Home

Slthree's Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Slthree's Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Slthree's Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
OK, I made some slight changes. Sroz 39, thanks for all the help. At 20 for knockdowns the Atlanta D had something like 13-15 deflections. thats too many. So, i split the difference because i like your reasoning.

I put rb ability at 15 because I want the back to be juiced and then I increased user tackle by 2. I went to 9 with user catch, just 1 short of your proposed 10. i'll see what happens

Human---CPU

QB Acc 5 to 7---10
Pass BLK 7---9
WR Catch 7 to 9---9
RB Abilty 10---13 to 15
Run Block 8---20

AWA 5---11
Knkdwns 10---10 to 15
Int 10---10
Brk Blk 0---11
Tack 4 to 6---8
These here are pretty much exactly what I was gonna try when I get home, other than the knockdowns (though you have piqued my curiosity, maybe this will get realistic play AND realistic PD numbers) and my big project for tonight was gonna be blocking/break blocking for both Human and CPU to get the pancakes under control.

Tell me how your latest revision goes, I'm gonna try these EXACT sliders tonight when I get home, and play with the blocking for a few hours.

Good Luck and thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

I'm using the updated sliders at the moment and they seem to be good. I'm losing to the Falcns 14 v 3 at the half as the Packers. The stats all seem spot on apart from pancakes which are out of control. The Falcons have 2 players with 13 each with my highest number 5.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #19
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys, I'm heading out for the night. Won't be home until 10 and then i have to watch my Tivo'd "Rockstar Supernova".

Please try the newest sliders and see what happens. I just played a half using the Chiefs v the Falcons and I loved it except one thing:

Dunn was spinning and jukeing like a mother, almost too much so I was wondering if you would try it one half as is and then try dropping CPU RB ability to 14 (instead of 15) and drop USER tackle to 5 (instead of 6). Who knows, I may go back to 13 and 4.

I want the CPU backs to be tough to stop but I don't want them to be too arcadish. I'll check this forum from my dinner tonight on my smartphone.

Can't wait to get more feedback. Wish i could play more
Old 08-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

^^^ I'll be working on them tonight and will see what dropping the RBA to 14 will do for the CPU. But again, my biggest concern tonight is the blocking/pancakes. I think if that hurdle can be overcome, the rest is just minor tinkering. At that point, we'd be very close to having a slider set that is difficult, but more importantly, realistic.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
Rookie

Will B's Arena

OVR: 1

Tried the sliders and the results seem pretty promising.

Stats for 2 Quarters of Oakland(H) vs Tennessee(CPU) using 15 min qtrs with the accelerated clock.

Oak Tenn
Score 17 17
Total Offense 241 283
Rushing 64 143
Passing 177 140

Even with the accelerated clock 15 min allows way too many plays to be run. Since in an average NFL game each team will typically run about 60 offensive plays the 41 for the Titans and 37 for the Raiders really reflect about 3 qtrs worth of action. That being the case the totals are pretty realistic.

The biggest issues I noticed were the number of dropped balls, I didn't have any vs. about 6-7 for the CPU and the CPU RB seemed a bit too amped up to me. Of course the Raiders D stinks so that may have contibuted to it too.

I'll try a whole game using 8 minute qtrs and team with a better D and check to see if the results are similar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Ok, so again I took Slthree's sliders that he based off mine that I based off his original set on page 1. These are getting pretty close, IMO. Slthree, give these a try when you get a chance. The pancakes are MUCH lower.

Human on the left, CPU on the right.

QB Acc 7--10
PBK 4--0
WR Cth 7--11 (CPU receivers don't drop balls as much)
RBA 9--13 (Decided to go to Slthree's CPU slider. Plays better)
RBK 0--2 (Had it at 3, running game was slightly too potent)

AWR 9--12
KDWN 5--20 (For me 20's perfect, will have to be adjusted individually)
INT 0--10
BRKB 0--4
TKL 4--10

FGL 6--6 (may need to go down to 5 for CPU)
FGA 0--8 (Still too easy to kick. Unfortunately, can't go below 0)
PNL 6--11
PNA 0--10
KOL 10-10

11 minute Acc. Clock ON
Sub out - 84%, sub in - 89%

Penalties: All MAX, except Holding (8), Face Mask (7), Clipping (9)

The game feels great, though it feels like something can be improved, which is where you guys come in. Give them a try, and give me some feedback.

I tried the Human Knockdown slider at 15 and lower, but unfortunately the A.I. just doesn't make realistic breaks on passes on anything lower than 20. One of the results might be higher pass deflection stats, but I personally didn't have that problem.

With the blocking, like I mentioned, I started with everything at zeros and worked from there. I think there was a battle won here, as the pancake numbers are way, way lower and you'll find realistic OL/DL battles.

I worked on the Special Teams sliders as I went along, and the kickers are just way too powerful, and it's much too difficult to miss a field goal yourself. These will have to do, with lowering CPU FGL a possibility.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Here's some thoughts on the last set by Slthree's:

Played 2 Halves :

First game was Rams @ Detroit (me) w/ 8 mn. Accelerated Clock

It was 9-7 at halftime. I kicked a field goal right at the end. Both QB's were awful. Especially Bulger. Everything was deep and floating. I accidentally hit quit and didn't see the stats.

Second Game: TB (me) @ Minnesota (12 mn. Accelerated)

Score: 24-17 TB

Some Stats:

Simms 9-13, 114 YDS, 2 TDS, INT
Williams 20-84, Running games seems pretty good for me, both games

Pancakes: 11,8,6,4,3 (Seems high)

D: 0 Sacks, 3 INT

Johnson 7-21, 96 YDS, 2 TD, 3 INT
Taylor 12-90

Pcakes: 6,6,6,5,5

D: 1 Sack, INT, FF

Overall thoughts:

I ended up dropping INT's to 0 for both ME & CPU

THE CPU QB's are awful. I feel like part of the problem with the game is they always want to go deep even when they have open guys underneath. And they just seem to be floating there passes.

I felt like Minnesota just totally pushed me around on the line and Taylor ran all over me. Socring was high and the play count was high, althouhg I let Madden call all my plays which made mo go quicker, plus my RB's never sub.

There is potential here, especially considering I usually play All-Pro and the games are still close. If Pancakes could go down a little and CPU Comp % up I'd be alright.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will B
Tried the sliders and the results seem pretty promising.

Stats for 2 Quarters of Oakland(H) vs Tennessee(CPU) using 15 min qtrs with the accelerated clock.

Oak Tenn
Score 17 17
Total Offense 241 283
Rushing 64 143
Passing 177 140

Even with the accelerated clock 15 min allows way too many plays to be run. Since in an average NFL game each team will typically run about 60 offensive plays the 41 for the Titans and 37 for the Raiders really reflect about 3 qtrs worth of action. That being the case the totals are pretty realistic.

The biggest issues I noticed were the number of dropped balls, I didn't have any vs. about 6-7 for the CPU and the CPU RB seemed a bit too amped up to me. Of course the Raiders D stinks so that may have contibuted to it too.

I'll try a whole game using 8 minute qtrs and team with a better D and check to see if the results are similar

Just got home and my wife is so mad I'm heading straight for the computer but I have to know.

Stats look pretty darn good. Glad it worked well for you. I love the fact that the CPU has a major running game. Is it too strong? Time will tell.

WR catch is a tough one. I think 7-9 is right for the user. I actually prefer 7 because I do want my guys to drop balls. he CPU is another story. Maybe that could be 10 or 11 if they are dropping too many. The reason I have it at 9 is because I was not seeing drops at higher numbers.

Keep testing. Keep posting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »