Home

Everything set to zero

This is a discussion on Everything set to zero within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #73
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Everything set to zero

Tried this on ALL Madden level. SF (me) at KC.

1st play- Bowe 75yd. catch and run TD.
Kick off
1st 'Niner play- Gore a ziz zag 75 yd. TD run.

You get the idea. 23-13 KC at half time. I saw 4 fumbles and I threw two stupid INTs on my part and Clements picked off Huard twice.

I'll keep testing. I do think that these will play best on All Pro though. Having the defensive sliders at 0 with help for the CPU offense is just brutally tough.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #74
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

The game play is nice, the stats don't seem diminished as much. My worry are the fumbles. Devon Hester breaks a punt return for nearly 80 yrds on the return to only fumble inside the 10 yard line. I think it's idiotic and non realistic compared to the real NFL. What are the chances of Devon Hester fumbling the football inside the 10 after a perfect punt return?

Let's hope there's a patch in the near future that will correct this problem. For the most part, the sliders set to zero are gratifying. I can actually enjoy my games regardless if there's frequent fumbles.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #75
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Seems to be some confusion regarding the slider settings, they are as follows:

Difficulty - All-Madden (for now)

HUM/CPU

QB ACC - 50/50
WR CTH - 50/50
RB ABL - 25/25

Everything else - ZERO

Perhaps a seperate thread might help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #76
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I think both the hum pass and run block need to be upped. I know you shouldn't have tons of time in the pocket but my guys are barely running routes..
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #77
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Ok, here's the problem with All-Madden................for instance:

When a WR runs a curl/hook route, the DB knows EXACTLY when the WR is making his cut, even if he is running/looking down the field in coverage. The key is creating 'seperation' when it's appropriate. With the CPU AWR and INT/KDWN sliders already at ZERO, this concerns me alot, because there is no adjustment to make.

That said, i'll be putting my efforts into All-Pro. The task at that level is getting the CPU to play 'intelligent' without gameplay suffering, and also having an 'NFL' offense.

I'll be doing this the remainder of the evening.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #78
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Madden = Exagerrated
All Pro = Even
Pro = Easy

If you wish to play on Madden, your results will not be correct and your players will actually be depreciated compared to the CPU. I believe the best setting would be on All Pro. Unfortunately the fumbles are not allowing me to play on either setting or slider difference. I could honestly say that Madden 08 is not a playable game this year. Ea fell a little short on their progression for 08.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #79
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

What is so frustrating for me is sitting in practice mode tweaking sliders, watching replays, tweaking more sliders until players react the right way. Varying teams to see how the results match.....are they consistent?

Then.......

I throw the Bears in there to practice against and I jump on D. I watch time and again, Rex take his seven step drop (nice that the different drops are in the game as it helps a lot w/timing), assess the field, then try to throw a pass to a guy who is stationary and covered. Even @ ZERO you pick this off, be it a DL, or LB.....be it PRO, ALL-PRO, or ALL-MADDEN. There should be a slider:

QSS (Quarterback Stupidity Slider):

IMO, This is the "slider" that is causing so many of the INT's, granted, the better QB's dont do this but the bad ones are really, really bad - and this is so pronounced against these guys. The simple function of this slider would involve the CPU "seeing" - "Hey, that guy is blanket covered and not moving, there is a LB in front of him......maybe I should not throw to him?" I mean, raising the QBA simply makes the ball go "not quite" on a perfectly straight line to the guy covering his receiver - so the defender has to take a 1/2 step to one side.

............and no, he is not being pressured -he simply throws to him for the hell of it.

The more I think about it the more I think that the cpu QB"s are coded to work thru the ir progression and if the first 3 or 4 option are going to be covered - they throw to the last guy anyway as opposed to taking the sack or throwing out of bounds.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #80
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona

QSS (Quarterback Stupidity Slider):
Thanks for the laugh!

Anyways..........I agree with what you say, i'm beginning to wonder if adjusting the QB's AWR attribute would help. I'm willing to adjust Kitna's (I test on my first game of the season - Det at Raiders) to see if he gets "smarter".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »