the PA which was fun to see), next drive was similar. Good playcalling helps.

With 6 DEF AWR, you have to be more cautious overall, if I'm bltzing, I drop the corners off deeper (y, b, d pad up / y, x, d pad up) then commit to pass on the snap. Using the commit to pass makes your guys actually play and not just stand there (even though I got burned on a 37 yd draw play TD last game). Again its a lot about adjustments and playcalling. I'm only giving up around 190 yds passing per game in current season, but I've got Manning and the Colts next so we'll see (and Jets pass D is still horrible).

@All:- Thanks for replys, if anyone thinks vrs 3.2 is is too easy in any way let me know that too, testing and feedback is the key as always.

Keep the feedback coming guys, thanks

EDIT: CODES FOR ALL SLIDER VERSIONS NOW IN FIRST POST

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-01-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #27
Rookie

Alright, here's the game I played tonight.

12 Minute Quarters, Accel Clock on, default penalties, DB's sliders 3.2 Magenta Version

Cleveland Browns ((Me) Overall 90) @ Atlanta Falcons (Overall 89)

(Cleveland First - Atlanta Second)

Score: 26 - 10
Total Offense: 270 - 282
Rushing Yards: 109 - 95
Passing Yards: 161 - 187
First Downs: 19 - 7
PR Yards: 10 - 0
KR Yards: 127 - 124
Total Yards: 407 - 406
Giveaways: 1 - 3
Takeaways: 3 - 1
3rd Down Conv. 35% - 22%
Red Zone Attempts: 3 for 3 (1 TD, 2 FG) - 0 for 2
Penalties: 2 for 10 yards - 2 for 5 yards
Time of Possession: 31:32 - 16:28

Other stats of note for slider tweaking:
Falcons ran 34 plays, 17 rushing 17 passing. QB (M. Schaub) rating was 88.4 on 8 for 17 passing with 213 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and 47 comp%. RB (T.J. Ducket) had 93 yards on 17 carries for a 5.4 avg. He broke 7 tackles and had 71 yards after the first hit. Falcons had 1 drop (WR J. Pathon) and gave up 5 sacks with 18 pancakes. Their kicker (Z. Derr) was 1 for 2, both from the 30-39 range, but it was the first missed FG I've seen from the cpu since the game was released.

Browns had pretty similar numbers. QB (C. Frye) rating was 79.3 on 17 of 24 passing for 205 yards, 1 INT and 70 comp%. RB (R. Droughns) had 102 yards and 1 TD on 31 carries for a 3.2 avg. He broke 7 tackles and had 57 after the first hit. Browns had 1 drop (WR B. Edwards) and gave up 4 sacks with 12 pancakes. One interesting thing to note was I recorded 2 safeties, one after a fumble on a kickoff return by the Falcons which they recovered on their own 1 yard line, and the other after a tremendous punt which pinned them on the 1 yard line. CB A. Perkins returned a safety kickoff 72 yards for a TD.

I was without center L. Bentley (game), the Falcons were without M. Vick (game), L. Milloy (for the first quarter, came back in 2nd), and W. Dunn (game).

It was tied 3-3 with about a minute left in the first half when I landed a punt on the 3 yard line, only to have it bounce backwards into the Falcons punt returner standing on the 10 yard line, and THEN ricochet off him BACK to the 3 yard line right into my cornerback's hands. Talk about a freak of a play. Resulted in a TD on the next play for me. Very close game up until that point. Second half rolls around and I score 2 safeties and a TD on one of the safety kickoffs, resulting in me pulling away. Seems that once halftime came, they lost all of their momentum. Maybe because of the horrible luck on the play just before the end of the 2nd quarter? Would be pretty realistic if that were the case.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the CPU has a tendency to call bad plays. Throwing long on 3rd and inches often, fulback dives on 3rd and long, passing alot when they're up or down by just a few, but running alot when down and they still run near the end of the game when down. They also don't seem to react too well at times either. For instance, I play a very agressive style 3-4 defense, often blitzing 2 or more linebackers. The CPU seems to ignore the players I leave open due to the blitz. They can dink and dunk me all day long by throwing into the areas I vacate when I blitz, but they choose to hold on to the ball and try to go deep way too often. Not sure if sliders have any effect on this or if its just a gameplay problem. Perhaps it was because it was Matt Schaub playing quarterback. Will have to play some games with Peyton Manning or Brady or someone with a pretty high AWR rating at the helm and see if they make better decisions.

As I mentioned, I play aggressive defense. I was beat twice for big plays, which is promising since I should be beaten sometimes due to my defensive style. Wish Vick would have been in the game to see if they would have beat me more often. The defense from the Falcons was pretty conservative, and I couldn't get anything going down field but I was given the short passes almost all day as you can see from my comp%. Seems pretty good to me so far overall except for who are actually making the tackles for my team. The majority of my tackles are made by my secondary oddly enough. I have pretty good linebackers (W. McGinest and A. Davis are both rated 95), and I play defense heavily reliant on linebackers making plays, but its my secondary making them instead. My secondary is fairly weak, having an average rating of 83, but they're the top 4 tacklers at the end of the game, each with 6+. I only had 1 LB with more than 5, that was A. Davis with 6. The rest had 2 or less. Thats a little troubling, any ideas on how to fix this? This has been the case for several games, as I just looked at my stats for the season (week 11 now) and it seems to have been a season long pattern of DB tackling dominance and the LB's stinking the place up.

Also, sorry the post was so long. Trying to give you as much info as I can to help you with these sliders. Sometimes I can get carried away
Old 09-02-2006, 03:42 AM   #28
Pro

@Homicide quite a few points you raised

The actual game sounds pretty fair really, as without Vick the Falcons aren't really up to much (sorry Falcon fans but it's true, look at a couple of seasons back when he was out).

The cpu calling bad plays is I'm afraid EA's fault, even though the better AWR QBs call more audibles (for better plays) and they seldom seem to miss wide open receivers, which the lesser QBs do (and do also irl). Try playing Manning, Brady or McNabb for instance, they'll take the underneath routes all day if you give them to them.

If you can go 17/24 for 205, then you know what you're doing on offense. Some teams D style fits other teams O style of course. I find it murderous playing the Pats D as the Jets for example. Pitt are also a very tough D to play, and running on the Jags I find near impossible.(Martin 14/27 last game until I gave the rock to the others, finished with 32/92 team rushing...pretty awful but realistic). I played P.Manning with the Jets earlier, and he threw for 326 yds on me, and I was so scared to blitz that I got no sacks all game (even though somehow just about everything I tried on O worked well, and I won 34-28 in the highest scoring game I've had).

As for your DB's making more tackles than LBs, I don't find that the case with my defence style (very conservative), but I also don't control any one player on D and will always switch to the nearest player and manually make the tackle with them. Also in your sample game, the Falcons only ran 39 O plays (I think), and you're not going to get many tackles with that many plays (especially as there isn't a tackle to be made on an incompletion obviously).

Just an idea, but I use 14 min accel qrts, which tends to average around 125 Offensive plays combined for both teams (Thats Runs, Passes and Sacks). The Jags ran 38 times on me in last game(their passing was awful) and Taylor gained about 120 yds on 29 carries, so (reasonably) held in check, but Vilma and Barton both had more than 10 tackles each. Maybe play 13 min accel if 14 is too long.

After week 6 of my present season, tackle leaders are in order Vilma (ILB), Barton (ILB), Rhodes (SS), Dyson (CB)...which isn't too far off reality. Vilma has way more than anyone else at this time.

Make the posts as long and detailed as you like, I don't mind

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #29
Pro

Just played a really close exciting game vs Miami. It was all tied up at 10-10 in 4th qrt, I'd make loads of mental mistakes on O, but got away with most.Then, 3rd and Inches I decided to PA, and hit Coles for 43yd gain, tackled immediately, then few plays later had to settle for a FG. 8 mins left. Miami went on a methodical time consuming drive, including a 4th and 5 conversion, then on my 9 yd line with under 2.30 left Vilma caused Brown to fumble, and I got the ball back, and managed to run out the clock

Low scoring but great fun, and I thought I played D best ever with newest sliders...some stats...

Miami 10 -13 NY Jets

Total Off Plays:-

Jets 70/348
Miami 60/280

Passing
Pennington: 20/35/218/0/1
Culpepper: 11/24/152/0/0

Rushing
Brown 30/128, Culpepper 3/13
Martin 14/33, Washington 8/30, Houston 7/51, Pennington 4/8, Blaylock 1/15

Receiving
Hagan 3/58, Booker 3/36, Chambers 3/20, McMichael 2/38
Jolley 4/68, Coles 3/62, Dwight 3/26, McCareins 3/23, Martin 3/0, Cotchery 2/32, Askew 1/9, Houston 1/-2

Tackle Leaders
Labinjo 7, Newman, LeJeune, Cooper all 6 (Zach Thomas injured for game)
Barton 8, Vilma 7, Rhodes 7, Coleman 6, Ellis 5

Sacks
Daniels 1
Ellis 2, Von Delhoffen 1

Int
Miami : Hill

Forced Fumbles
Newman
Vilma

A low scoring very defensive game but great fun, and first game for several that I've managed to give no big plays up
Old 09-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #30
Rookie

Played another game on the 3.2 Magenta Sliders and got these results:

Cleveland Browns ((me)90 overall) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (91 overall)

This game was a blowout. Final score was Browns 45, Steelers 10.

Passing
C. Frye - 16 for 24, 239 yards, 4 TD

B. Roethlisberger - 11 for 19, 100 yards

Rushing
R. Droughns - 21 for 109 yards and a TD

D. Staley - 20 for 32 yards
B. Roethlisberger - 5 for 24 yards and a TD

Receiving
B. Edwards - 7 for 73 yards and a TD, 1 drop
J. Jerevicius - 3 for 77 yards and a TD
K. Winslow - 2 for 16 yards and a TD
T. Wilson - 4 for 73 yards and a TD, 1 drop

Q. Morgan 5 for 40 yards
H. Ward 3 for 30 yards
C. Wilson/S. Holmes both 1 for 15 yards

Defense
K. Wimbley(controlled by me 100% of the time but this is not a typical game out of him) - 8 tackles, 3 for loss, 3 sacks
T. Washington - 7 tackles, 2 sacks
A. Davis - 6 tackles, 1 for loss

I. Taylor - 7 tackles
J. Porter - 6 tackles, 1 sack
J. Harrison - 5 tackles, 2 sacks

Sacks
Browns - 7
Steelers - 5

No Turnovers

Comments

I was pretty mistified by this game. Openening kickoff D. Northcutt takes it 103 for a TD. my 3rd in 3 games and 4th on the season (1 by A. Perkins). May be setting the KR TD record this season, I believe its 4 by one player, week 12 and I have 3 with Northcutt. I never did this well in any other version of madded returning kicks, its either easier in this game, its something with the sliders, or I just got really damn good at it. I'm betting its not me being good, and I don't see how it could really be the sliders, maybe the run block/defensive awareness? Who knows?

What was really odd is that I'm terrible in the passing game. I either make throws into coverage, or run around like an idiot and get sacked, or throw 5-10 yard curls, outs, or slants. I've found a little niche where I can do these dink and dunk passes just enough to not allow them to put 11 in the box. I run 75% of the game, which is most of the reason my total plays is so low for a 12 minute quarters game - I eat the clock quite a bit. But in this game, I doubled my TD passes on the season (to 8) against a pretty solid defense. I struggled to run in the first half, so I started throwing, and quite amazingly completing, long passes. I never go downfield and especially never complete them. I was something like 14 for 18 for 200 yards and 4 TD's in the first half of this game though. I have 1297 passing yards on the season with Frye and 1334 yards rushing with Droughns, and 450 of these yards passing came from the past 2 games. I didn't start running until I was up by almost 30 in the second half. I could have probably torched them for 400 through the air.

The players making the tackles was alot better this game, first game of the season where my 2 starting corners weren't my best run stoppers.

I'm 10-0 in my first season of my franchise, using the Browns with my only roster move being moving K. Wimbley to RE, and moving D. Jackson from backup to starting LB to replace him. first game played with out of the box sliders and it was pretty laughable. So I dug around and tried several different sets of sliders, and yours DB have been so very close to perfect where others were just not producing any challenge. I'm the Browns for gods sake, I should be losing and I'm not.

With that being said, I have a few questions to pose to you DB. First being, what would you reccomend I do to make the game a tad bit harder without making the CPU super human (ie All Madden mode)? The CPU seems very intent on playing me real tough and very realistic (which is exactly what I'm looking for) until they either do something incredibly stupid, or a punt bounces off their returners head and into my hands, or something similar and their momentum completely dies. Do you think there's anything I can do to maybe make my yards per carry go down maybe a yard? Make my completion percentage drop a little bit without it being from dropped passes? I'm already giving up about 5 sacks per game, and Cleveland's line sucks so I'm happy with that number, but I never seem to give up coverage sacks. Just mental mistake sacks like running straight into a blitzing LB. Can that be changed a little so I get sacked when I hold onto the ball too long without making it so easy to be sacked that I can't complete a play action pass? I wouldn't know where to start to adjust these things. I'm hoping maybe doing something like this will balance out a little bit of the CPU's (what seems like) determination to beat themselves. I'm 4-0 with your sliders, but 2 of those games could have gone either way. Its the 2 blowouts that worry me (chargers and steelers, both good teams). It seems like they play me hard and then just completely fizzle out. Have you ever noticed that happening to you?

I'll definately play a few more games before I get desperate and switch to All Madden and start kicking my controllers because Warrick Dunn just steamrolled Ted Washington and Willie McGinest on his way to a 90 yard TD run, but I'm finding a real need to start losing some games. I think you're doing an excellent job with these sliders DB, and I for one am very appreciative for the work you've put in. I'm just hoping you can help me start losing in a realistic fashion. That's my only gripe with this game so far, and most of the things I'm not griping about are because of you.

Last edited by Homicide; 09-02-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #31
Pro

@Homicide :- sounds a familiar problem, your probably too good for all-pro, but hate the ridiculous cheating that you have to endure on All-Madden. I'm pretty much the same. The easiest way is to play when you're far too tired and should be asleep

No seriously, the first thing you might want to do, is raise AI DEF AWR, by one at a time, until you find them tough enough on average. The easiest way is to test it in practice mode. Run the same play a dozen times, you'll notice the AI getting wiser to it. Then run any other play a few times, then up the AWR, and run the original play. Doing it this way you'll notice minute differences.You might have to throw the pass a split second earlier, or find the hole closes quicker. Def AWR Im convinced also makes the AI D quicker as well as react quicker.

You might want to also raise AI Break Block, even though this can drastically affect things, i.e. the running hole may be filled by an unblocked dlineman by the time you hit it, and the 5 yard gain you were getting turns into 1 or 0, unless you can somehow avoid him or "highlight stick" him.

Lowering Run Block to 3, maybe a good idea (one I'm almost certainly changing to myself) this also lets would be tacklers loose a fraction earlier, which can make all the difference.

Break block also indirectly affects your teams Pass Blocking, in that the AI D has more chance of breaking the pass block, and therefore more chance of a sack. As a former rl QB, I'm pretty good at reading blitzes, and the huge majority of sacks I concede in the game are coverage sacks. Oh, apart from when your say guard seems to fall asleep and just watches his man breeze past him without laying a hand on him. I get cross about those

Btw if you gave up 5 sacks on av per game for the whole season, you'd be 3rd on the all time record list beating David Carr's first season, not a good record to beat...

I haven't had many blowouts, but I have had a couple of games where the Cpu played utterly miserably, and I just wanted to get the game over. In Franchise mode, the game is programmed (for variety) to boost certain aspects for each game, e.g your run blocking, or the cpu pass blocking for example..say you play Miami 10 times in a row with the Browns. You'd get different results every time, say without blitzing much some games you'd get one sack, some where they just couldn't stop the rushers.

I'm 100% certain the game is programmed to do this, and because of this, some games become very easy whatever the sliders, and some really tough. This is even more evident in the playoffs, when you say can't stop the run whatever you try , even though you have the league's no 1 run defence. I'm only guessing, but it seems like the cpu opposition starts the game with RBA at 20, and RBLK at 20 in those games. I don't think this has changed much since last year, and last year when I was playing an unstoppable KC in the playoffs, as an experiment, I saved the game then tuned all the AI O sliders down to zero, then continued. Next drive Green hit every single pass, and Holmes reeled off huge gains with masses of broken tackles on every carry. I hope you see what I mean, don't know how to explain it any clearer I'm afraid.

I also want to lose (but of course always play to win), maybe we'll get there in time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #32
Pro

Ok, here's my first attempt to make things slightly tougher, DEF AWR up to 12, and Human RBLK down to 3. Tested quite a bit in practice, and as practice is the only way to show true slider effects, it isn't unplayable, makes it harder to pass, and v slightly harder to run, and I now think Human RBLK at 3 gives the most accurate pancake stats..

Call it vr 3.3 in lime,changes posted in first post

EDIT: Hmm, can't edit the original post anymore, guessing it must be too old, will have to ask admin or mods when available..

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-03-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »