Home

Sliders Questions - impact on gameplay

This is a discussion on Sliders Questions - impact on gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sliders Questions - impact on gameplay

Hi all, I'm absolutely new to Madden (I played some pick up game on PC in the past, but a lot of Sierra Football until they stopped it in '99) and I bought it for the 360...
I started 2 nights ago on AllPro level with Playmakers sliders founded here as I thought that they should be more challenging than default but not as difficult as All Madden level (even if I read all the AllMadden Sliders discussion here in the forum)...

Quote:
QBA-50/60
PASS BLK-25/25
WR CATCH-50/50
RBA-50/50
RUN BLK-0-5/25......(The Human RUN BLK Slider may appears as 5 but it actually equals about 25%)

DEF AWR-20/100
KDWN-0-5/75
INT-0-5/25
BRK BLK-5/50
TKL-25/25...........(By lowering this slider for the CPU it actually allows you more room to run)

I played 3 and a half game with the Bengals (I'm Italian, I have 2-3 teams I like best and one is Cinci, together with Seattle and Green Bay) so far but there are some things I can't really understand...
I played the first half game against the Browns and I decided to stop and lab for a few hours in order to understand better the game basics and joypad use in practice mode, than I played 3 times against Seattle, to see the progress vs. same team...
I won 1 and lost 2, basically for mistakes made with the defense (I'm practicing with the basic audibles commands yet) BUT all the 3 games have been close games
BUT

-11 picks from the Seattle and Cleveland D in 14 quarters (3 and half games) means 3/4 interceptions per game...way too much....

-19 sacks in 3 games VS Seattle where the Seattle Defensive Line is not much stronger than the Bengals OL...even if I had some poor calls, most of them where within 2-3 seconds from the snap

-2 sacks in 3 games made from my Defense (I only play a Lineman in Defense)

- a lot of broken tackle from Shaun Alexander (say 8/9 per game within 20-25 carries)

- very few broken tackles from Rudi Johnson (even if YPG was 70/80 with a 4.5 YPC)

for the first problem I think I should tweak CPU INT from 25 to 15 and see what happens...

for the other problems I don't know if the biggest impact come from TACKLING slider (actually 25/25 HUM/CPU) or BRK BLOCK (5/50) in defensive sliders or from PASS/RUN BLOCK AND RBA in Offensive sliders...

one last question...is All Madden insane or is it just "very challenging" ??? the JoeGibbsStudent sliders and approch is very interesting but I'm afraid I will not enjoy the All Madden level...

thank you
Roberto
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »