Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA
I haven't played on all pro this year but my question is I see that you got your knockdown and pass blocks sliders even which is good but the question is with your Tackle and Run blocking slider not even do you find that you or the computer one gets un even pank cakes at the end of the game? by judeing the sliders it looks like the cpu shuts down your run more so naturally they end up with more pan cakes then you do right ? Just curious
My Sliders are aimed at franchise play, (for earlier comments see thread is my sig), and with 3 RBLK, you get just about the right no of pancakes for the player. The cpu may get a v slightly larger amount in a played game, but as thats only 1 game out of 16 (or 2 if in division), it won't reflect in season stats...

I'd say current sliders are for reasonably experienced all-pro players. Running is tough for human, but not impossible if you vary play callls, use audibles and varying sets. If you call the same set and run on every first down, then in most games the run will get stuffed.

If you come out with with 2 TE single back, and the D is in a nickle, then audible to a run for example. If you come out with 4WR intending to run a draw, and the D refuses to cover them "honestly", then audible to a pass, and if they then audible to a pass D, quickly audible back to a run and snap the ball . Vary the QB's cadence (if you always snap the ball on the first "hut" the D line will be all over you after a few plays)

Practice, and knowing your play book and audibles is the key.....

As with previous versions of Madden, if you wait till the center points out the blocking assignments (around 3 or 4 secs left on play clock with accel clock on), your guys seem to block just that bit better.

Personally, the cpu isn't having any problems running on me with these settings in an average game. I'd particularly like feedback on this i.e. "Does the cpu run ok on you"....

All feedback good and bad welcomed.Thanks.

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-06-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Tampa (me) 30
Carolina 10

Total Offense
Tampa- 285
Carolina- 206

Rushing Yds
Tampa- 131
Carolina- 58

Passing Yds
Tampa- 154
Carolina- 148

Turnover
Tampa-0
Carolina- 3

I scored my first touchdown on a interception a tipped pass with Brian Kelly.
Foster Fumbled the ball
Another Interception (Barber)

Carolina could not rush the ball on me. Three of their drives started out on their 10 yard line. Their defense could not stop Simms. One time in the game Simms completed 10 straight passes. I played a conservative game. Rushed the ball 41 time (Williams, Pittman, Allstott and Simms). I was 16-21 with 164 yds. I was sacked one time for 10 yds. I sacked CPU 3 times.

Your sliders were great.

I think that CPU defense needs to be harder (complete over 50% 3rd downs)
Running game could improve (Tampa defense is good)
Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
My Sliders are aimed at franchise play, (for earlier comments see thread is my sig), and with 3 RBLK, you get just about the right no of pancakes for the player. The cpu may get a v slightly larger amount in a played game, but as thats only 1 game out of 16 (or 2 if in division), it won't reflect in season stats...

I'd say current sliders are for reasonably experienced all-pro players. Running is tough for human, but not impossible if you vary play callls, use audibles and varying sets. If you call the same set and run on every first down, then in most games the run will get stuffed.

If you come out with with 2 TE single back, and the D is in a nickle, then audible to a run for example. If you come out with 4WR intending to run a draw, and the D refuses to cover them "honestly", then audible to a pass, and if they then audible to a pass D, quickly audible back to a run and snap the ball . Vary the QB's cadence (if you always snap the ball on the first "hut" the D line will be all over you after a few plays)

As with previous versions of Madden, if you wait till the center points out the blocking assignments (around 3 or 4 secs left on play clock with accel clock on), your guys seem to block just that bit better.

Personally, the cpu isn't having any problems running on me with these settings in an average game. I'd particularly like feedback on this i.e. "Does the cpu run ok on you"....

I agree with most of what you said. But if i come out with a I twin set and the CPU 4-3 i will never get a big gain with CPU AWR and RBLK set this way in my opinion. and in reality this is not the case. i should not have to wait for the CPU to pick a nickel set if i am in a run set. i understand that higher RBLK will result in higher pancakes.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

My point isn't about experienced players its abou how the hum vs cpu engine works i dont care how good you are my point is the cpu will get more pan cakes then you which you are right it don't reflect stats but that was the point of was trying to make about your run sliders.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thus far I haven't seen much difference from basic All-Pro. 6 games experience... 6-0 (with 1 nailbiter).

Passing appears to be the same difficulty, the running game appears to be a bit harder now, but I can't tell if that's just the opponents I played.

I have noticed that the CPU running backs are a bit more lethal... they seem to break every tackle unless it's made by a DL. Also, my very fast (93,95 spd) corners seem extremely slow now. Not sure what the deal is, but they can't keep up with anyone anymore in man to man coverage. I have to play zone all the time now.

The CPU QBs still love to throw into double & triple coverage and my CBs are standing there in a zone when the ball comes to them and now it seems like they never grab the INT.

There's definetly a problem w/the short yardage offense.
The only thing that's killing me is I can't run up the middle on 3rd & inches, they always do the post-snap read (down R stick), blitz everyone and make me lose 2 yards. It's impossible to gain yardage on it. Unfortunately, because of this, any playaction to the FB/TE is a gimme 10 yards on 3rd & short or inside the 10. *shrug*

You want to hear the dumbest thing I've ever seen yet in this game... I rolled Drew Brees out to the left, checked through my receivers and because it was 2nd down & pass rushers were coming, I wanted to throw the ball away, so I hit L-Trigger. What happens ? Brees does a 360 jump, turn & throw, and fires the ball all the way over to the FAR SIDE OF THE FIELD !?!?! And, of course, there's a LB in a phantom zone (no one within 15 yards of him) and he grabs it & takes it to the house. Weirdness.

Anyway...the sliders are definetly better... but I'm winning all my games in an extremely UGLY fashion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 02:17 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

@Jedaviso:- Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what sliders you give the cpu QB, it doesn't affect their pass selection.They still make some dumb throws.

The AWR also affects D players speeds, besides making them react quicker in other words, it makes them faster. This is why your cbs are more sluggish.

The cpu "commit" to run on 3rd and short makes it difficult to run straight ahead, but not impossible, and when they do this, I don't believe sliders make much of a difference. Personally I've probably converted 50% of 3rd and short against this play, you need to make the first guy miss with a juke, cut, or power move. Most of the time if they are trying to stuff the middle, I just audible to a sweep in this case though

The Brees throw does sound stupid, though at least you can scramble against your arm and still throw on the move with this year's version.

@ALL:-

Sliders are of course still a work in progress, and will need further adjustments. The main problem seems to be getting the cpu offense to call and play a decent game without boosting them to superhuman lvls (as I hate this concept), or making your defence so stupid that they just stand there and watch which again isn't an option to me.

Using 2 controllers to turn the cpu's passing cone off (a la last year) may be an option, but since this stops you from using created packages and playbooks etc. makes me loathe to do this.

I have been playing Madden since 1991 on the mega drive (sheesh makes me feel old) and am determined to produce some sliders which give fair games, producing decent stats, in which the player actually has a chance to lose, which I still believe is possible with this game engine.

Feedback good and bad is the way to go, thanks for reading
Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
@Jedaviso:- Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what sliders you give the cpu QB, it doesn't affect their pass selection.They still make some dumb throws.

The AWR also affects D players speeds, besides making them react quicker in other words, it makes them faster. This is why your cbs are more sluggish.

The cpu "commit" to run on 3rd and short makes it difficult to run straight ahead, but not impossible, and when they do this, I don't believe sliders make much of a difference. Personally I've probably converted 50% of 3rd and short against this play, you need to make the first guy miss with a juke, cut, or power move. Most of the time if they are trying to stuff the middle, I just audible to a sweep in this case though

The Brees throw does sound stupid, though at least you can scramble against your arm and still throw on the move with this year's version.

@ALL:-

Sliders are of course still a work in progress, and will need further adjustments. The main problem seems to be getting the cpu offense to call and play a decent game without boosting them to superhuman lvls (as I hate this concept), or making your defence so stupid that they just stand there and watch which again isn't an option to me.

Using 2 controllers to turn the cpu's passing cone off (a la last year) may be an option, but since this stops you from using created packages and playbooks etc. makes me loathe to do this.

I have been playing Madden since 1991 on the mega drive (sheesh makes me feel old) and am determined to produce some sliders which give fair games, producing decent stats, in which the player actually has a chance to lose, which I still believe is possible with this game engine.

Feedback good and bad is the way to go, thanks for reading
I think the sliders are getting closer. but i still crushed Indy 30-7 in Indy. they actually had 80 yards rushing and a 4.4 average but Manning's play calling was horrible. I really think that is why i win so much. the stupid play calling from the CPU. they never seem to go for the bomb unless it is play action. and this is about 1-2 times a game only. i consistenly played 4-3 even against them even with 3 WRs and this worked. i i used a nickel the cpu will always run and get a bigger gain.

I think the keys are increasing CPU RBLK. I am tyring 6 now. Human also at 6.

On offense i couldn't run at all. 72 yards and a 3.7 average. the 3-4 is very tough against the run. but with CPU AWR at 12 it was tougher. they run faster. i could never complete a pass over the middle because their lbs react like superman. but...i did have 2 60 yard bombs to antonio gates. simple fly patterns when a LB was covering. the CPU is so smart sometimes but single covers gates on 3rd down?

anyway, AWR 6/12, RBLK 6/6.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #24
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Remember in 05 and 06, playing franchise mode, human controlled team always leads the league in run defense? I guess this is not the case for 07.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »